Earphone Review: Battle of sub $80 in-ears earphones plus others!

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
RePlaY said:
It's hard for a singaporean to get custom IEMs.. cos still need to get ear impressions done and sent over..
One Head-Fi member had the chance to compare the E500 and UE10..
Read here => http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=158419

ISn't it the same for other ppl as well? Even for Amercians, they have to get ear impressions done and send over, unless they stay near UE/Westone/Sensa's HQ. =:p

Oh ya, the pics looks very nice. I like the curvey design but the cord looks thinner. But dunno if can believe that thread or not. Maybe they are excited over it. Looks like Westone and UE got a fight on their hands.

Anyway, its MSRP is US$499, maybe shure got discount. 30% off? :o If the PTH is smaller, it will be a winner. Maybe in future, there will be a PTT and PTH device.

RePlaY

Reaction score
afbug1 said:
ISn't it the same for other ppl as well? Even for Amercians, they have to get ear impressions done and send over, unless they stay near UE/Westone/Sensa's HQ. =:p

Oh ya, the pics looks very nice. I like the curvey design but the cord looks thinner. But dunno if can believe that thread or not. Maybe they are excited over it. Looks like Westone and UE got a fight on their hands.

Anyway, its MSRP is US$499, maybe shure got discount. 30% off? :o If the PTH is smaller, it will be a winner. Maybe in future, there will be a PTT and PTH device.

International shipping more ex .. and not to mention the conversion rate..
Then u wanna send back to get a better fit.. extra shipping costs!!
Anyway better not OT from thread..
:) :)

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
afbug1 said:
MSRP US$499 leh. :s31: I might as well pump hundred plus more and get a ES2. :o And that option thingy is big and bulky and is an optional accessory.

anddie: Does this thread look like a for sale forum? :s27:

Wah!! That's around S$800! But still not as expensive as the UE-10Pro at US$900

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have been using the Cresyn for almost a month liaoz. So far not much of a complain except that its a neck-style and the cables are abit stiff...

So, like to seek advice on which other models are there available that their cables are like the earphones of iPod Shuffle wan? U know those soft types which wont form shapes even after curling up.

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
kazuki666 said:
Have been using the Cresyn for almost a month liaoz. So far not much of a complain except that its a neck-style and the cables are abit stiff...

So, like to seek advice on which other models are there available that their cables are like the earphones of iPod Shuffle wan? U know those soft types which wont form shapes even after curling up.

ATH-CK7. ;)

jmilo

Reaction score
first time saw this thread...and afbug1, excellent reviews too... cheers!

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
jmilo said:
first time saw this thread...and afbug1, excellent reviews too... cheers!

Thanks. It had been up for more than a month. :s13:

kazuki666 said:
lao ban....
That one is $100++ sia... Abit hard to convince my pocket....:p

No other not bad earphones of the same material?

You want good stuff, must pay more la. Besides, i dun really know if it will suit your requirements but it certainly comes close thou. Or you can try the black ER6i. Looks better than a white one. I find that all earphones' cable will form shapes after curling up, even those ipod's earbuds.

oracle00 said:
where can buy in singapore? :)

Bluetin.com or try shops after CNY.

Last edited:

oracle00

Reaction score
afbug1 said:
Bluetin.com or try shops after CNY.

thanks for the info... think i will wait till it hit the shops and see price...

bluetin now selling at:
Audio Technica ATH-CM7 silver 159
Audio Technica ATH-CM7ti 197

whereas from ur first post i see that MSRP is at 160 while u bought it at 144..

btw what's the diff between the silver and the titanium version ah? any ideas? thanks! :D

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
oracle00 said:
thanks for the info... think i will wait till it hit the shops and see price...

bluetin now selling at:
Audio Technica ATH-CM7 silver 159
Audio Technica ATH-CM7ti 197

whereas from ur first post i see that MSRP is at 160 while u bought it at 144..

btw what's the diff between the silver and the titanium version ah? any ideas? thanks! :D

