Thread all abt ROLEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

benqhoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
khimwoon said:
this should throw away all the others perception of lack of cosc on non-date... its the same cosc standard movement found in explorer 1 ah etc... base on timezone qoute... this movement is one of the most tough wearing found in rolex line... due to the fact it lack the date function thus a more rugged movement... anyone who wan get a sub... can consider this 14060M... value for money...

go get GMT also... damn solid price now too... damn not eoungh money... if not i get both!!!!
the COSC +6 /-4 standards is quite meaning less nowadays lah...almost any watch can do that...
but COSC is a mechanical watch tradition test loh...they why today they still send for certification...
think the sub non-date don’t send is because of the cost...need $$$ mah...if send for COSC sure got to pay more $$$...

some of R models using the same movement…
3130 is a non-date version of 3135(Sea Dweller, Sub Date, Yacht Master, DateJust, Date using)
GMT2 using the same movement as explorer II...3185
think it easier for them to keep spare parts ba…even a 50+yrs old Rolex got replacement parts…

becareful...later kana the 'Kon Tao' of of Rolex....buy 1st pic...feel like buying more...:o
got $$$....collect the whole Pro series loh...:D

Last edited:

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ANy GMT users here?? the triangle shld set as GMT time or the 24 hour min of our local time??

evets

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nakedtoes said:
Snip3r: better check that yr crown is fully tighten. my wasn't lucky i find out else water get in die liaoz.. think they adjust the time for us they nv lock the crown and want to seal the deal fast. Go check :)

For those going to buy watch.. check that too

hey guyz, i m not sure if u felt the same for ur rolex after having it for a while, but i dont wear it that often hence i have to wind the watch every time i want to wear it to the exact time, by constantly wind the crown will it do any adverse effect to the watch?

Coz now when i wind the crown, i feel that its not as smooth as when i first got it.

PS: I just got mine 6 months ago.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
evets said:
hey guyz, i m not sure if u felt the same for ur rolex after having it for a while, but i dont wear it that often hence i have to wind the watch every time i want to wear it to the exact time, by constantly wind the crown will it do any adverse effect to the watch?

Coz now when i wind the crown, i feel that its not as smooth as when i first got it.

not sure the movement not crease yet still wearing... by the way when i try to turn the crown can feel got oil inside...

benqhoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
evets said:

think ok lah...still under warranty rite...??? if really got problem send to them for a check loh...
usually keep winding will bcome 'loose' loh...
Rolex also regard these parts as consumable...they can be repalce easily...

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
benqhoo said:
think ok lah...still under warranty rite...??? if really got problem send to them for a check loh...
usually keep winding will bcome 'loose' loh...
Rolex also regard these parts as consumable...they can be repalce easily...

within warranty period can service for free?

benqhoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nakedtoes said:
within warranty period can service for free?
what i mean if got problem lah...
normally mech watch 5yrs service once...

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Snip3r: just now u go back get the missing items??

Do u have a service booklet?

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
snip3r said:
yeah i have all of em now =)

service booklet look like wat??
i think i dun have it

I have the GMT book, oyster book, chronometer book.. no more book laioz.. U?

snip3r

Banned
Reaction score
Nakedtoes said:
service booklet look like wat??
i think i dun have it

I have the GMT book, oyster book, chronometer book.. no more book laioz.. U?
there are 2 books,that's what me and the other guy got =)

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
snip3r said:
there are 2 books,that's what me and the other guy got =)

ok.. cause i read from timezone they got a socalled "service booklet" dun know wat also... so u wear to work?? free must come out for kopi.. =:p

snip3r

Banned
Reaction score
Nakedtoes said:
ok.. cause i read from timezone they got a socalled "service booklet" dun know wat also... so u wear to work?? free must come out for kopi.. =:p
wear lor.....hehe

benqhoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
snip3r said:
check your booklet, it states something like 18months
that one more for water resistance/water pressure check...
don’t expect a brand new watch and an old watch to have the same level of water resistance…
normal hand washing can lah…try diving...later the watch…:o

the 5yrs serving is washing, oily and replacing of parts...like O-ring…
actually got a mech watch is like having a car...needed to go for serving…:o

khimwoon

Reaction score
i also got my oyster booklet laio... now full set... the service booklet i think its jus a piece of paper together with the warranty cert... that all...

now next target... sub date then dweller... i wan to get the FULL diver series from rolex!

but that will be quite far away laio unless hit 4D hahaha... if tonite 4D hit... i straight buy another sub date!

snip3r

Banned
Reaction score
khimwoon said:
i also got my oyster booklet laio... now full set... the service booklet i think its jus a piece of paper together with the warranty cert... that all...

now next target... sub date then dweller... i wan to get the FULL diver series from rolex!

but that will be quite far away laio unless hit 4D hahaha... if tonite 4D hit... i straight buy another sub date!
if strike 4d, get dweller lar...

snip3r

Banned
Reaction score
benqhoo said:
that one more for water resistance/water pressure check...
don’t expect a brand new watch and an old watch to have the same level of water resistance…
normal hand washing can lah…try diving...later the watch…:o

the 5yrs serving is washing, oily and replacing of parts...like O-ring…
actually got a mech watch is like having a car...needed to go for serving…:o
actually they wrote it can do 400m....
i think since it's made for 300, i believe washing hand is no prob lar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.