Earphone Review: Battle of sub $80 in-ears earphones plus others!

xllms

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
doozie said:
Can Cresyn LMX-E630RL get a 4 stars?

the ratings are subjected to various criterias at different priorities in relation to the critic...hence its best u listen to it ursef and judge...

xllms

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
doozie said:
Can Cresyn LMX-E630RL get a 4 stars?

When i first reviewed, i gave them a 5. But if i'm to review it again, it will be a 4 to 4.5 cos its design often gets in the way of getting a seal and its supplied tips are not very good or efficent. Quite a few spend the extra $16 or used their old Sony tips.

nVidia said:
okies, after tryin out hte Cresyn LMX-E630DL, i can say it sounds pretty good on the H10 though alittle bit wee more bass would be appreciated

i used the SRS WOW and firmware 2.05 and found the Cresyn (on default eartips) pretty good!

now, instruments liek the clarinet and flutes really come out alot clearer and more articulated

hmm...its really quite good and for 42 bucks, i dun think can complain liao

i had to adjust to get a good seal and i m quite surprised with the results i must say!

If the supplied tip fit a little loose on the cresyn, (try turning it, see tight or not) use something to tighten it (eg, a small rubber washer) or widen the sound nozzle a little. (eg, blue tac or heat shrink) Ask theory about his power mod. With a tighter fit, it should be a bit more bass.

I hope you understand what i'm try to say lol.

ShougunX

Reaction score
I bought my Cresyn E630 today at funan!! Initialli wanna buy at causeway pt but rather out of the way so in the end buy at funan. But i felt deceived coz it's stated 42.90 on the box but they exclude gst...in the end pay 45 bucks...so angry. Anyway, cresyn e630 is a nice earphone. The wonders of in-ear, i can attain the same volume at vol lvl 13 on my U10 when previously i need vol lvl 21.....realli can save on my mp3 batt.

It could be the first time i'm wearing in-ear, wasn't quite used to it. The sound waves seems to be 'hitting' into my eardrums n radiating into my head n throat n even my taste buds seems funnie....n my inner ear seems 'heated up'.....dunno how to explain...it's a perculiar feelin...maybe i'm not used to it just yet bah....oh, is it becoz my setting of the sound of my mp3 or is it the nature of the earphone that it sound it produced was rather 'sharp' (high treble)?

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
afbug1 said:
When i first reviewed, i gave them a 5. But if i'm to review it again, it will be a 4 to 4.5 cos its design often gets in the way of getting a seal and its supplied tips are not very good or efficent. Quite a few spend the extra $16 or used their old Sony tips.

If the supplied tip fit a little loose on the cresyn, (try turning it, see tight or not) use something to tighten it (eg, a small rubber washer) or widen the sound nozzle a little. (eg, blue tac or heat shrink) Ask theory about his power mod. With a tighter fit, it should be a bit more bass.

I hope you understand what i'm try to say lol.
nt abit.. is alot.. and on my iAudio U2, the bass is wooo.... too much for me... think 5eb gt to stay off frm me le.. haha

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ShougunX said:
I bought my Cresyn E630 today at funan!! Initialli wanna buy at causeway pt but rather out of the way so in the end buy at funan. But i felt deceived coz it's stated 42.90 on the box but they exclude gst...in the end pay 45 bucks...so angry. Anyway, cresyn e630 is a nice earphone. The wonders of in-ear, i can attain the same volume at vol lvl 13 on my U10 when previously i need vol lvl 21.....realli can save on my mp3 batt.

It could be the first time i'm wearing in-ear, wasn't quite used to it. The sound waves seems to be 'hitting' into my eardrums n radiating into my head n throat n even my taste buds seems funnie....n my inner ear seems 'heated up'.....dunno how to explain...it's a perculiar feelin...maybe i'm not used to it just yet bah....oh, is it becoz my setting of the sound of my mp3 or is it the nature of the earphone that it sound it produced was rather 'sharp' (high treble)?
try playing ur mp3 EQ setting so u get a sound tt suit u best...

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
ShougunX said:

This is the 1st time i hear of such a reaction. I got no idea why like that. lol. Try lowering the vol level and set to EQ to flat 1st. Then you adjust it to your preference.

