HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

bslim67

Reaction score
hplanet said:
Take a FREE Shuttle Bus from the HK Airport and say you will like to go to your nearest hotel!!

MTR route is better for you to go back singapore and check in at Central MTR station.

Hi,

May I know where can I take the free shuttle bus? And does the bus goes to Metropole Hotel? How is the frequency ?
By the way, this is the first time that I heard of free shuttle bus. Thanks for your info.

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
hplanet said:
Take a FREE Shuttle Bus from the HK Airport and say you will like to go to your nearest hotel!!

MTR route is better for you to go back singapore and check in at Central MTR station.

got FREE one meh??? :s22:

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
hplanet said:

Pls lah, The MTR shuttle is for passengers who took the airport express trains to or from either Kowloon or Hong Kong stations, they provide this shuttle bus from these TWO stations and not the AIRPORT.
Pls get ur facts right b4 posting.

More information on the frequency and which hotels it serve is avaliable @
http://www.mtr.com.hk/eng/train/ae_compli_e.htm

bslim67

Reaction score
CharmanderWong said:
Pls lah, The MTR shuttle is for passengers who took the airport express trains to or from either Kowloon or Hong Kong stations, they provide this shuttle bus from these TWO stations and not the AIRPORT.

More information on the frequency and which hotels it serve is avaliable @

Hi Wong,

Thanks for your info. Anyway, I had find out that there will be two way transfer for Metropole Hotel guest.

hplanet

Reaction score
bslim67 said:
Hi,

May I know where can I take the free shuttle bus? And does the bus goes to Metropole Hotel? How is the frequency ?
By the way, this is the first time that I heard of free shuttle bus. Thanks for your info.

THuis website a bit outdated they also go to desert wesview where i last stay there 2 year back

Actually you are wrong they actually send to DIRECT to your hotel!!

If you do not believe me i will go during August to try it out and take some photos then...

Oh yes i also do not mind if you provide me tickets to go there and prove it to you lah

Just go to the Airport MTR Infomation counter and ask them...

Tell them you will like to go which hotel and ask them.

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
hplanet said:
THuis website a bit outdated they also go to desert wesview where i last stay there 2 year back

Actually you are wrong they actually send to DIRECT to your hotel!!

If you do not believe me i will go during August to try it out and take some photos then...

Oh yes i also do not mind if you provide me tickets to go there and prove it to you lah

Just go to the Airport MTR Infomation counter and ask them...

Tell them you will like to go which hotel and ask them.

Just to clarify, the shuttle provided by MTR does send u direct to ur hotel, and its free, but provided u have to use their Airport express train services. These shuttles will bring you from Kowloon station and HK stations of the MTR Airport express line to any of the hotels on its route.

No one will provide u a free shuttle from the airport to hotels at TST/HK island at absolutely no cost.

franky

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bslim67 said:
Hi all,

Does anyone know which is the cheapest way to travel from HK airport to KowLoon?

And also, how much will it cost per person if I were to travel by MTR?

Thanks

Which part of Kowloon? The cheapest is by bus. A21 cost HKD$33 per trip and would pass through Mongkok, Yau Ma Tei, Jordan and Tsim Sha Tsui.

You can refer to these:
http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/aguide/bus.html
http://www.citybus.com.hk/eng/RouSer/RouteSearch/busroute_info.asp?route=A21&routetype=D&company=5

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
CharmanderWong said:
Just to clarify, the shuttle provided by MTR does send u direct to ur hotel, and its free, but provided u have to use their Airport express train services. These shuttles will bring you from Kowloon station and HK stations of the MTR Airport express line to any of the hotels on its route.

No one will provide u a free shuttle from the airport to hotels at TST/HK island at absolutely no cost.

No need to use Airport express train services also can take....

I always use it for convenience to various places such as tst, jordan, hunghom or mongkok... :s13: alot hong kongers also do that....

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
mosmos said:
No need to use Airport express train services also can take....

I always use it for convenience to various places such as tst, jordan, hunghom or mongkok... :s13: alot hong kongers also do that....
Lol but its not from airport rite?

mikafire

Reaction score
bslim67 said:
Hi all,

Does anyone know which is the cheapest way to travel from HK airport to KowLoon?

And also, how much will it cost per person if I were to travel by MTR?

Thanks
franky said:
Which part of Kowloon? The cheapest is by bus. A21 cost HKD$33 per trip and would pass through Mongkok, Yau Ma Tei, Jordan and Tsim Sha Tsui.

You can refer to these:
http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/aguide/bus.html
http://www.citybus.com.hk/eng/RouSer/RouteSearch/busroute_info.asp?route=A21&routetype=D&company=5
A21 is cheap(HK$33) n fast (30min 2 kowloon)..cheapest is public bus E21 (HK$14) but slow 2 kowloon (arnd 1+hr)

enjoy :)

bh0322

Reaction score
anyone has idea the name of the hotel which the 2 singaporeans contracted SARs?

I am planning to stay in Dorsett Olympic hotel which is in Mongkok, any comments on it? I cant find the location of it on the map so I am not sure whether is it accessible to any MTR station.

Last edited:

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
bh0322 said:
anyone has idea the name of the hotel which the 2 singaporeans contracted SARs?

Metropolitan Hotel

bh0322 said:
I am planning to stay in Dorsett Olympic hotel which is in Mongkok, any comments on it? I cant find the location of it on the map so I am not sure whether is it accessible to any MTR station.

