Which Graphics card to buy in Y2024

Humster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SIL3nc3R said:
.........I heard ATI graphic cards are not as good as Nvidia for gaming,any comments and suggestions are most welcomed,thank you ...

(-_-lll

Dude its like AMD VS Intel

Na..... I guess I should use simplier terms..

Speed: Nividia

Graphics: ATI

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Humster said:
(-_-lll

Pls.... Its like taking 9700pro VS Geforce Dustbuster

Can;t use a successful product VS a failed product.

X800 series = fail product.

X800 series fail product??????

U must be joking.

A X800XTPE is more than enough to trash a 6800U, not to mention X850XTPE.

Humster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ragnarok95 said:
X800 series fail product??????

U must be joking.

A X800XTPE is more than enough to trash a 6800U, not to mention X850XTPE.

Yes, sure they can. But remember, SM3.0 and HDR and price.

I bet you know what average Tom, Dick and Harry will think. When they compare a X800 series with a 6000s series :s8:

If your competition can cook up with something newer then you, cheaper then you, your product is as good as failed.

*cough*Intel*cough*AMD*cough*

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Humster said:

I bet you know what average Tom, Dick and Harry will think. When they compare a X800 series with a 6000s series :s8:

If your competition can cook up with something newer then you, cheaper then you, your product is as good as failed.

Price wise is still ok.

But have to agree on this:
I bet you know what average Tom, Dick and Harry will think. When they compare a X800 series with a 6000s series
:D noobs who just blindly follow reports without playing one themselves.

I didnt know this is how you define fail, consider the amount of X800 sold. Then, there are so so so many products that fail, u see the rig on my right, all fail ;)

ISS

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Humster said:

I wouldn't label a product 'failed' just because it doesn't have SM 3.0 (the most notable feature of 3.0 is perhaps HDR). Despite Nvidia's effort to use SM 3.0 is a marketing advantage, HDR didnt receive widespread support till recently. Even till today, not every title has HDR too.

If I remember correctly, the only game that has HDR during those days is Far Cry. HL2 don't have it till they release the Lost Coast demo and I also don't recall Doom3 having it. For today, not having HDR support will be considered a big minus but thats not the case during 6800/X800 days.

In fact, X800 is considered one of the best value for $$$ cards today. The PC X800GTO16 cost just $319 and the Sapphire X800GTO2 cost $349.

Btw, if you look at lost coast, a X800 can do lighting effects thats almost as good as a SM 3.0 card.

Just to add: The reason why I am sticking with an ATI card today is because of image quality esp. AAF. I have no idea why Nvidia still can't get their AAF done right today (they did during the 5x00 days though).

Last edited:

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
ISS said:
I wouldn't label a product 'failed' just because it doesn't have SM 3.0 (the most notable feature of 3.0 is perhaps HDR). Despite Nvidia's effort to use SM 3.0 is a marketing advantage, HDR didnt receive widespread support till recently. Even till today, not every title has HDR too.

If I remember correctly, the only game that has HDR during those days is Far Cry. HL2 don't have it till they release the Lost Coast demo and I also don't recall Doom3 having it. For today, not having HDR support will be considered a big minus but thats not the case during 6800/X800 days.

In fact, X800 is considered one of the best value for $$$ cards today. The PC X800GTO16 cost just $319 and the Sapphire X800GTO2 cost $349.

Btw, if you look at lost coast, a X800 can do lighting effects thats almost as good as a SM 3.0 card.

Serious Sam 2 have HDR support thats why leadtek include them inside their package :)

Humster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ISS said:
........... if you look at lost coast, a X800 can do lighting effects thats almost as good as a SM 3.0 card.

How many people actually go and DIY info themselves? (-_-lll

X800 maybe the best stuff in decades, but 1 thing will always remind true....

Average Joe, OWNS the market.

If you failed to get the attention of an average Joe, you FAILED.

ISS

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ragnarok95 said:
Serious Sam 2 have HDR support thats why leadtek include them inside their package :)
Oh, Serious Sam. Have yet to play that game but did read abt it. The HDR effects for the game looks pretty cool though.

ISS

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Humster said:

Many pple out there don't even know whats AAF and FSAA, let alone HDR and SM 3.0.........

Btw, just to point out that avg pple don't even go for such high end gfx cards. 6600GT is considered a high end card liao. Also, if you check out how many are actually using integrated graphics, you will be surprised by the no.

Last edited:

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Humster said:

The X800 did well in the mid-range market :)

If like this, Nvidia also fail liao...ahahhahahahah

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
ISS said:
Oh, Serious Sam. Have yet to play that game but did read abt it. The HDR effects for the game looks pretty cool though.

Yap, guru3d have been using this game to benchmark since it has HDR :)

Humster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ISS said:
Many pple out there don't even know whats AAF and FSAA, let alone HDR and SM 3.0.........

There you have it. your answer.

Average Joe picks up 2 boxes

*ATI*
Core speed: *Usual marketing numbers BS*
Ram:*Usual marketing numbers BS*
SM supported:2.0
VertexShaders:*Usual marketing numbers BS*
Pipes:*Usual marketing numbers BS*

*Nvidia*
Core speed: *Usual marketing numbers BS*
Ram:*Usual marketing numbers BS*
SM supported:3.0
VertexShaders:*Usual marketing numbers BS*
Pipes:*Usual marketing numbers BS*

OMGLOLWTFOMG!!! Nvidia must the the Tec!!!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.