Thinning Hair problem

Isopropyl

Banned
Reaction score
macguire said:
try biolyn... my colleague used it b4...and works for him... thou it take a few months b4 u can visibly see e effects...
hmmm.. most of the review i heard is that biolyn did nothing. which product from biolyn did he use?

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
macguire said:
try biolyn... my colleague used it b4...and works for him... thou it take a few months b4 u can visibly see e effects...

biolyn is more for preventive rather than treating balding dat is existing........but can try using their shampoo together wif mixo or propecia to enhance the effects..........

ericsoon72

Reaction score
Isopropyl said:
$40 is for 2% or 3% version? i saw the 5% version costly around $60.

i got presciption from my doctor and got minoxi5(80ml) for $37.80 which will last around 40days and proscar for $112.50. have been using propecia for more than 1years which cost $90 for 4weeks. now using proscar which will only cost around $28 for 4weeks.

hope to further reduce the price. if anyone got any good lobang, please let me know. hehe...

want to ask if the brand of the minoxidil 5% is Regaine. Cos i've bought a bottle from NTUC Unity at around $120 and it's only 60ml.

Also, can i know where to get the 5% version for $60?

quite confused here...heh....maybe some kind-hearted soul can list down the brand,names, price and where to buy etc etc for easier reference!

Isopropyl

Banned
Reaction score
ericsoon72 said:
want to ask if the brand of the minoxidil 5% is Regaine. Cos i've bought a bottle from NTUC Unity at around $120 and it's only 60ml.

Also, can i know where to get the 5% version for $60?

quite confused here...heh....maybe some kind-hearted soul can list down the brand,names, price and where to buy etc etc for easier reference!

the brand name is all over this thread. haha.....

anyway, to make things easy. in singapore, there are 3brands that you can find easily. they are:
1)Rogaine (2% and 5%)
the original brand of minoxidil. price is high and i see no reason getting it.

2)Glower (2%, 3% and 5%)
generic minoxidil. 5% version cost $60.

3)Minoxi5 (in singapore i guess you only can find the 5% version)
cheapest brand i can find. Cost $57.75 without prescription. further more it come in 80ml which should provide you with extra 10days usage compare with other brand.

all pharmacy carry both rogaine and glower. some of gruadian carry Minoxi5.

Cold_Zero

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
does any one know of any Saw palmetto supplement that can be brought over the counter?

Isopropyl

Banned
Reaction score
Cold_Zero said:
does any one know of any Saw palmetto supplement that can be brought over the counter?
you can get it from most pharmacy, GNC etc.

but saw palmetto does not seen to help. also, there are some indication that it might make hair loss worse. save your money if you intend to use it for hair loss. it just don't work. unless you are thinking of applying it tropically. it might be useful this way.

Isopropyl

Banned
Reaction score
rECKleSSfElla said:
biolyn is more for preventive rather than treating balding dat is existing........but can try using their shampoo together wif mixo or propecia to enhance the effects..........
which product from biolyn do you suggest? seriously, except scalp benefit III, the rest of the product i am quite unwilling to try as the price is quite high for unproven product.
http://www.biolyn.com.sg/products/follicles-portfolio.html

firstly, there are no mention of what is the active components except the so call "Biotransformed peptides & saccharides" which leave you wonder what the hell is it.
secondly, there are no proper research paper on how the component work and how effective is it.
thirdly, there is no proper trial except one "July-October 2004 ACNielson trial". 3months trial? no details of the trial? it make you doubt the result of the trial.
also a number of other reasons like users review, who the hell is Doc Lee, funny information at the website and reply from management, lack of attention from other third party news etc etc.

all this make it seen like a typical snake oil seller.

Last edited:

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Isopropyl said:
the brand name is all over this thread. haha.....

anyway, to make things easy. in singapore, there are 3brands that you can find easily. they are:
1)Rogaine (2% and 5%)
the original brand of minoxidil. price is high and i see no reason getting it.

2)Glower (2%, 3% and 5%)
generic minoxidil. 5% version cost $60.

3)Minoxi5 (in singapore i guess you only can find the 5% version)
cheapest brand i can find. Cost $57.75 without prescription. further more it come in 80ml which should provide you with extra 10days usage compare with other brand.

all pharmacy carry both rogaine and glower. some of gruadian carry Minoxi5.

just to add in some things......

for 2) the brand name is growell n exact pricing is $58.80 for the 5% 60ml(1mth)
for 1) the brand name is regaine n few mths ago i checked the price for a offer twin pack it cost ard $140 n a single pack wld cost ard $90-100(cant rem exact price)

the huge diff in price btw growell n regaine is becuz growell is locally produced while regaine is imported from great britain......

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Isopropyl said:
which product from biolyn do you suggest? seriously, except scalp benefit III, the rest of the product i am quite unwilling to try as the price is quite high for unproven product.
http://www.biolyn.com.sg/products/follicles-portfolio.html

firstly, there are no mention of what is the active components except the so call "Biotransformed peptides & saccharides" which leave you wonder what the hell is it.
secondly, there are no proper research paper on how the component work and how effective is it.
thirdly, there is no proper trial except one "July-October 2004 ACNielson trial". 3months trial? no details of the trial? it make you doubt the result of the trial.
also a number of other reasons like users review, who the hell is Doc Lee, funny information at the website and reply from management, lack of attention from other third party news etc etc.

all this make it seen like a typical snake oil seller.

i never tried any biolyn products b4........was tempted to initially but come to think of it, any products that uses pop stars( in this case nicholas tse) for endorsement cldnt possibly be any good........n as u said their prices are real costly.

zoolu

Reaction score
what happens if you stop applying minoxidil ?
will your hair start to drop again?