Some info, map and photos of Dorsett Olympic Hotel: http://www.kktravel.com/hk_hotel_summary/olympic/olp.htm

Its a 15~20mins walk to Monkok MTR station and about 10mins walk to Olympic MTR station on the Tung Chung line.

:)

Last edited:

Cold_Zero

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hplanet said:

So which hotel would be recommended? I am going next month free and easy. Just want a hotel to dump my things, shower and sleep. a 3 stars would be good enough. cheap one, like our hotel81.

Last edited:

bh0322

Reaction score
noelnoel said:
Cosmic Guest House
3 person room
$18 per night per person

do these guest house have any private bathrooms? I went to websites of these guest houses but they did not mention whether is there any private bathrooms.

lbcben

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if just WANT to sleep, and dump thing in room, here's one...www.dragoninnhk.com

For 2 person in a room with private bathroom, cost only $53(HK$260) per night.

Why recommend this hostel cos

1. ONLY 2 min walk to MongKok station exit D2, super convenient, REMEMBER this location
is the HEART of MongKok
2. ONLY 2 min walk to Ladies Market
3. It's cheap, and location in MongKok is the best
4. Room might be small but SUPER CLEAN, I mean REAL clean, toilet title normally got dark
mould, but this hostel no mould, 10000% clean
5. Cheap, good location, and clean, there;s no reason why you wouldn't want to stay
6. Mineral water provided(like those found in your office pantry
7. Room no frige, outside common area
8. Wireless internet access, be sure to bnring your laptop.
6. Btw, this is definitely NOT a place for hooker for bonking session, mainly for Backpacker

ONLY reason why ppl avoid this place, are classified under the following factors(to me, this is not important)
1. 1st impression of hostel building, super turn off, but when reach your room, it's fine
already, cos of cleaniness
2. It's a hostel NOT a hotel
3. Your wife/girlfriend might comment why you so cheapo to book such a place.

How to go, simple as ABC

1. Take A21 cost HKD$33
2. Drop at Bus Stop 6
3. In front of you see a junction, just turn LEFT
4. Cross 1st small traffic light, Cross 2nd traffic light, and the building is IT.
5. Press lift 14th floor, go to 1406 unit.
6. Check In
That's all.

For my trip, I always take JetstarAsia
Ticket + Tax = $330
Hostel stay = $50++ x 4 Night = $200
Total = $530

How to Book
Just CALL direct to book, no deposit/no tax, nothing.
Cos the owner very easy-going.

Don't book from online agency

eg. from http://www.hostelworld.com/availability.php/AhShanHostelHongKong-Kowloon-5054

Total of 4 night cost $237 thru agency
Total of 4 night cost $200-$210(if book yourself)

NOTE: Ah Shan Hostel& Dragoninn Hostel are the SAME, just that they happy, put 2 names there.

Outside, comparing with agency, you can never get this price INCLUDING AIRPORT TAX.

Last edited:

devilish_me

Reaction score

kHyber_pass

Reaction score
good write up bro! just came across this thread from a google search on disneyland.

just to clarify though, dragon hostel (7th floor) is different from dragon inn aka ah shan hostel (14th floor)

but the rest that you write, spot on! nice to see forumers share information, unlike some peep over here who divulges cheap room rates, low exchange rates, etc but do not share the place:)

anyway to add, there are an abundance of late night food stalls just below the hostel (i.e. 24hr porridge shop, which tastes damn good), 24hr video shops, 24hr newsstands, so you'll never be bored!

lbcben said:
if just WANT to sleep, and dump thing in room, here's one...www.dragoninnhk.com

For 2 person in a room with private bathroom, cost only $53(HK$260) per night.

Why recommend this hostel cos

1. ONLY 2 min walk to MongKok station exit D2, super convenient, REMEMBER this location
is the HEART of MongKok
2. ONLY 2 min walk to Ladies Market
3. It's cheap, and location in MongKok is the best
4. Room might be small but SUPER CLEAN, I mean REAL clean, toilet title normally got dark
mould, but this hostel no mould, 10000% clean
5. Cheap, good location, and clean, there;s no reason why you wouldn't want to stay
6. Mineral water provided(like those found in your office pantry
7. Room no frige, outside common area
8. Wireless internet access, be sure to bnring your laptop.
6. Btw, this is definitely NOT a place for hooker for bonking session, mainly for Backpacker

ONLY reason why ppl avoid this place, are classified under the following factors(to me, this is not important)
1. 1st impression of hostel building, super turn off, but when reach your room, it's fine
already, cos of cleaniness
2. It's a hostel NOT a hotel
3. Your wife/girlfriend might comment why you so cheapo to book such a place.

How to go, simple as ABC

1. Take A21 cost HKD$33
2. Drop at Bus Stop 6
3. In front of you see a junction, just turn LEFT
4. Cross 1st small traffic light, Cross 2nd traffic light, and the building is IT.
5. Press lift 14th floor, go to 1406 unit.
6. Check In
That's all.

For my trip, I always take JetstarAsia
Ticket + Tax = $330
Hostel stay = $50++ x 4 Night = $200
Total = $530

How to Book
Just CALL direct to book, no deposit/no tax, nothing.
Cos the owner very easy-going.

Don't book from online agency

eg. from http://www.hostelworld.com/availability.php/AhShanHostelHongKong-Kowloon-5054

Total of 4 night cost $237 thru agency
Total of 4 night cost $200-$210(if book yourself)

NOTE: Ah Shan Hostel& Dragoninn Hostel are the SAME, just that they happy, put 2 names there.

Outside, comparing with agency, you can never get this price INCLUDING AIRPORT TAX.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.