If problems persist, sell it. It might not be suitable for you. Earphone can replace, ears cannot.

Zephyron

Reaction score
theory_87 said:
nt abit.. is alot.. and on my iAudio U2, the bass is wooo.... too much for me... think 5eb gt to stay off frm me le.. haha
I thought that you only had the H10 as your player, never thought you also have an iAudio as a backup. Korean company supporter! w00t! :D

ShougunX

Reaction score
afbug1 said:
This is the 1st time i hear of such a reaction. I got no idea why like that. lol. Try lowering the vol level and set to EQ to flat 1st. Then you adjust it to your preference.

If problems persist, sell it. It might not be suitable for you. Earphone can replace, ears cannot.
Dun scare me le....anyway, i think becos i'm not used to inserting sumthin so deep into my ear, so the reason for the 'heated' feeling. N becoz it is stuffed into my ear, felt a pressure like when u go swimming...think shud get used to it after a few trys. I was thinking whether the sound sounds so sharp is becoz i set the EQ to preset 'Rock'...will set EQ to normal n try again...

Zephyron

Reaction score
In general, Rock forms a V-shaped graph on most MP3 players that have the Rock setting, forming something like a super Bass and Treble Boost. I think the Cresyn LMX-E630 needs little to no EQing at all, except for maybe a bit of an increase in the lowest frequency band if you'd want a bit more bass out of it.

ShougunX

Reaction score
Zephyron said:
In general, Rock forms a V-shaped graph on most MP3 players that have the Rock setting, forming something like a super Bass and Treble Boost. I think the Cresyn LMX-E630 needs little to no EQing at all, except for maybe a bit of an increase in the lowest frequency band if you'd want a bit more bass out of it.
Thanks Zephyrone/theory_87/afbugs_1, after setting EQ back to normal, it sounds more 'normal' haha. But still not used to the 'stuffy' feeling...haha :s13:

Zephyron

Reaction score
Hmm, I suppose your player has a custom EQ right? :)

To make things sound more airy, up the rightmost custom EQ bar by around 2-3 or more. Left EQ bar would be low pitch (bass), right EQ bar would be high pitch (treble). Everything in-between is in-between in order :D

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Zephyron said:
I thought that you only had the H10 as your player, never thought you also have an iAudio as a backup. Korean company supporter! w00t! :D
cant blame me.. their solid sound quality bought me over.. haha.. but i do luv korea product...

ShougunX

Reaction score
Zephyron said:
Hmm, I suppose your player has a custom EQ right? :)

To make things sound more airy, up the rightmost custom EQ bar by around 2-3 or more. Left EQ bar would be low pitch (bass), right EQ bar would be high pitch (treble). Everything in-between is in-between in order :D
Hmm...tat means the graph will be from high to low reading from right to left?

Zephyron

Reaction score
Nope, low to high.

Left most is bass, rightmost is highs. To get 'pure' SQ, little to no EQ should be used :)
EQ can also be used to correct earphone weaknesses.

e.g: My U3 + CK7:
60Hz Band: 0
250Hz Band: 0
1kHz Band: 1
3kHz Band: -1
14kHz Band: 0
BBE:01
M3B:00
3DS:02

Last edited:

ShougunX

Reaction score
My U10 onli got:
50 +2
200 +1
1000 0
3000 +1
14000 +2

A V-shape formation

so i shud change to:

50 +0
200 +0
1000 +1
3000 -1
14000 +0

???

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
Guys, can open another thread for EQ settings? OT already. Wait rockstar must sweep floor again. :s13:

Zephyron

Reaction score
No, not at all, its up to your preference :)

I like my music to sound as prim as proper as how they should sound, and the CK7 has a bit of a 1000Hz deficiency to my ears and well as a bit of brightness in the lower to middle treble regions, so I use the EQ to 'fix' the errors on my CK7 to make it sound more neutral

Try to experiment with the EQ bands as much as you like, just remember that leftmost is bass/low pitch and right is treble/high pitch. You might just find some EQ configuration that you might like :)

ShougunX

Reaction score
Gomen sorrie paiseh...ok thanks zephyron, will experiment a bit. Thanks for ur advise.

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks. The Cresyn thread was actually from this thread. :s31: If nothing was done, this will be a super long thread. =:p

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.