Univeristy Of Wollongong (SIM) future/current/students come in!!!

Astoach

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering for FYP, since it is 6 months, is it considered as 2 modules or is it still 1 module?

Also, I understand that for the first 3 months of FYP, it is mostly documentation, then for the last 3 months, it is more of the implementation, but is there anyone, that gone through it before and can provide further details? Like will it be similar to CSIT 314 where we use scrum in taiga?

P.S. my team is doing obfuscator in python.

anderson666

Reaction score
I am currently in CS big data program, i have failed two programming subjects csci 251 advanced programming and csit110 fundamental programming in python ,what should i do, please advice.

Poor thing lor, Luke McAven always scam you to stay in SIM GE for 6 years bro. I complained to Vivian Balakrishnan but he dw to help. One of a kind MP ** bro. NO WAY PPL ARE GONNA VOTE FOR HIM BRO. Best thing is to take the knowledge and transfer elsewhere lor. UOW is unethical bro. Just remember to kanna Loo Poh Kok. He is everywhere. He is a scam lecturer bro.

WAR10CK

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering for FYP, since it is 6 months, is it considered as 2 modules or is it still 1 module?

Also, I understand that for the first 3 months of FYP, it is mostly documentation, then for the last 3 months, it is more of the implementation, but is there anyone, that gone through it before and can provide further details? Like will it be similar to CSIT 314 where we use scrum in taiga?

P.S. my team is doing obfuscator in python.

Yes. CSIT 314 is just like a mini version of a FYP. So whatever you learn in CSIT 314 like the taiga, testing, test results etc. the whole bunch of the module. do it for the same for your FYP. your fyp documentation should be good enough.

ps: Just graduated dec 2020, did my FYP from 06/2020 to 12/2020. Hellish moments

WAR10CK

Reaction score
I just checked the schedule, it's 6 modules + fyp for year 3.

Yes got 2 modules must take with fyp concurrently. fyp is split into 2 parts, the planning and execution, 3 months each. So that 2 modules will take in first part or second part of fyp is depending on what is being offered.

Hello, i think you got it wrong regarding on what you mentioned "2 modules will take in first part or second part of fyp".

For example

your fyp is from 06/2020 to 12/2020, 2 Semester.

The first semester, you will do the first part of your fyp. concurrently, you will do a Year 3 module subject like system administration, backend web prog, big data management, business process management etc. You will have an exam on september/2020 before your 3 weeks term break. That goes on for Oct to Dec.

Cheers

WAR10CK

Reaction score
Btw currently the lectures are conducted in person or online? How the lecturers from Australia come over?

Cannot remember already, yes months fyp is correct. Number of modules don't remember is 4 or 6.

Pre-covid times.

During the year 3 modules, the australian lecturers will flew in and conduct theory lessons during the first week of the semester.

eg: 1st study week of OCT/2020 is from 28 Sept to 3 Oct. So from 28 sept, 29 sept, 30 sept, 1 oct, 2 of oct. Theory lesson will be conducted during Day time for Full Time student and evening time (7pm to 10pm) for part time student. On the 3rd of Oct, which is the last day of the week. by that time, the australian lecturer will be going thru examination questions and tips on the upcoming examination. From there onwards, the lecturer will fly back to australia the following monday.

During, Post Covid Times.

All theory lesson had been spread across the semester like the same way as how modules were scheduled during Year 2.

Regards
WAR10CK

Reaction score
I also notice that the CS courses may be too practical since it lack foundational CS courses like operating systems, computer architecture and etc.

These foundation usually learned during diploma or thru working experience

Posted from PCWX using waify Ganyu mobile

anderson666

Reaction score
Well, if the Aussie lecturers are using unethical psychological tricks to pressure you to study or lengthen your stay, you have to come up with some cock and bull plan to kana them bro. Patricia Yap won't help you, she is a sales woman bro, she makes commission out of your sch fees, throw in scam counsellors like Rosalind Lim Soh Chuan, ppl have to get even-handed with them and the Hongkie Lee Kwok Cheong.

shan1994

Reaction score
I am currently in CS big data program, i have failed two programming subjects csci 251 advanced programming and csit110 fundamental programming in python ,what should i do, please advice.

Just want to check have you considered switching to BIT instead as not much programming is needed compared to the other specialization. Currently this semester I am going through the same modules, Python I still think is doable but for Csci251 (advance programming) I really dont see any hope to pass the module. More like the assignemnts are absolute killer. I am considering high time to switch specialization as frankly speaking my programming skills is absoltely rubbish. Not sure if I have to take advance programming again if I fail, as for BIT student it says elective. Hope to get an answer from someone because I highly considering to switch...

Loveless_80

Reaction score
Just want to check have you considered switching to BIT instead as not much programming is needed compared to the other specialization. Currently this semester I am going through the same modules, Python I still think is doable but for Csci251 (advance programming) I really dont see any hope to pass the module. More like the assignemnts are absolute killer. I am considering high time to switch specialization as frankly speaking my programming skills is absoltely rubbish. Not sure if I have to take advance programming again if I fail, as for BIT student it says elective. Hope to get an answer from someone because I highly considering to switch...

Best to check with the course admin if you still need to take 251 again.

spectral

Master Member
Reaction score

csci251 is indeed a killer, i remember i took it and was cursing loudly everyday doing the assignments.
had a classmate who was doing it together with me was actually taking it the 2nd time and ended up failed again.

not very easy, but i did saw most of my classmates who cannot code c++ or don't understand how to go about doing the assignments also manage to get a pass.

HanDienasty

Reaction score
I feel like the longer I stay in CSCI 251 the more toxic I become...brain fill with alot of negative thoughts. Anyone feel the same?

shan1994

Reaction score
I feel like the longer I stay in CSCI 251 the more toxic I become...brain fill with alot of negative thoughts. Anyone feel the same?

Not just toxic, I went into depression. Not even kidding. I was very passionate to learn programming, my background was in mech eng and I left my eng course from SIT to pursue my dream in learn computer science. Year 1 went by smoothly even though I struggled a lot with the programming modules, since it's very application based and it requires a lot of applied knowledge. Hence I struggled with all the programming modules but my other modules were sufficiently decent. Everything was fine until I came across CSCI251! ABSOLUTELY nerve rupturing...i really don't know how can people even pass this module. I don't understand any of the assignments. 90% of my work is all copied from online & exam is probably going to be a slaughter house. I see no hope getting through this module. Not sure of moderation would even help, as I heard the failure rate is high for CSCI251

HanDienasty

Reaction score
Mr Tian damn useless

Eh seriously dk how this CSCI251 online exam is going to be...Mr tian say dun bother looking at past year as he say online format different. then how to prepare? ** i feel like its going to be a slaughterhouse...

spectral

Master Member
Reaction score
Eh seriously dk how this CSCI251 online exam is going to be...Mr tian say dun bother looking at past year as he say online format different. then how to prepare? ** i feel like its going to be a slaughterhouse...

next week is the exam liao wor, have u prepared?

dawntime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone applying for DSS July intake PT?

Gonna ORD in May and I've already forgotten most of the coding knowledge :s22:

HanDienasty

Reaction score
ok la... i study the whole week but still catch no ball. like understand how to answer qns but ask me program sure die. hopefully luck will be on my side n help me clear...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.