Wireless bluetooth EAR BUDS recommendations

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After using the Buds Pro for a few days, here are my comments between this and Jabra 85t:

1. My comment about wireless charging was wrong. Both the Buds Pro and Jabra charges well on most wireless charging pads. I forgot to turn on the charger which is why I thought it wasn't charging at first (sorry).

2. Today I really needed noise cancellation because my upstairs neighbour was doing hacking works. 85t was more effective in this regard (didn't seem to be able to achieve a good noise seal with the Buds Pro, I think because it has a more 'open' design?).

3. SQ wise, 85t seems to have a fuller sound. Buds Pro has clarity, but lacks in bass.

4. Both headsets don't perform well when connected to Windows -- significant audio delay noted when playing YouTube videos. But I guess this is more of a Windows problem. I noted the delay was more severe on the Buds Pro. Also, there's no option to turn ANC off if not using the Wearable app.

5. Like that the case for the Buds Pro is much smaller. But if you are clumsy maybe the Jabra would be better.

6. IPX7 on the Buds Pro makes it ideal for running. But I feel fit wise, the 85t fits more securely in my ears.

7. Both Elite 85t and Buds Pro have oval shaped tips. The earwax guard is also built into the eartips for the 85t, so might be harder to find aftermarket tips for 85t vs the Buds Pro

8. Really prefer the physical buttons on the 85t vs the touch sensitive controls on the Buds Pro. Also, you can at least disable ANC on the 85t via controls and also adjust volume. On the Buds Pro it is only 'either or' and no option to disable ANC via the touch controls.

9. The master-slave config on the 85t is really restrictive. Also, it drains the right earbud at a much quicker rate (e.g. right now my left earbud is 90% while right earbud is 81%).

Overall I'm still in favour of the Elite 85t, if you disregard the price difference. Much better ANC and SQ (maybe subjective) compared to the Buds Pro. I'm using Samsung Scalable Codec on the Buds Pro and have tried both SBC and AAC on the 85t. However, Buds Pro has more convenience features, e.g. can use one bud at a time, and have IPX7 support. And of course, given that there is an excess supply of Buds Pro in the market right now, you can get it for like $100 cheaper than the Elite 85t.

Had trouble finding the RZ-S500 previously but based on reviews the Panasonic seems quite good too. May be worth checking out next.

Adelyte

Reaction score
After using the Buds Pro for a few days, here are my comments between this and Jabra 85t:

1. My comment about wireless charging was wrong. Both the Buds Pro and Jabra charges well on most wireless charging pads. I forgot to turn on the charger which is why I thought it wasn't charging at first (sorry).

2. Today I really needed noise cancellation because my upstairs neighbour was doing hacking works. 85t was more effective in this regard (didn't seem to be able to achieve a good noise seal with the Buds Pro, I think because it has a more 'open' design?).

3. SQ wise, 85t seems to have a fuller sound. Buds Pro has clarity, but lacks in bass.

4. Both headsets don't perform well when connected to Windows -- significant audio delay noted when playing YouTube videos. But I guess this is more of a Windows problem. I noted the delay was more severe on the Buds Pro. Also, there's no option to turn ANC off if not using the Wearable app.

5. Like that the case for the Buds Pro is much smaller. But if you are clumsy maybe the Jabra would be better.

6. IPX7 on the Buds Pro makes it ideal for running. But I feel fit wise, the 85t fits more securely in my ears.

7. Both Elite 85t and Buds Pro have oval shaped tips. The earwax guard is also built into the eartips for the 85t, so might be harder to find aftermarket tips for 85t vs the Buds Pro

8. Really prefer the physical buttons on the 85t vs the touch sensitive controls on the Buds Pro. Also, you can at least disable ANC on the 85t via controls and also adjust volume. On the Buds Pro it is only 'either or' and no option to disable ANC via the touch controls.

9. The master-slave config on the 85t is really restrictive. Also, it drains the right earbud at a much quicker rate (e.g. right now my left earbud is 90% while right earbud is 81%).

Overall I'm still in favour of the Elite 85t, if you disregard the price difference. Much better ANC and SQ (maybe subjective) compared to the Buds Pro. I'm using Samsung Scalable Codec on the Buds Pro and have tried both SBC and AAC on the 85t. However, Buds Pro has more convenience features, e.g. can use one bud at a time, and have IPX7 support. And of course, given that there is an excess supply of Buds Pro in the market right now, you can get it for like $100 cheaper than the Elite 85t.

