HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

Seraquiel

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your advise... actually is both scenery , culture and shopping in HK....

I stay in HK for 4 nites and 2 nites in Macau before flying back to SG from Macau...

Maybe , I shd only visit Lantau Island n Tai-O village.... the other 2 can give it a miss this time...

CharmanderWong said:
Nope not possible to cover 3 island all in a day.

Firstly, Lantau island is Big, BIGGER than Singapore itself. It is Link to Kowloon penesular by the Tsing Ma Bridge.
Theres not really much at lantau itself, except for the Giant Buddha and maybe...Tai O.

Lamma Island is a 45mins ferry ride from central pier, theres plenty of seafood there.
Also, HKers like to hike across the island and board the ferry from the other pier during weekends, maybe u want to do that too? Theres also some famous dessert stall there, forgot the name.

Cheung Chau is simply like pulau ubin, except pulau ubin is full of trees.. this is full of low rise buildings... nothing much to see even if u are into sightseeing.

Heres some tours and acttractions in this islands if u are interested in the other attractions in these islands: http://www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/touring/islands/ta_isla_138587.jhtml

Anyway, what would u really want to see from this islands?
The scenery? Culture? People? or just have some time away from shopping and shopping?

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
pop said:
lowjk, the girl on the phone was telling me getting a park view room will enable us to watch the fire works from our room, but would just going down to the hotel compound be able to see the fireworks too?

Sorry not familar with Disneyland Hollywood Hotel, as I stayed in the other hotel.

Probably would be able to see something but not as nice.
The best spot to see fireworks is still at the end of Main Street, where the fireworks light up and explode in a beautiful array of lights above and behind Cinderella's castle. And you get accompanying music as well. :)

BTW if you stay in the Disneyland Hotel Victorian Room and above, you get to go to a private lounge to watch the fireworks, and get served tea at the same time.

noelnoel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dolphingalgal said:
who can help me????

should i go Macau if i'm going for a 5D4N trip??

should i go by agent or explore myself? coz there will be an extra S$150 charge if i request for one day trip to macau from the agent.

anyone who went there before can give me an idea of the schedule for this 5D4N trip? basically will be some sight-seeing coz first time to HK mar..hehe..then will not hang around in those shopping centre gua..coz Singapore also have lots shopping centre liao ler..and also EAT EAT EAT..hahaha..famous snacks and better if cheap lor..hahaa..

actually, my plan is like below:
1st day: reach HK and walk around hk island's famous spots
2nd day: walk around kowloon area
3rd day: Disney Land
4th day: Macau
5th day: lantau island (optional)/ buy souvenir..haha..where??? dunno..any idea??? back sg

help..help...help...so bad lar..the air freight now got NO promotion ler..sob sob..
i will be going tmr 6th till 10th May
my plane brings me directly to Macau :p
anyway i heard macua nothing much
one day is enuff
u go yourself will be much cheaper

noelnoel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AeroSix said:
Hi,can i check with u hows the weather for HK now? im going fora 5d4n trip on 9thMay...
U have the add for thesportwear street? Thanks
:O see u there!

pop

Master Member
Reaction score
noelnoel said:
one day is enuff

u take tiger airways to macau? and then are u staying in macau or move to hk and then how u fly back?

i am thinking of travelling tiger air to macau, then return via hk using jetstar, but find lugging the luggage from macau to hk quite troublesome. still thinking.

guesswho80

Reaction score
noelnoel said:
one day is enuff

so share with us ur singapore-macau-hongkong-macau-singapore trip. I am intending to go Hong Kong in June on free n easy thinking which airline to book Jetstar or Tiger or United or China.

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
pop said:
u take tiger airways to macau? and then are u staying in macau or move to hk and then how u fly back?

i am thinking of travelling tiger air to macau, then return via hk using jetstar, but find lugging the luggage from macau to hk quite troublesome. still thinking.
Wow, just a day and the thread jumped to 4 pages.

If u don't bring much to HK then its fine, 1 luggage on the ferry is alright, but for those who buy alot of things and thinking of returning to singapore via macau, u're not adviced to do so coz the ferry dosent really have luggage compartments. And, remember this, ferry terminal is not airport, u got to transfer again..

guesswho80

Reaction score
anybody knows what the cheapest airfare to get to Hong Kong in June beside Jetstar Asia

xerxesrex

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any1 know the espirit retail store location? is it the 1 facing with HSBC mongkok separated by the nathan rd ;)
haroo noel noel welcum to HK :D ;)

noelnoel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
xerxesrex said:
any1 know the espirit retail store location? is it the 1 facing with HSBC mongkok separated by the nathan rd ;)
haroo noel noel welcum to HK :D ;)
u living in hk? :D

noelnoel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
pop said:

i going back macau for tiger loh
cos i bought return tickets

xerxesrex

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
noelnoel said:
today money changer gave me a 4.83 rate :(
4 May rate roh, maybe weekend is lower ;) the 1 inside parco bugis, inside got POSB atm 1

xerxesrex

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
noelnoel said:
i dun have lappy lehz
but i need a comp to transfer my photo to ipod though
i tin hor their cyber cafe dun allow ppl to copy data into or from the PC 1 reh ;) u is only can do that when u back to sg roh ;)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.