HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

AeroSix

Reaction score
ascdf13 said:
to all,

just returned from hk last nite...went there for 8d7n..took the SQ two to fly promo with is less than 400/pax incl taxes.but spent close to 2.5k which is mostly on clothes and bird nest :)

places to recomend

1) fa yuen street (spent 3 days there) which my gf bought lots of things there :(
2) langham place must take the escalator from the 4th to 8th and the 13th flr at nite which has a nice view of the building...
3) go to kwan tung mtr station which has a trendy shopping centre call apm
4) the sports wear street
5) the sai kong dessert shops - high class dessert shops - recomend for its nice mango dessert
6) xu lai san dessert - mostly can be found at mongkok..
7) espirt outlet stores - for all the cheap and nice espirt wear... spend 1k there
8) if there is the time can try to watch a movie there - watched election 2 there but price is abt S$12 there compare to S$9.50 here
9) for meal wise, the portions given are always quite huge, if u are a small eater can share with someone else

can only remember these at the moment , gotten to ask my gf wht else we did there then can update

enjoy ur stay at hk where u eat to shop and shop to eat non stop from 10am till 11pm (thats wht i did for the past 7days) :p :)

Hi,can i check with u hows the weather for HK now? im going fora 5d4n trip on 9thMay...
U have the add for thesportwear street? Thanks

ascdf13

Master Member
Reaction score
the weather is rainy when i was there...abt 24-27degress...

the sports wear street is at fa yuen street..just walk down from fa yuen street and u will see the whole street is full of sports wear shops cant miss it

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dolphingalgal said:
but the half day city tour will cover those famous places like repulse bay, victoria peek, aberdeen and so on..those are the attractive places that we need to visit for the first time..if we go by ourself, means we will waste the transport fee lor...coz we alr paid for the package and the transport will be FOC then..is that true?

The toru guide will ask you to pay HK$50 per person at the end of tour anyway.
Also along the way, lots of etra $ etc. Those land tour package in HK really all out to kill!

Revolution

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hahaa its a chopping land tour...

wahhaa be it on your own and tour guides.

difference - F&E u probably end up with things u want.
organised ones probably still things u want but u have been labelled as CARROT! haha just kidding.

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
Seraquiel said:
is it possible to visit the 3 main outlying islands in HK ?
3 outlying islands?

Lamma Island
Cheung Chau
Tai O

u mean this 3? HK got ..few hundreds of outlying islands...

Seraquiel

Master Member
Reaction score
Lamma Island
Lantau Island
Cheung Chau

These are the 3 main ones.....

was wondering if I can cover all these 3 in one day....

any advise?

CharmanderWong said:
3 outlying islands?

Lamma Island
Cheung Chau
Tai O

u mean this 3? HK got ..few hundreds of outlying islands...

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
Seraquiel said:
Lamma Island
Lantau Island
Cheung Chau

These are the 3 main ones.....

was wondering if I can cover all these 3 in one day....

any advise?
Nope not possible to cover 3 island all in a day.

Firstly, Lantau island is Big, BIGGER than Singapore itself. It is Link to Kowloon penesular by the Tsing Ma Bridge.
Theres not really much at lantau itself, except for the Giant Buddha and maybe...Tai O.

Lamma Island is a 45mins ferry ride from central pier, theres plenty of seafood there.
Also, HKers like to hike across the island and board the ferry from the other pier during weekends, maybe u want to do that too? Theres also some famous dessert stall there, forgot the name.

Cheung Chau is simply like pulau ubin, except pulau ubin is full of trees.. this is full of low rise buildings... nothing much to see even if u are into sightseeing.

Heres some tours and acttractions in this islands if u are interested in the other attractions in these islands: http://www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/touring/islands/ta_isla_138587.jhtml

Anyway, what would u really want to see from this islands?
The scenery? Culture? People? or just have some time away from shopping and shopping?

dolphingalgal

Reaction score
who can help me????

should i go Macau if i'm going for a 5D4N trip??

should i go by agent or explore myself? coz there will be an extra S$150 charge if i request for one day trip to macau from the agent.

anyone who went there before can give me an idea of the schedule for this 5D4N trip? basically will be some sight-seeing coz first time to HK mar..hehe..then will not hang around in those shopping centre gua..coz Singapore also have lots shopping centre liao ler..and also EAT EAT EAT..hahaha..famous snacks and better if cheap lor..hahaa..

actually, my plan is like below:
1st day: reach HK and walk around hk island's famous spots
2nd day: walk around kowloon area
3rd day: Disney Land
4th day: Macau
5th day: lantau island (optional)/ buy souvenir..haha..where??? dunno..any idea??? back sg

help..help...help...so bad lar..the air freight now got NO promotion ler..sob sob..

jsbn

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Revolution said:
hahaa its a chopping land tour...

wahhaa be it on your own and tour guides.

difference - F&E u probably end up with things u want.
organised ones probably still things u want but u have been labelled as CARROT! haha just kidding.
:s13: Can't help but nod my head at ur very last words. :s13:

Ironically, I had heard otherwise, where those who go F&Es are carrotheads waiting to be chopped and those who go tour groups wun get chopped.

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dolphingalgal said:
5th day: lantau island (optional)/ buy souvenir..haha..where??? dunno..any idea??? back sg

Might not have enough time to go Lantau on last day unless you like to rush.
Note: Will have to check out before you leave because there's no way you can go there and come back by 1 pm for checkout.

