Earphone Review: Battle of sub $80 in-ears earphones plus others!

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
afbug1 said:
I think you really need to test the SF5 pro before buying. Its suppose to have lots of bass. Wait you find them no bass. lol. Hey if you like, just get Ety, no need to think of others actually. They're good and if you can get a good fit and comfy, better still.

As for iM716, its a very good deal but if you run out of filters, i dunno where you can find replacements. So i think buy Ety better. They got great support and is avaliable in SG. I just asked them to send my some smaple tips and a bigger case. Hope they send me. :D

The heat shrink is useful and i like the slider. But got bigger size one? Its hard to fit them in. Must stretch lol.
dis is my biggest size tube liao... coz i'm afraid tt if the size is bigger, it cant shirnk to the cable diameter... iM716 filter izzint it the same as Ety? abt SF5pro, there is no place in SG i can test leh... sad...

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
theory_87 said:
dis is my biggest size tube liao... coz i'm afraid tt if the size is bigger, it cant shirnk to the cable diameter... iM716 filter izzint it the same as Ety? abt SF5pro, there is no place in SG i can test leh... sad...

icic. When shrunk, it fits the EP630 and MX550 cable nicely. But for thicker cords, i think a larger one will be easier to fit in.

Filters are not interchangable between earphones i think. You will not want to risk it and discover that you cannot find filters for it. So i think the ER6i will be a better choice. Its much smaller too. Can disappear into your ear. The black version is quite nice and you can add your head shrink to it too. =:p I actually want to do it months ago but cannot find and forgot the size and lazy to find also. :s13: I got no experience with head shrink so dunno what to buy. I did post at sgheadphones for help but got no reply. :(

AhHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys..i wanna ask something...

for sound isolation...the higher the dB is better or the lower?

what's the impedance(ohm) for? what does the value reflects?

thanks !

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
afbug1 said:
icic. When shrunk, it fits the EP630 and MX550 cable nicely. But for thicker cords, i think a larger one will be easier to fit in.

Filters are not interchangable between earphones i think. You will not want to risk it and discover that you cannot find filters for it. So i think the ER6i will be a better choice. Its much smaller too. Can disappear into your ear. The black version is quite nice and you can add your head shrink to it too. =:p I actually want to do it months ago but cannot find and forgot the size and lazy to find also. :s13: I got no experience with head shrink so dunno what to buy. I did post at sgheadphones for help but got no reply. :(
i c.. but i tot E6i balck is L shape jack? if so i dunno how to slot it in leh... i dun lyk Ety is due to it wear infront design instead of behind the ear... abt iM716 coz it built by Ety so i tot of it filter is the same... nvm... ans can alwasy b found in headfi.. haha... btw i find tt if u r changing the tips of E6i, the filter cums of easily...

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
AhHuat said:

thanks !

For sound isolation, higher dB better.
Impedance i dunno how to explain. :o Higher the value, the harder it is to drive.

theory_87 said:
i c.. but i tot E6i balck is L shape jack? if so i dunno how to slot it in leh... i dun lyk Ety is due to it wear infront design instead of behind the ear... abt iM716 coz it built by Ety so i tot of it filter is the same... nvm... ans can alwasy b found in headfi.. haha... btw i find tt if u r changing the tips of E6i, the filter cums of easily...

ER6i is L shape but the ear piece is small, can fit thru there. Too bad i sold my ER6i, if not, i can try on it. ER6i can be worn upside down with the cable going over the ear and back. SQ wise, no diff. I wear them this way but with the cord in front cos that time, i got no heat shrink. =:p

Filters are made of hard plastic (cannot stretch) and have different qualities, so its probably not interchangable.

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AhHuat said:

thanks !
for sound isolation, the higher the db, meaning more sound u can block out if u obtain a full seal.

impedance is more of how easy to drive the earphone. can someone correct me if i'm wrong? the lower, the easiler to drive

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
afbug1 said:
For sound isolation, higher dB better.
Impedance i dunno how to explain. :o Higher the value, the harder it is to drive.

