HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

hplanet

Reaction score
CharmanderWong said:
oh Gosh...

ok i said it once already, and here goes again, this shuttle services operates from the Airport express stations respectively from Kowloon and Hong Kong stations and not the Airport itself. To get to the airport express stations, u have to use the airport express trains from the airport itself, then u can board this services to ur respective hotels/ hotspots.

Airport --> Airport Express train services --> Hong Kong/Kowloon stations --> H1/2 K1/2/3/4/5 --> Hotels/Hotspots.

NOt preety sure but will verfiy this during my august 2006 trip... just got a new camera to standby to go there and take photos...

kHyber_pass

Reaction score
this is correct

info can easily be verified thru net

cheers

CharmanderWong said:
oh Gosh...

ok i said it once already, and here goes again, this shuttle services operates from the Airport express stations respectively from Kowloon and Hong Kong stations and not the Airport itself. To get to the airport express stations, u have to use the airport express trains from the airport itself, then u can board this services to ur respective hotels/ hotspots.

Airport --> Airport Express train services --> Hong Kong/Kowloon stations --> H1/2 K1/2/3/4/5 --> Hotels/Hotspots.

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
Cheapest way(and most troblesome):
Take S1 from airport to Tung Chung MRT and take the train to the MTR station near ur hotel, will not cost more than HK$20. This will take some time. but its value for $$, HKers does this too.

Fastest way:
Take airport express to Kowloon/Hong Kong Airport express station and take a cab, shld not spend more than 40mins to ur hotel. this method issnt cheap but it will get to where u want quickly.

Average way:
Take Citybus Cityflyer(A11,A12,A21,A22) to the bus stop near ur hotel, fast and cheap, heres the route map of the CityFlyer services.
http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showpost.php?p=17091330&postcount=14

meatball

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yay! going HK this july. right smack in the middle of their summer sales! song ah!! =:p

just booked the hotel and airtix. spent $482 for 5D4N. i guess it's reasonable lah. going Free and Easy. :D

买东西, 吃东西,买东西, 吃东西,买东西, 吃东西,买东西, 吃东西 !!! :D :D

eleven44

Reaction score
meatball said:
yay! going HK this july. right smack in the middle of their summer sales! song ah!! =:p

just booked the hotel and airtix. spent $482 for 5D4N. i guess it's reasonable lah. going Free and Easy. :D

which hotel is it?

jetstar right? i caught onto the promotion too. only $238 for air tix.

devilish_me

Reaction score
eleven44 said:
which hotel is it?

jetstar right? i caught onto the promotion too. only $238 for air tix.

SO CHEAP??!!! i paid more than $360 for the airtic to HK end Jun

strawwy

Reaction score
Macau

Hi,

Will be going to HK next week. I've book my tixs with United Airlines @$399 per pax. Going for a short 4D3N trip. Have not decide on which hotel or hostel to book. Any recommendations of good hostel that are safe and clean? Is hostel a place safe for 2 gals travelling...?? :s11:

MACAU
We intend to spend a day in Macau. My first time to Macau. How to get to Macau? I noe is by ferry but where to buy the tickets and where is the ferry terminal? How to get there from Mongkok? Intend to stay near Mongkok or Tsim Sha Tsui Area. What can I do at Macau? Do I approach the Tour operator there or do my own sight seeing? Is the taxi there expensive? Is Macau a place worth going?

DISNEYLAND
We havent decided on whether to go Disneyland also. anyone been there already? Can share if it's worth to go?

Any other places worth going? As this is a short trip, only intend to go for 2 or 3 sightseeing places and spend the rest of the time for Shopping & Eating.. :s13:

Hope can get some replies here.... :D

devilish_me

Reaction score
strawwy said:
Hi,

Will be going to HK next week. I've book my tixs with United Airlines @$399 per pax. Going for a short 4D3N trip. Have not decide on which hotel or hostel to book. Any recommendations of good hostel that are safe and clean? Is hostel a place safe for 2 gals travelling...?? :s11:

MACAU
We intend to spend a day in Macau. My first time to Macau. How to get to Macau? I noe is by ferry but where to buy the tickets and where is the ferry terminal? How to get there from Mongkok? Intend to stay near Mongkok or Tsim Sha Tsui Area. What can I do at Macau? Do I approach the Tour operator there or do my own sight seeing? Is the taxi there expensive? Is Macau a place worth going?

DISNEYLAND
We havent decided on whether to go Disneyland also. anyone been there already? Can share if it's worth to go?

Any other places worth going? As this is a short trip, only intend to go for 2 or 3 sightseeing places and spend the rest of the time for Shopping & Eating.. :s13:

Hope can get some replies here.... :D

my galfren and i going end jun. have booked a room at the infamous chungking. a little apprehensive at first 'cos 2 gals mah but arghh..what the heck!

anyway..am also planning to visit macau, lantau and if got time..disney as well but even with my 5D4N..i'm not sure if i can accomplish so much???!!

too bad you aren't going the same period as us...otherwise can get together? 4 gals at least might scare away the thugs :D

jaymz21

Reaction score
strawwy said:
Hi,

$399 including taxes and surcharges? you bought direct from UA website?

jaymz21

Reaction score
devilish_me said:
my galfren and i going end jun. have booked a room at the infamous chungking. a little apprehensive at first 'cos 2 gals mah but arghh..what the heck!

anyway..am also planning to visit macau, lantau and if got time..disney as well but even with my 5D4N..i'm not sure if i can accomplish so much???!!

too bad you aren't going the same period as us...otherwise can get together? 4 gals at least might scare away the thugs :D

you can skip disneyland. its quite small. if u want, u should go to the one in Tokyo. Macau however, would be a good choice to spend 1 day.

devilish_me

Reaction score
jaymz21 said:
you can skip disneyland. its quite small. if u want, u should go to the one in Tokyo. Macau however, would be a good choice to spend 1 day.

tokyo one already small..you mean HK one even smaller???!?!! eeks
ok..then forget it..i'd rather check out macau and lantau..and then shop till i drop!

jaymz21

Reaction score
meatball said:

482 for 5D4N is quite cheap. i'm going in end july. however, if i book the airtix and hotel online, its gonna cost me arnd 760/pax inclusive of taxes and surcharges.

care to elaborate more on ur hotel and airline? plus, ur 482/pax is inclusive of taxes?

jaymz21

Reaction score
devilish_me said:
tokyo one already small..you mean HK one even smaller???!?!! eeks
ok..then forget it..i'd rather check out macau and lantau..and then shop till i drop!

if tokyo is small to u, then hong kong's one is confirmed gone case la.. my aunts and cousins who went all complaining like dunno wat. the only good thing is cos of the smaller crowd, u may get to take more rides as compared to the horror queues u get in tokyo / us and other countries.

shop till drop is good... for us, we gonna eat till explode this time. :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.