Bro, its CK7 and not CM7. I got my pre-ordered at $144, so cheaper. Now i think they're selling it for $166.

oracle00

Reaction score
afbug1 said:
Bro, its CK7 and not CM7. I got my pre-ordered at $144, so cheaper. Now i think they're selling it for $166.

oh... oopss.. sorry... i blur... thanks for pointing it out :D

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
afbug1 said:
You want good stuff, must pay more la. Besides, i dun really know if it will suit your requirements but it certainly comes close thou. Or you can try the black ER6i. Looks better than a white one. I find that all earphones' cable will form shapes after curling up, even those ipod's earbuds.
Actually my concern is to find something of that material. Cresyn manages to satisfy 80% of my requirement for the sound quality. I guess the remaining 20% lost is coz of my mp3 player bah. So i am very happy with the results already. But if only the cables' materials can be slightly less stiff, it will be more points added lor...

Boss... ER6i is no less expensive than CK7 sia... :sweat:

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
kazuki666 said:
Actually my concern is to find something of that material. Cresyn manages to satisfy 80% of my requirement for the sound quality. I guess the remaining 20% lost is coz of my mp3 player bah. So i am very happy with the results already. But if only the cables' materials can be slightly less stiff, it will be more points added lor...

Boss... ER6i is no less expensive than CK7 sia... :sweat:

How about EP630? But it will not be as clear as Cresyn thou because of its strong bass. Y cord and soft cord.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
afbug1 said:
How about EP630? But it will not be as clear as Cresyn thou because of its strong bass. Y cord and soft cord.
Thanks, bro.
I think i will keep a lookout for lobangs for this Creative piece. Must be like u all lor, try more then maybe can find the most ideal pair for myself. :s7:

radish

Emeritus Honorary Member
Reaction score
i actually have ep630 thks to my bro and 630sn
mlgw9g.jpg

i prefer 630 simply bec more bass

but i would say clarity and definition - sorry i'm not a audiophile dunno wat terms u all use,
Cresyn wins

built wise creative cable seems to be quite inferior hav a feeling it will literally rot,
630 cable is convertable from neckchain to y chord hence win hands down!

earbud wise, creative seems to isolate better and much more comfortably
btw their sizes r similar so i used the creative buds on cresyn.. must say its much more comfortable

Last edited:

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
[highlight]HAPPY CNY GUYS! MAY THE YEAR OF THE DOG BRING FORTUNE AND LUCK! HENG HENG TIO TOTO AND BUY E500![/highlight]

Preview

Zephyron

Reaction score
Happy CNY peeps!

PS: The Audio Technica ATH-CK7ti is coming to Stereo Electronics (Causeway Point) after CNY along with Audio Technica's ATH-AW5000 (If I remember right).
The ATH-AW5000 headphones should be going for SG$1500.00 :gasp:

Happy7

Reaction score
ice888 said:
anywhere selling cresyn besides SLS?

Hi, there was one post previously to your question.

cavemanng said:
To purchase Cresyn earphones online, you can go to the following link: -

http://page.auctions.yahoo.com/sg/a...28?aucview=0x30

http://page.auctions.yahoo.com/sg/auction/94982885

To purchase from shops:

At sim lim square (Michael Multimedia, Apple @ Sim Lim - XIT system, Agenuine, Farlen - Inbox)

At funan IT mall (Apple @ funan, Farlen - Inbox)

At Bukit Timah (Apple @ Bukit Timah - Comit Communication)

Some information about the different Cresyn Earphones: -

1) E630DL - Black earphone with 1.2m black cord length (Unbalance cord design)

2) E630RL - Red earphone with 1.2m black cord length (Unbalance cord design)

3) E630DS - Black earphone with 0.5m black cord length for usage with remote control (Not available in Singsapore unless pre-order)

4) E630RS - Red earphone with 0.5m black cord length for usage with remote control (Not available in Singsapore unless pre-order)

5) E630SN - Silver earphones with 0.8m white cord length (Necklace design which can be interchange to Y cord)

Sound quality for the above 5 types of Cresyn earphones are the same.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.