Earphone Review: Battle of sub $80 in-ears earphones plus others!

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my iM716 juz shipped out of amazon.. hee... 1 more wk.. cant tahan liao...

kangaroobabe

Reaction score
hi guys, i got my PA2V2.. but there seems to be a problem bugging me when i use it with my UM1...
when i increase the volume, one side is significantly louder than the other. this continues until i on the volume real loud, den the vol on both sides is equal.
however, its onli the UM1, no such problems exist with the CK7 and the MS1.
anione can help?

Zephyron

Reaction score
^
Happened to my PINT before as well on occasion. Assuming the problem is the same, it should be the PA2V2's problem with one of its internal resistors maybe.

Try your UM1 with other sources. If prolem still persists, then it should be the UM1.

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
kangaroobabe said:
hi guys, i got my PA2V2.. but there seems to be a problem bugging me when i use it with my UM1...
when i increase the volume, one side is significantly louder than the other. this continues until i on the volume real loud, den the vol on both sides is equal.
however, its onli the UM1, no such problems exist with the CK7 and the MS1.
anione can help?

Strange! Mine is fine with all earphones/headphones. Maybe you should consult Gary about this. And check your UM1 with other source too.

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
arron juz ask me for info abt iM716... he say if the price r rite, he might bring it in to sg... hee...

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
theory_87 said:
arron juz ask me for info abt iM716... he say if the price r rite, he might bring it in to sg... hee...

You bring yours and let him audition. :s13:

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
afbug1 said:
You bring yours and let him audition. :s13:
haha.. i told him i'll go visit stereo wif my im716 when it arrive... coz i most pro need get a gd tip...

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
theory_87 said:
haha.. i told him i'll go visit stereo wif my im716 when it arrive... coz i most pro need get a gd tip...

One of the weekends i will be going too. Want to get some accessories. Maybe we can meet and go together, so can try im716 and er4p. =:p

kangaroobabe

Reaction score
:s13: for some reason the vol is not tat obvious in difference now.. its ok to me now.. haha guess its the um1 ..

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
afbug1 said:
One of the weekends i will be going too. Want to get some accessories. Maybe we can meet and go together, so can try im716 and er4p. =:p
haha.. ok... will post here wen ok my iM716 arrive...

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
kangaroobabe said:
:s13: for some reason the vol is not tat obvious in difference now.. its ok to me now.. haha guess its the um1 ..

Becareful with those Westones man. Thou rugged, they're still earphones and have only 1 year warranty Vs Gary's lifetime for PA2V2. ;)

theory_87: ok! You can sms me also to arrange.

kangaroobabe

Reaction score
alright i emailed Gary and he was fast.. wrote me a essay for my qn and replied in like 10mins :s31:

he says that the potentiometer he uses will cause an imbalance in volume in my UM1s at low volumes. So a possible solution would be using a level attenuator so i can lower my ipod vol and turn up the vol on my PA2V2. this will bypass the imbalance experienced earlier on.

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
kangaroobabe said:
alright i emailed Gary and he was fast.. wrote me a essay for my qn and replied in like 10mins :s31:

he says that the potentiometer he uses will cause an imbalance in volume in my UM1s at low volumes. So a possible solution would be using a level attenuator so i can lower my ipod vol and turn up the vol on my PA2V2. this will bypass the imbalance experienced earlier on.

Oh yeah. Gary is certainly one of the more amazing guys in head phones. His replies are never 1 liner and always fast. I wonder how he cope with all the emails and replying them in essay length to all time zones. :s22:

Ety is another one amazing company. They sent me some sample foams, case and smartwrap to get the most out of my ER4. :s31:

I dun have any problems with my PA2V2 with any earphones. A level attenuator from Shure dun cost much. $16 i think? Stereo got sell.

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
kangaroobabe said:
its arnd 20 i guess... seems like i have to make another trip to Stereo :s13:

But seriously, the diff between amped and unamped for UM1 is that great meh? I dun think so leh. But its got to do with your player as well. Some syneryize well some dun. You have to consider the extra cost and hassle of an additional level attenuator and amp. For me, i lazy to bring those out. Just my player and earphones can liao. ;)

Last edited:

koljaho

Reaction score
afbug1 said:
But seriously, the diff between amped and unamped for UM1 is that great meh? I dun think so leh. But its got to do with your player as well. Some syneryize well some dun. You have to consider the extra cost and hassle of an additional level attenuator and amp. For me, i lazy to bring those out. Just my player and earphones can liao. ;)

Agree. It will be too much of a hassle for me to bring out so many things. Thats why i dropped the idea of getting the ampflier from Gary. If you want to try the volume adjuster from shure we can always meet up to try before you get one.....may it don't works?

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
kangaroobabe said:
oh i always bring them along now... safe in my bag lol.

You ichying to spend more $$$ issit? :D If so, i recommend a cable upgrade for the stock interconnects that came with the PA2V2. Try a Cardas HPI. Not too ex but its a significant (To my ears) upgrade to the stock ones.

http://users.mwconnections.com/traudio/Cardas.html

lol Kol same as me. Lazy to bring too many stuff out. =:p

koljaho

Reaction score
hehe! is like defeat the purpose of getting a portable player. But if you those very rugged type and have a large bag, then i think is not really a hassle. For me I don't usually put my mp3 in my bag, so i can't really have an amplifier and stuff like that attached to my mp3. hehe.

rucifer

Reaction score
Hi all, been trying to look for a good ear piece, had never bought something good before. Was quite interested with the Cresyn LMX 630 one, however cant see to find 1 in sls? tried to search in alot shops already, any kind souls can tell me which shop sell it and roughly the price now? Thanks alot

It would be good that if there are other recommandation, my budget is $50, sound quality and comfort is a important factor to me, bass is still ok for me.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.