NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

BurstSpeed

Reaction score
Went for my interview today. It's my 2nd time being interviewed after my unsuccessful attempt last year. Both times was shortlisted for Pri Eng & Maths. Only diff is last year they allowed you to choose which subject to present on, while this time they specifically said to present on English (if it's the first subject). I had presented on Maths previously. So anw, there doesn't seem to be a fixed template which the interviewers wlll follow for the lesson presentation - the ones last year didn't even interrupt at all & allowed me to actually finish my presentation, while the ones this time interrupted & kept asking childish questions (I guess as how Pri sch students would). In the end, 5 mins was up before I could finish my intended presentation.

As for the actual interview portion, there were fewer questions posed as compared to my previous experience. Wonder if such a change is the norm for this year's applications or they didn't ask as many questions because they have already written you off? Anw, only 3 of the 5 ppl present asked questions, while last year all 5 of them including the HR opened their mouths. In the end, the whole interview session lasted under half an hour.

same here as well. mine was about 20mins. that being said by the time i ended it was close to 3:40..

helloitsbryan

Reaction score
Want to speak to you to learn more

Hi congrats on being shortlisted! I've actually applied twice to be a teacher. The first time was during NS and after A levels for NTU/NIE. And the second time, which is recently, for PGDE so yours might be a little bit different.

For the NTU/NIE interview I did almost 8 years ago, there were 5 interviewers including HR. They mainly asked why I chose the course and why the subject. Interview was more chill coz maybe I was younger and I think I was more unfiltered so I remembered I made them laugh quite a bit. Can't remember what I said.

I was eventually accepted for the programme, which I accepted in that year of application. However, I decided to reapply for other courses the next year so I chose to go to another school for undergrad.

The PGDE interview is more structured and I was more careful in what I said just to be on the safe side. 100% chance is that they'll first ask yiub why you wanna be a teacher so prep for this question best, and the reason why you chose the teaching subject next. Other questions are just them asking u more on the answers u gave them.

Hey there!

I am interested in your application process with MOE and would love to speak to you to find out more.

If you are comfortable with sharing, could you private message me? I cannot private message you due to my low post count.

Hope to hear from you!

Best regards,
Bryan

hlannie

Reaction score
Hi anyone from 30th DEC 2020 EPT test has gotton your offer recently? I am waiting eversince last year AUG, was told to wait for June this year. Any same situation friends here?

Miloiced

Reaction score
*Edit: Group is closed! Thanks!*

Hello!

Was reading through the old threads and realised the telegram group was closed.

Is anyone keen if we were to set up a group for Jan/Feb 2021 DipEd/PGDE chat?

*edit: please PM me your username!
(looking to keep it to Jan/Feb 2021 applicants!)

*Edit: Group is closed! Thanks!*

Last edited:

defydaniel

Reaction score
Hello!

I'll be interested to join could you drop me a pm please? (I have too few post count sry)

Chaohpuii_

Reaction score
Hello!

Hi sorry sorry, i would be very interested. Could you PM me, cant pm cause new member. Much appreciated!

Chaohpuii_

Reaction score
thanks for reaching out, but i cant even reply to your DM haha.. if its possible could u pm me the chat link? thank you very much. much appreciated!

Hello!

zhanh0ng

Reaction score
Hello!

I’m keen too. DM pls

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.