Showcase your home theater setup thread

MaTriX07

Reaction score
DSC_0196.jpg

living.jpg

Not mine... borrowed these pics from another forum :)

equiox1

Reaction score
NICE..!!!! I WONDER HOW MUCH YOU NEED FOR THE SIMPLE PROJECTOR SETUp??

weap0nx

Master Member
Reaction score
hey guys, thinking of getting a projector setup as well for my new home.
Just wondering if the environment has to be very dark to watch TV? Guess watching movies in the dark should be very enjoyable but for everyday TV, should projectors still be implemented?

nuttsnorway

Reaction score
Hi there

I am curently building my Cinema, for those who would like a little preview of it, please visit the link.
I hope it is ok to link to my cinema, if it is not, please delete the link, and i will post only the pictures when i get home from work.

Nutt's Cinema

PTjak

Reaction score
Hi all...I've upgraded my system :s7:

Speakers: Martin Login Vantage (mains), Cinema i (center), Mosaic (rears), Depth (sub)

HT source: Denon 3910 DVD player
Stereo source: Ayre C-5xe universal player (CD, SACD, DVD-A)

Both sources are driven by my new Pathos Cinema-X 5.1 channel integrated amp. The Pathos has a tubed preamp stage coupled with a MOSFET solid-state power amp stage. It delivers 110W per 5.1 channel and best of all, it can bridge in 2 channel mode to 450W at 8 ohms! Best of both the HT and 2 channel worlds :)

I auditioned many 2 channel integrated amps to complement my Denon AVR 3806, but the Pathos beat everything by a wide margin in terms of sound quality, especially coupled with the Martin Logans.

Here are some pix....let me know if you have any questions on the set-up.

HT4.jpg

HT5.jpg

Last edited:

PTjak

Reaction score
Here's a closer look at both the Pathos Cinema-X and the Ayre C-5xe:

HT6.jpg

TsQ

Master Member
Reaction score
wow.. those speakers are something i want one day..

what's ur projector?

PTjak

Reaction score
TsQ said:
wow.. those speakers are something i want one day..
Highly recommended!

TsQ said:
what's ur projector?
It's an LCD projector, a Panasonic AE900U. I'm impressed with the clarity and contrast with the unit given it's not considered as high-end.

TsQ

Master Member
Reaction score
PTjak:

u hv a high end speaker but not a so high end projector, i guess u are more into audio??

for me i am more of a nuts on visual.. so i invester heavier on the projector and less on audio.. currently using a sharp XV-Z10000 with firehawk (i think u using the same?) , while the audio is quite standard, a Yamaha 2500 with JBL northridge series.. so most of the budget went to the projector..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.