View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 01:08 PM   #58
rECKleSSfElla
Supremacy Member

hi ultimatesq,

did a check with the pharmacy and was told Nizoral is just for dandruff control. And there are supposedly no "medicated" shampoo at all over the pharmist counter. She remarked that all those "shampoo" can be bought over the shelves...hmm..anyone hav a gd medicated shampoo to recommend?

actually i read up on the net that nizoral actually helps to control DHT(dihydrotestosterone) which is i quote "most potent naturally occurring androgen and is produced from free testosterone through the action of 5-alpha-reductace. 5-alpha-reductace concentrations are highest in the peripheral tissues (genital skin and hair follicles). Male and female pattern hair loss is thought to be due to the effects of DHT on genetically predisposed hair follicles. Binding of DHT to the hair follicle results in gradual miniaturization of the hair and eventual hair loss"

abit too chim for me.......hahahaha. So in some ways using nizoral wld help in controlling the lost of hair..but only use it once every alternate day.