Pet food (Dog Owners PLEASE READ)

alpha0052000

Reaction score
BlueWaterr said:
anyone who feeds their doggie lots of fish? mine seems to like fish very much (though without bones of course)

mi .. my JRT likes to eat fish ... dun noe y. sometime even buy cat food for her :s13:

genocideX

Reaction score
Pet Food For My Dog

Hi, guys..
i have a english cocker spaniel. Changed his food from pedigree to science diet now..
Seen quite an improvement in his skin condition.. Been cooking 4 him, chicken breast with potatoes on certain days when i'm free.. Was wondering if there are better diets ard for my doggie... & any vets to recommend for my dog's ear prob... :s22:

Thanks

ashtray

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've just gotten a PekeTzu and she is 3 mths plus old.

Currently on Eukanuba Puppy (Small Breed) Diet. She was supposedly fed that while she was in the shop and I was told to give her 2 meals a day of it but strangely, she does not seem to like the food much or eat much of it. It's like the occassional 1 to 2 mouths and it's worrying.

Please kindly recommend a diet of dry and wet food.

I want to change her puppy food to solid gold, but the shop staff said she will get a diarrheoa if I do it now and should only do it when she is 10 mths old.

I thought I could mix the 2 brands slowly and introduce it to her... or am I wrong?

Appreciate the help! :)

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ashtray said:
Hi Guys,

I've just gotten a PekeTzu and she is 3 mths plus old.

Currently on Eukanuba Puppy (Small Breed) Diet. She was supposedly fed that while she was in the shop and I was told to give her 2 meals a day of it but strangely, she does not seem to like the food much or eat much of it. It's like the occassional 1 to 2 mouths and it's worrying.

Please kindly recommend a diet of dry and wet food.

I want to change her puppy food to solid gold, but the shop staff said she will get a diarrheoa if I do it now and should only do it when she is 10 mths old.

I thought I could mix the 2 brands slowly and introduce it to her... or am I wrong?

Appreciate the help! :)

Well, it may be she's not eating well due to the change in environment...

My ST had no such problem...she was gobbling her kibbles like there was no tomorrow...I suspect she got piggy blood in her...heheheh

Anyway, she's more "tao" now...doesn't want to eat her kibbles...only will eat if I mix it with her kor kor's cat food...swt

I am also in the process of changing her food...she doesn't like Eukanuba Small Breed now...probably will change it to ProPlan or something later...

And yes, you can slowly mix it with her old food to get her system used to the new food...

PlasmaGirl

Reaction score
My dog refused to eat! Help!!

I got this Scottish Terrier and I just dunno why it suddenly refused to eat! I usually feed it raw chicken skin and it simply loved them. All of a sudden, it stopped eating for 4 days already.

It just lie in a corner with saliva constantly dripping from its mouth. Is it sick?

I only feed my dog chicken skin and pork bones. Does it need some other vitamins as well? I am new to keeping pets and my mum said dogs love chicken skin and bones.

Think my dog is sick...

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
PlasmaGirl said:
I got this Scottish Terrier and I just dunno why it suddenly refused to eat! I usually feed it raw chicken skin and it simply loved them. All of a sudden, it stopped eating for 4 days already.

It just lie in a corner with saliva constantly dripping from its mouth. Is it sick?

I only feed my dog chicken skin and pork bones. Does it need some other vitamins as well? I am new to keeping pets and my mum said dogs love chicken skin and bones.

Think my dog is sick...

:s22: :s22:

No wonder your dog is sick...sigh

How can you keep feeding it raw chicken skin?

It's not even nutrious, not to mention, mostly just fat!! :s31:

They are like humans, and need a whole range of proteins, carbo etc

Plus, if you don't cook the meat, there's a very high chance of it getting an upset tummy :s16:

Please, bring it to a vet ASAP...

For starters, get a decent brand of dried dog food for your dog - make sure it's puppy if yours is a puppy...

jayjaydaman

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
PlasmaGirl said:

Think my dog is sick...

You know nuts about dogs and u still dare to keep one ?

