Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bro khimwoon & snip3r... got search for this in yr new sub?? kinda chio

Vintageure3.jpg

benqhoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MikeChan_ said:
See your preference mah... if like then buy within your budget. Life is very short, do save up for some emergencies and the rest to enjoy. Nobody know what is going to happen tomorrow.

Me thinking hard now... 1st hand or second-hand, sub with or without date....
any plan to sell it next time...???
if no then better go for a new one...

benqhoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MikeChan_ said:
Wa bro...u very the fast leh. Now aiming for "GOLD" one ah!

BTW, had an offer from a dealer. $3600 for a Sub w/o date 14060 model. (previous model without M one). Good buy?

Going down later to take a look.

Need your help here. What should I look out for?
14060 using the older caliber 3000...then might be be old dial with the Swiss-T depending how old the watch...

$3600...the Rolex pre-owned price really..:s22:

Last edited:

benqhoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MikeChan_ said:
Planning to use it daily, so if buy 2nd hand one scratch liao not so "xim tiah". Anyway, u think 3.6 for 14060 a good buy?
if can save 50% then i will go...
if buy from shop...shop sure got earn 1 hand(mark up for earn profit) mah...
maybe can guess how much they 'eat' the watch...

benqhoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MikeChan_ said:
I guess it must be the Old Dial with T<25 type cos 14060 is pre-1999 model. Any problem with that? Does it mean that the luminous part will easily turn yellow like omega watches after 7-8 years of use?

$3.6 opening price la, think i can get at 3.5 best. My personal opinion is a good buy since 2nd-hand sub w/o date is hovering at this price. Later see what's the condition 1st. If ok i buy liao bring to rolex ctr (duno where is it) to service...heehee
think caliber 3000 use until 2001 ba...so there might be transit model loh...mean old movement with new dial...not very sure about 10460 but i know Explorer got such thing as new movement with old dial when they upgrade the movement....
those old dial using Tritium...think Tritium got a lifespan of 20+yrs ba...

go check around new and pre-owned then base on your own judgment to buy loh...
try check what is the vale of that pre-owned if want sell next time so can know how much got to lose...

personally after i compare the pre-owned from shop and brand new...i rather go for new pic...
best still buy direct from ex-owner...can save the mark-up by shop...

think they charge $75 for authentication....
then serving need money again....
better add all these in...
might ended with saving of few hundreds for a 5~10yrs watch...

benqhoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MikeChan_ said:
Really can't find up to 50% discount unless you get it from owners, and owners difficult to find. I go down see lor..skali no papers then i dun wan liao. At least must have papers...
need the paper for what...??? you wear the watch no the paper wah...=:p
but got paper will be more expensive/value...funny hoh...

with paper or not...i still will bring to Rolex center to check...
if the watch got problem like got non-genuine Rolex parts inside then Rolex center reject for serving...got paper also no use...

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Preown u have to see the luminous part T<25 thing.... touch the edges see izzt sharp or not.. those bring for porlish one aready smooth and rounder... If get 3.5k plus $150- 200 to send to ROlex to service and also authenic + the trouble to bring it down and might not get the watch back soon. And the old movement + old luminous tip + the 1 year warranty diferent (u send service if i not wrong they give u 1 year warranty.. brand new is 2 years)and u dun know what the previous owner has done on the watch is worth the 1k different to a brand new watch then go ahead lor... I touch alot of 2nd hand one only a few u see the condition like old old but they nv polish can feel the edges... I also got quote lowest the red/black GMT jubilee Year 2001 with paper /box everything 4.5k i rather pay 5.3k get brand new one with NO HOLE LUG, the new LASER ETCH CORNET on the cystal, The brand new piece buying kind of feeling. And less the hassle of sending it back to serice center..

khimwoon

Reaction score
MikeChan_ said:
Haha Bro, U trading in your 2-mth old seamaster ah? Too bad not blue bezel or else I'll get it from you. Your's silver bezel right?

U wanna go down see together?
ya... mine is the full polish bezel and electric blue dial... me dont like the bond model... look very dull due to the color combi...

actually see got people interested or not first... cos its a nice watch... quite waste to sell then loss 500 buck in 2 month...

i'm already ordered a black grey nato bond strap for my sub and also a speedbird blue strap for my seamaster...

the seamaster look chio in that strap... hahaha...

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
khimwoon said:
ya... mine is the full polish bezel and electric blue dial... me dont like the bond model... look very dull due to the color combi...

actually see got people interested or not first... cos its a nice watch... quite waste to sell then loss 500 buck in 2 month...

i'm already ordered a black grey nato bond strap for my sub and also a speedbird blue strap for my seamaster...

the seamaster look chio in that strap... hahaha...

are u going to change the strip yrself?

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
get new one lar.. unless u want to sell.... GMT2 black/red and pepsi color jubilee 5.3K if with oyster 5.8k. All black brezek 6k++.. sub with date 6.8k best price... ;)

when u want to go and buy... if i free can meet u see see look look. :s7:

khimwoon

Reaction score
Nakedtoes said:
are u going to change the strip yrself?
ya... i got the tool at home... quite easy actually...but jus tape up the lug first before doing so to avoid scratching it...

now the sub me jus wear... cannot take it... scare here scratch there scratch... cannot enjoy the watch... me jus going to wear it for anything and i can jus send in for servicing and polishing before the 2 year warranty over...

XXXXXXXXXX

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cannot rest the hand on the table anymore when u sit down. or else the bracelet will be scratched. =:p

boobip

Reaction score
MikeChan_ said:
Bro, have you bought the GMT II from your friend already? Update leh...

I have been monitoring this thread for few days liao..really make me gian to get on sub or GMT II leh...

yo dude... have not bought it yet man... Apparently he's got an offer at $4.3k from a used dealer in London. I'm not exactly that close to him so I dun think I wanna try offering him lower. Heard that in London, a used GMT II all black is selling for around S$6.5k++ (after converting from pounds). Well, he says if I'm not OK with the price he'll be selling it during his next biz trip to London. Guess I'll be settling for a brand new GMT II or even a Sub. Anyway, I'd been thinking about it for a bit, and I feel that I'll prob get a brand new Rolex instead... more at ease I guess. U got yours already?

boobip

Reaction score
Oh BTW Mike, I passed by this shop in Funan called Passions ( http://www.passions.com.sg ) and they also have a GMT II all black selling at $4.6k (asking price). Think it's bought in 01, if I'm not wrong it comes with box and papers, in scratchless condition. Dunno if it's still available, but if it is, it's been lying around for around 3 weeks according to my friend who brought me there. Might be able to slash $150 off the price. the lady boss is pretty friendly and u can ask her ****loads of qns about this watch.

Today I also walked past a shop in lucky plaza and damn.... I tried the sea dweller... and I LOVED THE FEEL OF IT!!!! could be goodbye to a GMT II man... hahahahaha.... sluts like me deserve to be shot dead! Ok, now... who can lend me marnee? kekekeke....

evets

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i tried sub ytd too...nothing that special leh as compared to datejust half gold!!! woo...

btw is the retail price of brand new rolex the same at all ADs ??

Last edited:

khimwoon

Reaction score
hmm any watch wear on wrist is actually all the same... may it be a 100 dollar seiko or 10000 daytona...
there nothing specail... maybe the sub jus dont attach to u ba...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.