Earphone Review: Battle of sub $80 in-ears earphones plus others!

Zephyron

Reaction score
It maybe the eartips or... You're one helluva major basshead or... You got the EQ settings down wrong.

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nVidia said:
sians...i just got my Cresyn E630, well, not as good as i expected them to be...the bass is nonexistent!

can any1 help me? its either the H10 or the earphones liao...aiyo

i tried the UM1 and the CK7...i think CK7 has more bass than the UM1 (still not enuff), UM1 absolutely sounds bassless on my H10

sheesh...is it bcos of hte eartips? can any1 help?
i hv ans ur question on the h10 thread... anyway, my impression of um1 is same as u... but it difinately nt h10...

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
nVidia said:
sians...i just got my Cresyn E630, well, not as good as i expected them to be...the bass is nonexistent!

can any1 help me? its either the H10 or the earphones liao...aiyo

i tried the UM1 and the CK7...i think CK7 has more bass than the UM1 (still not enuff), UM1 absolutely sounds bassless on my H10

sheesh...is it bcos of hte eartips? can any1 help?

It is because of the ear tips. They affect the seal and how much bass is generated.

UM1 got much more bass than CK7 and E630 has about the same amount of bass as CK7. Among the in-ear earphones here i reviewed, CK7, E630 and ER6i have the lowest bass. Its the minimium i can acccept.

When testing a UM1, use a foam tip as they are easier to get a seal. Yellow foams and short complys produce little bass while the standard complys produce more. If such earphones are your 1st time, it is not easy cos normally, people need a few days to learn how to get the best fit and seal.

Max111

Reaction score
afbug1 said:
Noise cancelling more ex. For UM1, see the thread below. Offer expiring end of this month.

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=4607

bought e630 in the end and glad i did. like wat afbug mentioned b4, it may not be e best out there but for e price, think its def worth it. :)

anyway for those who r interested n dun hav time to read thru e whole thread, i bought mine at $45 fr a shop on 2nd flr sls but think u can get 1 for $39.90 at Spore Poly or $42 at causeway pt. so go check it out if u are keen to get 1 n want to save some $. :)

nVidia

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yups, my first time using IEMs...

i went stereo last nite and the nice guys over there let me try out CK7 and UM1...

the CK7 is good (still not enuff bass for me but i assume its the seal part)

the UM1 totally no bass at all...but i think afbug is rite, it should b the seal/eartips

now i got the cresyn 630 and need to improve the bass...theory's moddin too pro for me!

what can i get on mkt that can improve the bass?

afbug1 said:
It is because of the ear tips. They affect the seal and how much bass is generated.

UM1 got much more bass than CK7 and E630 has about the same amount of bass as CK7. Among the in-ear earphones here i reviewed, CK7, E630 and ER6i have the lowest bass. Its the minimium i can acccept.

When testing a UM1, use a foam tip as they are easier to get a seal. Yellow foams and short complys produce little bass while the standard complys produce more. If such earphones are your 1st time, it is not easy cos normally, people need a few days to learn how to get the best fit and seal.

nVidia

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think its the eartips ba...the EQ should not b wrong..

the H10 is 1 helluva picky chooser of earphones

Zephyron said:
It maybe the eartips or... You're one helluva major basshead or... You got the EQ settings down wrong.

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
nVidia said:
i think its the eartips ba...the EQ should not b wrong..

the H10 is 1 helluva picky chooser of earphones

I dun think its got to do with the player. CK7 and E630 dun have much bass to begin with. :) There is a limit to E630's bass. Try a Shure E2 soft flex or foam tip. Also, remember to set your EQ correctly. Left hand most is the bass frequency.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showpost.php?p=18045174&postcount=380

Next time, spend 15-30 mins try and learning how to get a seal with a Westone/Ety/Shure. Try foams, easier to seal. No seal or bad tip, even a UM2 will have no bass.

nVidia

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks bug

ur advise has been a great help..i will go try next week

problem is where can i buy the soft flex or foam tips and how much are they? i believe the foam tips should enhance the bass alot...

hopefully tey dun muffle the music too much

afbug1 said:
I dun think its got to do with the player. CK7 and E630 dun have much bass to begin with. :) There is a limit to E630's bass. Try a Shure E2 soft flex or foam tip. Also, remember to set your EQ correctly. Left hand most is the bass frequency.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showpost.php?p=18045174&postcount=380

Next time, spend 15-30 mins try and learning how to get a seal with a Westone/Ety/Shure. Try foams, easier to seal. No seal or bad tip, even a UM2 will have no bass.

narutiment

Reaction score
nVidia said:
thanks bug

problem is where can i buy the soft flex or foam tips and how much are they? i believe the foam tips should enhance the bass alot...

bro u can get the ultra soft flex from me. just went today and bought a pack. refer to my thread here. foam tips i saw in stereo also. personally i think complys can give alittle more bass than foam leh..

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
nVidia said:
thanks bug

Dun get your hopes too high, Like i said, Cresyn's bass is limited. ON the foams and soft flex, bass improves a little only. But its dependant on ears. You might get more bass cos you might be able to achieve a better fit or the Cresyn's tips really cannot make it for you.

You can get them at Stereo electronics if they still got stock.

narutiment said:
bro u can get the ultra soft flex from me. just went today and bought a pack. refer to my thread here. foam tips i saw in stereo also. personally i think complys can give alittle more bass than foam leh..

Your soft flex is for E1/E3/E5? If so, cannot fit his cresyn. Cresyn can only take E2 soft flex.

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
afbug1 said:
Dun get your hopes too high, Like i said, Cresyn's bass is limited. ON the foams and soft flex, bass improves a little only. But its dependant on ears. You might get more bass cos you might be able to achieve a better fit or the Cresyn's tips really cannot make it for you.
ehh... to me so much stronger den CK7 and stronger den UM2 but of coz nt as accurate...

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
theory_87 said:
ehh... to me so much stronger den CK7 and stronger den UM2 but of coz nt as accurate...

You told me this so many times liao. :o It is for your case only. Most people cannot get a seal as good as you can. And maybe your mod damn power. =:p On the average, its eartips, seal and design is not good for most ears.

Wait tell him can get a lot of bass but if he fail = disappointment. I also failed. :s13:

kangaroobabe

Reaction score
afbug1 said:
You told me this so many times liao. :o It is for your case only. Most people cannot get a seal as good as you can. And maybe your mod damn power. =:p On the average, its eartips, seal and design is not good for most ears.

Wait tell him can get a lot of bass but if he fail = disappointment. I also failed. :s13:

i kinda agree wif afbug too. :s13: couldnt get a decent seal wif my former cresyns

dle4e_2005

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
kangaroobabe said:
IIRC, there used to be a review. but got removed for some reasons tat i don know

it was removed aft some pple go copy paste it to some other forum without telling Master Afbug

kangaroobabe

Reaction score
dle4e_2005 said:
it was removed aft some pple go copy paste it to some other forum without telling Master Afbug

ic. tats damn unfair to master afbug especially since its his contribution

nVidia

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
okies, after tryin out hte Cresyn LMX-E630DL, i can say it sounds pretty good on the H10 though alittle bit wee more bass would be appreciated

i used the SRS WOW and firmware 2.05 and found the Cresyn (on default eartips) pretty good!

now, instruments liek the clarinet and flutes really come out alot clearer and more articulated

hmm...its really quite good and for 42 bucks, i dun think can complain liao

i had to adjust to get a good seal and i m quite surprised with the results i must say!

doozie said:
Can Cresyn LMX-E630RL get a 4 stars?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.