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
jayjaydaman said:

You know nuts about dogs and u still dare to keep one ?

Erm, that's a bit harsh lah...

Tell me, who's born with knowledge of how to take care of dogs? :s13:

It's all a learning process...hopefully, the animal doesn't suffer too much as a result :s8:

ElectronicDog

Reaction score
When I have my dog 3 years back, they started eating kibbles, but ever since after skin rashes experience, we have been more attentive to his diet. We are now feeding raw meat(chicken,beef, mutton) in addtion to meshed vegetable and some supplements. We don't give pork in raw form.

Remember, when feeding chicken bone, PLEASE do not give COOKED chicken bone as the bone will hardened and is dangerous if it breaks.

Last edited:

jayjaydaman

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
carey said:
Erm, that's a bit harsh lah...

Tell me, who's born with knowledge of how to take care of dogs? :s13:

It's all a learning process...hopefully, the animal doesn't suffer too much as a result :s8:
My point is that that person has already bought the dog & now then he shows himself to know nuts about looking after a dog !? :s8:

Feeding a dog just skin & bones !? WTF !? :mad:

***Owners should definitely know their stuff & have done their homework before acquiring their pet.***

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
jayjaydaman said:
My point is that that person has already bought the dog & now then he shows himself to know nuts about looking after a dog !? :s8:

Feeding a dog just skin & bones !? WTF !? :mad:

***Owners should definitely know their stuff & have done their homework before acquiring their pet.***

Well, looking at her nick, I won't be surprised if that person is just a troll...

But then again, brainless people are a dime a dozen these days... :yawn:

NuErHoNg

Reaction score
sorry ermm...can i know how u guys think abt nayural balance?im thinking of feeding my dog with it...

grapefruitt

Reaction score
quicklime said:
yupz.
i'll recommend innova, california natural, or abady.
Tried the first 2 before..good...poo also not so stinky.
the new brand azmira supposedly very delicious..haben tried thou..

now im feeding kibbles+canned food for breakfast
and homecooked for dinner.
actually im a bit worried that homecooked isnt nutritious enough..been planning to borrow some books and read up more.
those who feeds homecooked..do u add any supplements?

boiled chicken. potato, carrot, boracli..
meat (pork) and potato is doctor recommended ;)

Orion_Ang

Reaction score
My pomeranian puppy is just 6 months old and she has been on Science Diet(dry food) and Caesar(wet). Recently, one of the shop assistant recommend a brand call Addiction. Does anyone have any comment on this brand? Feel like buying for my pom to try as it smells quite nice.

Last edited:

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
alpha0052000 said:
mi .. my JRT likes to eat fish ... dun noe y. sometime even buy cat food for her :s13:

My noti Shih Tzu also...

Always go and steal her kor kor's food (he's a cat!)...

So I ended up feeding both of them a mixture of iams/eukanuba kibbles mixed with a bit of wet cat food...

jada

Reaction score
No Salt, No Sugar, and definitely not too much Garlic!!
<br>
Homecooked food once in a while's ok, even good if it's food like beef with some tendon (just boil or grill, no salt, no spices, no condiments, just the meat and some carrots or potatoes).

<br>But dogs should be fed dog food because these are of balanced nutritional value. If your dog's fur is shedding, it's most likely due to sodium intake.

<br>I know my dogs love cheese, and I give them cheese every once in a while, but I make sure that the sodium/salt is at its minimum. Cheers!

http://www.photoi.org/share/my.php?f=450952801&image=pj.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/doggieyou

BigAssGun

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
my doggie luv to eat meat, all sorts of meat, he luv beef + chicken most, but then some dogs owners and shop pple told my mum notch to let doggie chicken as its not good for their skin my dogger also cannot eat beef, eat riao skin will be reddish, so now we sub his food to fish, he notch veri rike fish sometime refuse to eat, now we will add abit port on top of the bowl to lure him eat :s7: he also rike to eat dry food =:p gotch alot kinds of dry food for him to choose as snacks =:p

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.