ER6i is L shape but the ear piece is small, can fit thru there. Too bad i sold my ER6i, if not, i can try on it. ER6i can be worn upside down with the cable going over the ear and back. SQ wise, no diff. I wear them this way but with the cord in front cos that time, i got no heat shrink. =:p

Filters are made of hard plastic (cannot stretch) and have different qualities, so its probably not interchangable.
emm... actually i quite lyk Er6i after i feel it my ownself... on the pics i tot it hard plastic covering it but it actually a rubber :) and it actually quite small... nt as big as i tot wen inserted into my ear... anyone noe how much is stereo selling? jaben is selling at $220...

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
theory_87 said:
emm... actually i quite lyk Er6i after i feel it my ownself... on the pics i tot it hard plastic covering it but it actually a rubber :) and it actually quite small... nt as big as i tot wen inserted into my ear... anyone noe how much is stereo selling? jaben is selling at $220...

Around that price. ER6i buy online cheaper i guess. Approx US$80-100 plus shipping. ER6i is actually the lowest profile IEM. Once correctly inserted, it will sit quite deep in your ears.

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
afbug1 said:
Around that price. ER6i buy online cheaper i guess. Approx US$80-100 plus shipping. ER6i is actually the lowest profile IEM. Once correctly inserted, it will sit quite deep in your ears.
emm.. ok... gt to start hunting...

brianadam888

Reaction score
theory_87 said:
lowest i find online for Er6i is US$109... anyone found any lower?

IMO, it is better to buy the im716 @ US$69.97 since it enjoys the same sound signature as Ety.

Read from head-fi that ER6i < im716 <= ER4P/S

Will receive mine next week :s12:

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
brianadam888 said:
IMO, it is better to buy the im716 @ US$69.97 since it enjoys the same sound signature as Ety.

u order urs liao? coz the main problem is wif the filter.. and my money will only cum in on mon.. promo might b over.. iM716 as i stated earlier is really a steal...

brianadam888

Reaction score
theory_87 said:
u order urs liao? coz the main problem is wif the filter.. and my money will only cum in on mon.. promo might b over.. iM716 as i stated earlier is really a steal...

I ordered mine two weeks @ US$79.97 but Amazon is very kind to credit back US$10 :D

I agree that filter may be an issue as I dont see Altec selling them separately :s8:

Maybe you can check out at head-fi if there are posible replacement.

Hope the offer stays over the weekends :D

*** EDIT ***

I just found out that Atlec is selling the im716 accessories

Check here

Last edited:

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
brianadam888 said:
I ordered mine two weeks @ US$79.97 but Amazon is very kind to credit back US$10 :D

I agree that filter may be an issue as I dont see Altec selling them separately :s8:

*** EDIT ***

Check here
yup.. juz saw ur post at headfi too.. u bought using vPost? need CC?

brianadam888

Reaction score
theory_87 said:
yup.. juz saw ur post at headfi too.. u bought using vPost? need CC?

Yep, only way is to be shipped via vpost as Amazon isnt shipping it internationally.

Yes, CC is required.

Btw if you are keen to share the im716 filters (since I dont need 6 of them) let me know :D

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
brianadam888 said:
Yep, only way is to be shipped via vpost as Amazon isnt shipping it internationally.

Yes, CC is required.

Btw if you are keen to share the im716 filters (since I dont need 6 of them) let me know :D
****.. i dun haf CC.. but my dad have 1... but my mother cfm will noe it and nag at me lyk no tml.. emm... nvm... will discuss wif my dad abt it...

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
brianadam888 said:

*** EDIT ***

Check here
wad is vPost shipping charge? muz wait how long and u receive it liao?

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
theory_87 said:
lowest i find online for Er6i is US$109... anyone found any lower?

Lowest i see is US$85 onwards. You can cheack with EPS, idealsound and amazon. Normally a bit cheaper. BTW, your head shrink very useful. lol. I add them to my KSC75. Large L plug i also can put in. Stretch it a lot to fit. :s22:

brianadam888 said:

Oh you ordered the iM716? Hey post some pics and a review if possible when you got them. =:p I think no need to buy extra filters now cos the ones supplied will last for sometime. Buy only when you run out of filters or dun plan to upgrade the iM716. And they dun accept orders outside of USA.

From headfi, they said that it is difficult to drive them. Quite power hungry. See if its true or not.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.