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
zoolu said:
why like that?
is there no permanent fix for it?

basically for both propecia n minoxidil, if u stop treatment watever hair u gained will start to fall gradually........its not a sudden thing.....cld take mths for the hair to fall......not fix for it....the only pernament solution is prolly hair weaving or transplant.......

Isopropyl

Banned
Reaction score
zoolu said:
why like that?
sadly no. there is no cure for baldness at the moment. so any treatment you apply will lose it effect if you stop doing it.
or you can try hair transplant. even with hair transplant, most people still need to use propecia and minoxidil to protect those hair that they got.

the closer cure reported is RU58841 or it newer version. it is a tropical drug like minoxidil. somehow, the company that produce it stop short of testing and marketing it. no one really know why. some people who is rich enough to ask chemist to produce it reported really good result.

another drug that might work really well is avodart. it like propecia but only better. propecia reduce 38% DHT on scalp. Avodart at 0.5mg reduce DHT on scalp around 50% and at 2.5mg dose, it reduce around 90% DHT on scalp. that should stop most hair loss. but due to some unknow reason, the company stopped testing the drug after phase II.

there are a number of good treatment out there. but most likely it won't be out anytime soon. even if it does, it might be out of reach for most people due to cost.

ultimatesg

Reaction score
Isopropyl said:
you can get it from most pharmacy, GNC etc.

but saw palmetto does not seen to help. also, there are some indication that it might make hair loss worse. save your money if you intend to use it for hair loss. it just don't work. unless you are thinking of applying it tropically. it might be useful this way.

That is if the herbal extract comes with an agent that can help it penetrate the skin. Otherwise it make just give the scalp a funny smell maybe.

ultimatesg

Reaction score
zoolu said:
why like that?

Got just joking, if someone shut out all the testo production in his body. It happened in the palace of China last time. These "guys" always have a full head of hair till they died.

ultimatesg

Reaction score
Isopropyl said:
sadly no. there is no cure for baldness at the moment. so any treatment you apply will lose it effect if you stop doing it.
or you can try hair transplant. even with hair transplant, most people still need to use propecia and minoxidil to protect those hair that they got.

the closer cure reported is RU58841 or it newer version. it is a tropical drug like minoxidil. somehow, the company that produce it stop short of testing and marketing it. no one really know why. some people who is rich enough to ask chemist to produce it reported really good result.

another drug that might work really well is avodart. it like propecia but only better. propecia reduce 38% DHT on scalp. Avodart at 0.5mg reduce DHT on scalp around 50% and at 2.5mg dose, it reduce around 90% DHT on scalp. that should stop most hair loss. but due to some unknow reason, the company stopped testing the drug after phase II.

there are a number of good treatment out there. but most likely it won't be out anytime soon. even if it does, it might be out of reach for most people due to cost.

RU58841 is an abortion pill?

If something is too strong in wiping out DHT, it will result in very bad case of impotency.

Botak_gan

Reaction score
Anyone enjoyed success while using biolyn defense shampoo together with minoxidil5% + propecia?? Will biolyn shampoo interfere with the function of minoxidil + propecia ???

What are the improvement we can see intially after using minoxidi??? I have used minoxidil 5% for ard 1 mth and apart from the hairs get slightly thicker, the amount of hair loss is same as before....Think have to be more patient will the results har.....??? I need to gain more confident 1st before i am willingly to commit to a life long treatment with them....( Cos very expensive...abt $150/mth)

Current regime:

Propecia 1 mg/day
Minoxidil 5 % 1ml x 2times/day
Nizoral 2% 3time/week ( This shampoo seem to cause me to loss more hair lo....:(......)
Pregaine gel shampoo 4 times/week

Isopropyl

Banned
Reaction score
here is a small study that saw palmetto might work tropically. it is a small study and not much value but at least it indicate that saw palmetto might help.
http://www.truestarhealth.com/members/archives.asp?id=14ml3p1a7

RU58841 is not a abortion pill. it a french company drug that is not out to the market yet so there is no way anyone can get it except making some on their own. it is only being use tropically so it might not cause impotency. no one know for sure. maybe that one reason why it not on sales. haha... but hope not.

Isopropyl

Banned
Reaction score
Botak_gan said:
Anyone enjoyed success while using biolyn defense shampoo together with minoxidil5% + propecia?? Will biolyn shampoo interfere with the function of minoxidil + propecia ???

What are the improvement we can see intially after using minoxidi??? I have used minoxidil 5% for ard 1 mth and apart from the hairs get slightly thicker, the amount of hair loss is same as before....Think have to be more patient will the results har.....??? I need to gain more confident 1st before i am willingly to commit to a life long treatment with them....( Cos very expensive...abt $150/mth)

Current regime:

Propecia 1 mg/day
Minoxidil 5 % 1ml x 2times/day
Nizoral 2% 3time/week ( This shampoo seem to cause me to loss more hair lo....:(......)
Pregaine gel shampoo 4 times/week
seriously you should drop the idea of biolyn. most likely it do nothing and no one know whether will it affect the result of minoxidil which i don't think so. stick with minoxidil and propecia is your best bet. if you want to try other stuffs other than proven treatment, i know some "homemake" stuffs that you can make with at least some indication that it will work. some are cheap and easy to make so it worth trying. let me know if you are interested.

different people experience different improvement from minoxidil. 1months is too soon to tell anything and i sorry to tell you that your "thicker hair" after one month is not really possible. yes, you need a lot of patient. try for at least 6months to 1year before you decide whether minoxidil is for you. if it loss down your hair loss, it is working. if you are lucky, you might even regrow some hair. don't give up yet. your regime is looking fine. give it some time to work.

$150 per month is for minoxidil alone? or adding the cost of propecia? try looking at my previous post on how you can cut cost.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.