Earphone Review: Battle of sub $80 in-ears earphones plus others!

Constant

Master Member
Reaction score
Constant said:
I want to get a Panasonic RP-HJE50. Does anybody knows where to get it at the lowest price???Sim Lim Square??? or coming PC Show or where??? :s22: :s11:

Anybody??? :s11: :s11:

Max111

Reaction score
think stereo electronics at causeway pt selling it at $42. not sure if thats e lowest but prices there are generally quite reasonable. :)

Stereo_Electronics

Reaction score
Max111 said:
think stereo electronics at causeway pt selling it at $42. not sure if thats e lowest but prices there are generally quite reasonable. :)

Paiseh, $42 should be Cresyn E630..... Panasonic HJE-50 is $55, definitely not the cheapest but also not expensive too. :s7:

xllms

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Constant said:
Anybody??? :s11: :s11:

hi constant, i have one set of hardly used HJE-50 willing to let go at $40...bought during CNY tis year

if you are interested, do let me know

xllms

Max111

Reaction score
Stereo_Electronics said:
Paiseh, $42 should be Cresyn E630..... Panasonic HJE-50 is $55, definitely not the cheapest but also not expensive too. :s7:

paiseh, wrong info..... :D

Max111

Reaction score
hope this is not a silly qn... just wondering why do u need to modify a triflange tip to a biflange when u can just buy a biflange?

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Max111 said:
hope this is not a silly qn... just wondering why do u need to modify a triflange tip to a biflange when u can just buy a biflange?
bcoz the size of a biflange tip and triflange converted tip size is diff....

Max111

Reaction score
theory_87 said:
bcoz the size of a biflange tip and triflange converted tip size is diff....

icic, thks. in terms of size, biflange or triflange converterd tip closer to e size of e short comply tip? e std comply tip a bit too long, tends to stick out :)

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
Max111 said:

So you get to try on the triflange first before converting them. At lot of ppl have the perception that more flange = more isolation. But that is really not the case. It depends a lot on the shape of your ears and how the tip can conform and seal it. Most people will find the biflange a better choice for use on Westones.

And they're not easy to get. Where can i buy biflanges? I only know Etymotic selling biflanges but where stocks them? I dunno so i use triflanges. :o

Max111

Reaction score
afbug1 said:
So you get to try on the triflange first before converting them. At lot of ppl have the perception that more flange = more isolation. But that is really not the case. It depends a lot on the shape of your ears and how the tip can conform and seal it. Most people will find the biflange a better choice for use on Westones.

And they're not easy to get. Where can i buy biflanges? I only know Etymotic selling biflanges but where stocks them? I dunno so i use triflanges. :o

actually only get to try shure grey tip (when auditioning) and e 2 comply tips included in e package. then read yr comments on e different tips but din noe wats e diff between biflange n triflange converted. thanks theory 87 for clarifying :)

xllms

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
afbug1 said:

stereo electronics now has Ety's bi & tri-flanges

i tried the both of them for my um1...ended up getting the tri-flanges as it offers better isolation n fits my ears better

xllms

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
xllms said:
stereo electronics now has Ety's bi & tri-flanges

i tried the both of them for my um1...ended up getting the tri-flanges as it offers better isolation n fits my ears better

xllms

I see. Stereo ones are converted triflanges or 5 pairs of Ety biflanges in a pack?

xllms

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
afbug1 said:
I see. Stereo ones are converted triflanges or 5 pairs of Ety biflanges in a pack?

individual pair...$9 per pair...they have bi-flanges n tri-flanges

xllms

John010

Reaction score
Can they allow testing of different flanges or tips before buying? cos i dun know which is better for me.

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
iM716 is very hard to drive... thinking of trading it for Er6i, Avanova or UM1...

qaar88

Reaction score
So whats the difference in terms of sound quality between biflange, triflange and biflange modified from triflange tips? also how does the shure soft flex affects the sound?

I am using a Cresyn E630 now and is looking for eartips that will give me better isolation, any recommendations?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.