Had trouble finding the RZ-S500 previously but based on reviews the Panasonic seems quite good too. May be worth checking out next.

Is it becos is the seal that affects the sound quality? Right now ppl is selling at abt $170. Do u think it's worth it? Sound wise I wish it's decent enough. But seems like everyone is saying it's not quite up there.

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it becos is the seal that affects the sound quality? Right now ppl is selling at abt $170. Do u think it's worth it? Sound wise I wish it's decent enough. But seems like everyone is saying it's not quite up there.

I think the seal affects sound quality somewhat. YMMV, but for me I found it a bit hard to get a good seal with the included eartips. Third party eartips are a bit hit and miss as well because the tip is very oval-shaped.

For $170 it depends what are your requirements... If you don't need waterproofing and not using for exercising maybe the Sony 1000 XM3 might be a better choice -- it apparently has better noise cancelling. As an 'all-around' earbud with some degree of ANC, I think Buds Pro is worth considering.

Adelyte

Reaction score
I think the seal affects sound quality somewhat. YMMV, but for me I found it a bit hard to get a good seal with the included eartips. Third party eartips are a bit hit and miss as well because the tip is very oval-shaped.

For $170 it depends what are your requirements... If you don't need waterproofing and not using for exercising maybe the Sony 1000 XM3 might be a better choice -- it apparently has better noise cancelling. As an 'all-around' earbud with some degree of ANC, I think Buds Pro is worth considering.

Xm3 is out for me as it's too big for wireless earbuds. Small package and decent sound is more imp to me.

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Xm3 is out for me as it's too big for wireless earbuds. Small package and decent sound is more imp to me.

Can try the RZ-S500 as someone mentioned above.

I mean SQ wise, the galaxy buds pro is decent. Just feel it is lacking a bit in bass though some people might prefer that.

Gaddy23

Reaction score
Been using the Fiil T1 Lite for a month but only issue is the Bluetooth keeps disconnecting esp in MRT. Its fine everywhere else for the most part. Anyone facing the same issue? I also can't detect it even after installing the app. So i'm just using it just to listen to music without any controls lol but the sound quality is ace so i can bear it haha.

justln

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been using the Fiil T1 Lite for a month but only issue is the Bluetooth keeps disconnecting esp in MRT. Its fine everywhere else for the most part. Anyone facing the same issue? I also can't detect it even after installing the app. So i'm just using it just to listen to music without any controls lol but the sound quality is ace so i can bear it haha.
Delete TraceTogether if you're using it.

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Jabra Elite 85T is not meant to work properly with laptop and computer

Despite commanding such a premium....

chesterqw

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Jabra Elite 85T is not meant to work properly with laptop and computer

Despite commanding such a premium....

care to explain what "work properly" means? because i have tried most of my wireless earphones and headphones with my laptop and they "work properly", therefore it currently looks like it is a PEBCAK issue

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
care to explain what "work properly" means? because i have tried most of my wireless earphones and headphones with my laptop and they "work properly", therefore it currently looks like it is a PEBCAK issue

For me there is audio video lag when the elite 85t is used on a laptop. Also, you can't customise the controls although not so much of an issue if you have already done the customisation to your preference on your phone.

Whenever you write in to jabra support, they will simply reply you that the elite 85t is not meant to be used on PCs

cutiedoggy92

Master Member
Reaction score
Is there any TWS to recommend that is similar to the sound quality of wf1000xm3? I’ve been using that but the slightly budging earbuds abit annoying. I have to be very careful when I have my earbuds in my ear else I mighty accidentally brush against it and it will drop off

ksksksks

Reaction score
I just got one! Doesn’t have this issue.
Price is good at $49

I don’t see any sound quality difference with the t1 pro lol :s13:

xmen

Reaction score
I have soundpeats truengine 3 and it has this function of manually turning on and off without the case. Does other tws earbuds have this function? If yes which are the ones?

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have soundpeats truengine 3 and it has this function of manually turning on and off without the case. Does other tws earbuds have this function? If yes which are the ones?
Those big brands one like Samsung, Sony, Apple usually don't have. Best is to download the user manuals and see if got this function.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.