Earphone Review: Battle of sub $80 in-ears earphones plus others!

fevernova

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmmmz, ok, yeah, i guess so, iBuds do look nice. But the K701 don't! They're iBud wannabes

xllms

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
RePlaY said:
The SR71 is so big!!! And cannot charge batteries inside it..

PA2V2 quite popular here.. seems like many ppl intending to get it. In terms of performance per dollar it's definitely worth it.. Mine is currently loaned out to another forum member.. Maybe will let it go cheaply when I get it back since I'm not using it at all.. Will post again when I get it back.

hey, if u r thinking of sellin ur PA2V2, do let me know, am interested...:)

by the way, does anyone how much is the HORNET??...and wats the difference b/w the hornet n PA2V2?

xllms

brianadam888

Reaction score
I have been using EP630 for months but havent experience any microphonics.

Anyone share the same experience as theory_87?

brianadam888

Reaction score
afbug1 said:
I tot i offered to let you test the other time?! You all organise la. I think if buying a few, Gary can offer a better price.

Count me in! I am interested to buy the PA2V2 too :s12:

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
brianadam888 said:
I have been using EP630 for months but havent experience any microphonics.

Anyone share the same experience as theory_87?
microphonics can b heard with low volume. but human nature is to turn up the vol to cover the noise so most will claim there izzint...

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
XcoldstarX said:
i nv tot a earplug from true IEM can fir a EP630 cause i think the EP630 the driver is too thick for the stem of the biflang......if that's the case, can u like maybe tell me where i can get the biflang ear tip and also how u make that slider.....
ok... let me ans ur queries.
UE SuperFi series noozle is tihcker den most IEM out there... it even slightly thicker den EP630 tt y it can b fitted into EP630. UE biflange tip u cant get it anywhere in SG as there is no UE authories dealer in SG... u may ask jmilo if he sells it or order online.

Slider, u can use the tube in dis page. but u haf to force it in. i use sissors to stretch it 1st b4 i slot it thur the straight plug den use hair dryer to shrink it...

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i bought dis EP630 on tue. bought it at staff price thur a coursemate (a forum member here too) fren. to replace my left cable broken LMX-E630.

juz some personal note:

LMX-E630 as i haf mod the noozle b4, the bass is very powerful... but nt tight as EP630 and sound a little muddy. but it mid is the strong point.

EP630 bass is weaker den my mod LMX-E630 but tighter and more control. min bass lv on any earphone tt i'll accept. the high is more sparkling den LMX-E630 which i lyk. abit cold sounding as compare to LMX-E630

if u ask me to choose between dis 2 again, i'll choose EP630 for it tighter bass and it sparkling treble. and EP630 is more comfy... hee...

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
brianadam888 said:
Count me in! I am interested to buy the PA2V2 too :s12:

I'm not organising the meet up or a group buy. If you guys want to listen to a PA2V2 or do a group buy, pls organise it in another thread. This one getting too long. :) Thanks for understanding. Yes, i can meet and let you all listen to it.

theory_87:

Oh yes. ;) I like the extra bass it had over the ER6i. I use it on a discman, on the megabass. :s31:

XcoldstarX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how about using shure triflange earbuds and cut off the top most tip to make it a biflange? if it works, then it is possible to buy the earbuds in singapore? if order online, i might ask a few friends who are also using In-canal earphones to buy together bah

Last edited:

XcoldstarX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
theory_87 said:
ok... let me ans ur queries.
UE SuperFi series noozle is tihcker den most IEM out there... it even slightly thicker den EP630 tt y it can b fitted into EP630. UE biflange tip u cant get it anywhere in SG as there is no UE authories dealer in SG... u may ask jmilo if he sells it or order online.

Slider, u can use the tube in dis page. but u haf to force it in. i use sissors to stretch it 1st b4 i slot it thur the straight plug den use hair dryer to shrink it...

i tried making the slider using my ACRYAN sleeving kit heatshrink....sian i use hair dryer on it for damn long long liao but still not tight enuff....

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
XcoldstarX said:
how about using shure triflange earbuds and cut off the top most tip to make it a biflange? if it works, then it is possible to buy the earbuds in singapore? if order online, i might ask a few friends who are also using In-canal earphones to buy together bah

If you want to use other ear tips on your EP630, here are some choices. Shure triflange cannot fit, too small.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showpost.php?p=18045174&postcount=380

theory_87:
I pay you $1 and you send me some head shrink can or not?

XcoldstarX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
theory_87 said:
haa... no need lah.. i go find stamp.. if gt den i send to u...

wah pass some also leh......the heatshrink i have too big liao

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
theory_87 said:
haa... no need lah.. i go find stamp.. if gt den i send to u...

Hey thanks for the offer. :D But the $1 covers a stamp and envelope too. PM me your acc no.

XcoldstarX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow....after adding delivery charges, 10 UE biflange eartips cost like 62USD wtf...so expensive

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HEAD-INFO.RU_EX71_MOD.jpg

haha... wonder wad he put inside tt heat shrinking tube to make it stay in place...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.