Of course it depends on your flight, but here's what I did on mine.
Wake up, shop in Kowloon, have lunch at Kamboat, check out at 1pm + leave luggage at bellhop's counter. Go to Golden Computer Ctr. Buy small items eg games cartridges. Shop at Pasar Malam surrounding the Ctr. Have afternoon tea at dessert stall. Collect luggage and await transport at 4.30pm onwards.

As for souvenir, you can buy it anywhere even at the airport so no rush.

pop

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone staying at disneyland hotels.

I manage to book one night at Hollywood for HK1000 before tax. Now this is cheaper than the HK1150 I was quoted for Royal Plaza for triple sharing. Hollywood doesn't care whether double or triple same price. Now I'm thinking maybe I should stay for another night inside disney since it is cheaper than city hotel.

But anyway, for those who has stayed in hk disneyland before, do you choose to stay the night before your park visit or stay on the night you visit the park. I spoke to the girl over the phone and she said most people check in the night before, enjoy the fire works first, then next day visit the park still can see fireworks.

guesswho80

Reaction score
ascdf13 said:
to all,

just returned from hk last nite...went there for 8d7n..took the SQ two to fly promo with is less than 400/pax incl taxes.but spent close to 2.5k which is mostly on clothes and bird nest :)

places to recomend

1) fa yuen street (spent 3 days there) which my gf bought lots of things there :(
2) langham place must take the escalator from the 4th to 8th and the 13th flr at nite which has a nice view of the building...
3) go to kwan tung mtr station which has a trendy shopping centre call apm
4) the sports wear street
5) the sai kong dessert shops - high class dessert shops - recomend for its nice mango dessert
6) xu lai san dessert - mostly can be found at mongkok..
7) espirt outlet stores - for all the cheap and nice espirt wear... spend 1k there
8) if there is the time can try to watch a movie there - watched election 2 there but price is abt S$12 there compare to S$9.50 here
9) for meal wise, the portions given are always quite huge, if u are a small eater can share with someone else

can only remember these at the moment , gotten to ask my gf wht else we did there then can update

enjoy ur stay at hk where u eat to shop and shop to eat non stop from 10am till 11pm (thats wht i did for the past 7days) :p :)

Hi ur SQ promotion still on for June holiday? Plan for a trip to Hong Kong. I heard there are also day tours at the airport can register but are these day tours at the airport worth the money? How much does the day tour costs?

guesswho80

Reaction score
CharmanderWong said:
Hey Revolution,

HKTB @ Suntec is here:

9 Temasek Boulevard
#34-03 Suntec Tower Two
Singapore 038989
Tel: 6336 5800
Fax: 6336 5811

Anyone knows what is the opening hours? R there a lot of information about Hong Kong?

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
pop said:
Anyone staying at disneyland hotels.

I manage to book one night at Hollywood for HK1000 before tax. Now this is cheaper than the HK1150 I was quoted for Royal Plaza for triple sharing. Hollywood doesn't care whether double or triple same price. Now I'm thinking maybe I should stay for another night inside disney since it is cheaper than city hotel.

HK150 is only about $30 dollars. Consider the convenience of getting to the shopping & entertainment districts in town which is about 25 to 30 min away by MTR (~1hr both ways).

Disneyland also doesn't offer much choices in breakfast (eat in hotel at hotel price or eat in Disneyland), so you've to starve till you get to a decent place to eat.

pop

Master Member
Reaction score
u've got a point there, especially about food.

my plan therefore is to stay 2 nights, the 2nd night also my last nite in hk, so next day, i can check out, leave the luggage with the hotel, go visit the big buddha, maybe taio, come back to hotel, check out, go airport. no going to city for my last day.

weechiong

Reaction score
i think the big buddha is much nearer to the airport if u are staying in mongkok. u will be wasting quite some time on travelling back and forth...

pop

Master Member
Reaction score
lowjk, the girl on the phone was telling me getting a park view room will enable us to watch the fire works from our room, but would just going down to the hotel compound be able to see the fireworks too?

nicholaslee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HongKong RAWKS!!! I love tt place :D

i went there for 2 weeks last october. Though I went there with a HK'er friend, I find there very small and easy to find way around. the train services are effecient and easy to use :) Spent around sgd$200 juz for transport for the 2weeks including ferry rides to Macau. The main thing I feel is their expensive transportation..

If you want tour guides, you can actually join tour groups OVER at HK itself! The cost are roughly SG$25-35 which includes bus rides to famous places and meals. Around 5-7 places IIRC. Much cheaper than compared to tour packages in singapore I guess? If you want to see more places, join more tour packages for different places everyday! The "personal" time given for each place we visit I feel is quite enough too. They will tell you where to gather on the particular day for the tour, usually near a MTR station. So it's quite safe and fuss free =)

HK disneyland tics can be bought online. When you go HK on the day itself, simply ride the MTR to disneyland Station. There's a auto machine to dispense admission tickets for if you bought the ticket online with credit card.

For shopping, Just do a research on all the shopping malls and shopping streets and let the MTR take you there! Spend any amount of time you like than be :) Their train services usually end quite late, over midnight unlike SMRT :mad:

I think it shouldn't be about which is cheaper if going on tour packages or self exploring cause the amount spent will be around the same too depending how you manage your money. It's more of the FUN and enjoyment you get! HK is really easy to get around as long as you have done your homework =))

Enjoy your trip man!!

nicholaslee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the tricky part is at HK Disneyland, how to make use of the LIMITED opening hours to get the best out of it :s13:

There are some guides to follow, like what rides to go first, what are the scedules of some events like the Street Parade that happens 1/2 times aday. Fireworks timings, get FAST PASS for rides while go for quick lunch... etc etc =:p

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.