Thread all abt ROLEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ray_stinger said:
guys...im thinking of getting a black sub w/date ...where do u think i can get the best price for it?

brand new?? First u can try the few AD at orchard lucky plaza, u can try the AD at pensular.. not Hourglass ofcos..

Then i sugesst u to go to chinatown.. there is a AD at chinatown complex the shop just beside excalator.. that shop gives me quite good price... U can go above few AD to compare.. By the way what is the name of the AD at wisma?? Me and another 2 forumer got it from a sales rep working there.. he match and lower the price :D I remember someone got the sub w/o dat for $4.7K only :D

boobip

Reaction score
AD at Wisma is Dickson. Can look for Oliver. If u're heading to centerpoint, look for Jacky,. price should be 7.2k without discount. If discount is your concern, should get Sea Dweller, demand is facing a slight drop for it and u should be able to get between 3-5% discount for it. Alternatively, get a 3-4 year old Subdate. Will save u 2k+ thereabouts.

Ray_stinger

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im still not sure whether to get a brand new one of save a few k by getting a second hand one....but most importantly the condition must be good. will check out the few shops you guys mentioned this wkend, but jus wondering why not hourglass? anyway...do you guys think the sales rep will ignore me because im jus 21yrs old this year >.<

AhHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ray_stinger said:
im still not sure whether to get a brand new one of save a few k by getting a second hand one....but most importantly the condition must be good. will check out the few shops you guys mentioned this wkend, but jus wondering why not hourglass? anyway...do you guys think the sales rep will ignore me because im jus 21yrs old this year >.<
if you dress appropriately....i guess he/she won't ignore you...

if you dress shabbily , i think they will. After all , sales rep are like this.... :s13:

throw the cash on their face.

benqhoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
think now black sub w/date Retails at S$7444 :s22:
saw Dickson got 1 shop at Suntec...

boobip

Reaction score
Ray_stinger said:

If u're sincere and let them have the feel that u really have the cash at hand to buy a sub, they'll entertain u no matter what. The safest is to look for Oliver at Wisma cos the HWZ forummers bought from him. He's a good guy.

Last edited:

KohChris

Banned
Reaction score
For me , i want to use tag heuer as everyday watch , special breitling leather as special events watch . the rest i'll save....

imagine the lost opportunity cost over 5k of rolex.

ck0112

Reaction score
benqhoo said:
think now black sub w/date Retails at S$7444 :s22:
saw Dickson got 1 shop at Suntec...

wa..so ex liao ah now..i got mine 3 years back at THH lucky plaza at 5.7k nia..

FrOzE

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Something to ask all the Rolex expert here...
What does the "A" or "G" or "?" on the Subdate means?

How much will a Subdate cost now? New n 2nd hand.
What's COSC certification? Is it important?

Sorry i just started learning abt watches...
therefore need some guide..

boobip

Reaction score
The letter in front of the serial number represents the year of manufacture series . 'D' is the latest series.

COSC is not exactly impt imho, most watches can be regulated to fall within the COSC specification easily nowadays.

benqhoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
KohChris said:
get Breitling , it's not bad. Durable Design and Really professional for 21 years old.
Breitling stopped making in-house movements since early 1950s. it has used 3rd party movements...if dont mind can buy loh...also the re-sell value got diff...

KohChris said:
For me , i want to use tag heuer as everyday watch , special breitling leather as special events watch . the rest i'll save....
imagine the lost opportunity cost over 5k of rolex.
what really 5k can do in sg nowadays...???
see some people keep changing handphones...1yr also spend quite alot liao...the $$ also can go into smoking, clubbing, buying 4D...ect..
there plenty ways how a person see and justify his spending and for a 'normal working adult' in sg..there are plenty of 5ks in his whole life...:o

Last edited:

smd_watari

Reaction score
Rolex s/s sub black dial 16613

hi bro,i'm newbie here...can anybody care to share with me
actually i wanna buy this watch but i don't know the market
price for preowned watches.Can recommend me any shop.

KohChris

Banned
Reaction score
benqhoo said:
Breitling stopped making in-house movements since early 1950s. it has used 3rd party movements...if dont mind can buy loh...also the re-sell value got diff...

what really 5k can do in sg nowadays...???
see some people keep changing handphones...1yr also spend quite alot liao...the $$ also can go into smoking, clubbing, buying 4D...ect..
there plenty ways how a person see and justify his spending and for a 'normal working adult' in sg..there are plenty of 5ks in his whole life...:o

All kind of watches sell also will have dep unless it's PP vintage right? :) or limited edition?
Furthermore , there's more then 1m watches made by rolex and alot of swiss watch companies like omega , oris not using their own house movement all outsource to ETA/Valjoux laio ma...

man4422

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
smd_watari said:
hi bro,i'm newbie here...can anybody care to share with me
actually i wanna buy this watch but i don't know the market
price for preowned watches.Can recommend me any shop.
Try Roy Eastern Watch Pte Ltd.
or Deluxe Eastern Watch Pte Ltd in Orchard Road...

benqhoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
KohChris said:
All kind of watches sell also will have dep unless it's PP vintage right? :) or limited edition?
Furthermore , there's more then 1m watches made by rolex and alot of swiss watch companies like omega , oris not using their own house movement all outsource to ETA/Valjoux laio ma...
ya...but Rolex can hold the value higher as compare to most of the rest...

the ability of having own in-house movement shown the capability of the brand and also the effort/$$$ they willing to put in their own R&D...
for my 5k...i better go for something that using own in-house rather than those using the common movement(especially we see the price diff of those common movement cost and the watch price tag)...

ya..Rolex is mass-product...making 1m watches per year is one thing..but able to sell all of them is another...

Last edited:

Ray_stinger

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ths for all the inputs...i've saw some real cool breitling on display in hour glass but did not ask the sales rep for the pricing. how much does the chrono avenger cost? i think my wallet will happier if I get a pre-owned rolex instead of a brand new one. however, im also concerned abt the suitability of wearing a rolex for someone my age. What other brands do you think will be more suitable for someone in their early 20s? I have a budget of around under 5k to work with at the moment. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.