HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

noelnoel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i was on a budget trip so i changed HK$2000 (S$200)
took Tiger airway to Macau S$200
take ferry to Kowloon S$20+
Cosmic Guest House ast Tsim Sha Tsui
S$18 per night per person for a 3 person ensuite

noelnoel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i move around pretty much using the MTR and metro
so just buy the octopus card for HK$150 (HK$50 deposit)

noelnoel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think living in Tsim Sha Tsui area is good because its near to many places i wanted to go
it seems to be like Orchard area in Singapore
at night even though the main street are getting deserted
the back streets are still buzzling with activity
can pretty find food and entertainment everywhere

roger_koh81

Reaction score
dolphingalgal said:
oic..u booked everything by urself is it? not going through agent? 455 for tax???? so expensive??? wat tax is it?

Eh, no lah... I was just calculating my costs (Hotel and Air tix) compared to the $643 which u said cheap mah. So it turns out that the air tix costs around $455 which I think it's not that cheap afterall.

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
guesswho80 said:
What u mean by where board ferry? how abt macau side? coz i consider going from macau to hong kong then back to macau? Which agent u get for HK$250? how much the cab ride? running on meter like sg or need to bargain like malaysia?
U can go to macau on ferry via either TST harbourcity (NWFF) or HK Island Shun Tuk Center, i got my tix at ShunTuk Center one of the agents, just dun buy from counter loh, but its a risk as u mus return on the u specified. Cab is on meter, v.cheap la...macau so small.

guesswho80

Reaction score
CharmanderWong said:
U can go to macau on ferry via either TST harbourcity (NWFF) or HK Island Shun Tuk Center, i got my tix at ShunTuk Center one of the agents, just dun buy from counter loh, but its a risk as u mus return on the u specified. Cab is on meter, v.cheap la...macau so small.

so u come back from hong kong or macau

the fare is for both way or one way how abt one way fare how much is it

wenghao

Reaction score
noelnoel said:
i think living in Tsim Sha Tsui area is good because its near to many places i wanted to go
it seems to be like Orchard area in Singapore
at night even though the main street are getting deserted
the back streets are still buzzling with activity
can pretty find food and entertainment everywhere

hey....i am quite stucked between staying at tsim sha tsui or mong kok....can anyone give advice?

zaxh81

Reaction score
wenghao said:
hey....i am quite stucked between staying at tsim sha tsui or mong kok....can anyone give advice?
To me,mongkok could be a much better choice cause they have more shopping area that open till quite late.

zixter

Reaction score
mongkok is more like a better place to me...things cheaper, open till very late...
crowd wise tsim sha zui and mong kok both alot of ppl...in fact...hong kong is so busy at every hr of the day!!

mongkok shops can tok cock and discount more..and more road side stall also...dun worry i tried all of them never realli lao sai...

and ...near the place where u go to the big buddlha there is this shopping centre with crazy sale...i went to the esprit and bought like 1k HKD of clothes becos its around 20-30 dollars per piece =]

istarcon

Reaction score
zixter said:
mongkok is more like a better place to me...things cheaper, open till very late...
crowd wise tsim sha zui and mong kok both alot of ppl...in fact...hong kong is so busy at every hr of the day!!

mongkok shops can tok cock and discount more..and more road side stall also...dun worry i tried all of them never realli lao sai...

and ...near the place where u go to the big buddlha there is this shopping centre with crazy sale...i went to the esprit and bought like 1k HKD of clothes becos its around 20-30 dollars per piece =]

wow, hey got any places to recommend to visit?

gog 6D5N.

1st time going hongkong w my gf, of course 1 day dedicated to disneyland, other 3 days any recommendation on places to visit to eat and shop(since 1st and lastday i considered wasted due to trip to & from airport)?

will be going around 1st 2 weeks of june. :)

many thanks for advice

istarcon

Reaction score
btw any recommendations for reasonably priced nice to eat restaurants and also places tt sell nice seafood to eat?

SGD100-200 for 2 persons per meal lidat. is budget :)

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
Maybe visit some of the nice scenery places like the peak, repulse bay, lamma island,etc. Dun forget the night scene from both sides of the harbour, take a star ferry across. Spend one whole day shopping! Shop till u drop!

100~200SGD for 2 person meal is considered....alot
Seafood try lamma island's seafood, cheap, but not sure good anot. Didnt have a chance to try the last time i went there.

Jane2

Reaction score
zixter said:

That is Tung Chung MTR station.
I was there on my way to Tai-O :D .
Bought lots of stuff from tht espirit too.. avg was like 20SG. =:p

guesswho80

Reaction score
istarcon said:

gog 6D5N.

1st time going hongkong w my gf, of course 1 day dedicated to disneyland, other 3 days any recommendation on places to visit to eat and shop(since 1st and lastday i considered wasted due to trip to & from airport)?

many thanks for advice

so what airline n hotel u book? u book under agency or online? how much the cost for airline n hotel respectively?

dolphingalgal

Reaction score
zaxh81 said:
Last year i have went already so more or less is know where to go.
Some pics here http://www.pbase.com/xiong/hong_kong
Air tiks and Accomodation is booked,around $350 per person for 6D 5N.

har?? how come so cheap? only $350/pax for 6D5N ???? which agent u booked??? please please tell me...coz i got all around $650 - $75 for 5D4N ler.....wat flight and hotel u booked???

tell me tell me!~!~ thx thx..

zixter

Reaction score
istarcon said:

gog 6D5N.

many thanks for advice

if its the first time, there are places like The peak, the big statue buddha, macau, repulse bay that are tourist attractions to take photos. sort of a one time thing...i still feel shopping and speaking with the ppl there, looking at the way things are different from singapore, eg teenagers below 20 yrs old opening stalls to make a living, the night life and the crowd even after 12 am, their somehow more dense high rise buildings etc)

hmmm the sports shoe st and the ladies st are good for shopping...as well as some that i mentioned heh. somehow going to tourist attraction is realli looking at other singaporeans and ang mohs only...i prefer to walk around in streets haha ..i tink its more fun

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.