HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

strawwy

Reaction score
devilish_me said:
my galfren and i going end jun. have booked a room at the infamous chungking. a little apprehensive at first 'cos 2 gals mah but arghh..what the heck!

anyway..am also planning to visit macau, lantau and if got time..disney as well but even with my 5D4N..i'm not sure if i can accomplish so much???!!

too bad you aren't going the same period as us...otherwise can get together? 4 gals at least might scare away the thugs :D

You mean u have booked a room at Chungking Mansions? What's the hostel name?
We have actually listed Li's Hostel. Mirador Hostel & Hong Kong Budget Hostel as our choice of hostel. Most likely to choose Hong Kong Budget Hostel as it's in Mongkok. The other two is located in Tsim Sha Tsui..

Still wondering if Macau is good to go as we are afraid of getting lost there. hahaha.. :s13:

Looks like going to give Disney a miss too... maybe just concentrate on Macau, Lantau n SHOPPING!!! :s13: :s12:

jaymz21

Reaction score
dun think you'll get lost in macau... its not exactly a big place so should be ok.

anyway, thanks for the tip. i've been monitoring UA's webby for the past few months. waiting for the price to drop after the current promo ends. going in july.

but you ladies seem to really wanna maximise ur budget for shopping by staying at hostels huh.. i guess i'm more picky when it comes to accomodations. need to be of a certain standard. sigh.. :s22:

strawwy

Reaction score
jaymz21 said:
dun think you'll get lost in macau... its not exactly a big place so should be ok.

anyway, thanks for the tip. i've been monitoring UA's webby for the past few months. waiting for the price to drop after the current promo ends. going in july.

but you ladies seem to really wanna maximise ur budget for shopping by staying at hostels huh.. i guess i'm more picky when it comes to accomodations. need to be of a certain standard. sigh.. :s22:

This is the first time we are staying at hostel also. my last two trips to HK we stayed at Prudential Hotel. This trip was actually planned last minute thats y opted for hostel to save cost as airtix already quite exp. actually intended to go in Aug but some reasons thats y changed to June, to be in time for the summer sale... :D

BTW.. anyone noes any info on where to get a map of Macau??

noelnoel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
devilish_me said:
my galfren and i going end jun. have booked a room at the infamous chungking. a little apprehensive at first 'cos 2 gals mah but arghh..what the heck!

anyway..am also planning to visit macau, lantau and if got time..disney as well but even with my 5D4N..i'm not sure if i can accomplish so much???!!

too bad you aren't going the same period as us...otherwise can get together? 4 gals at least might scare away the thugs :D
the area is full of banglasand africans late at night even until 4am
they just loiter around everywhere especialy outside 7-11
i used to live at the mirando mansion just down the road
3am i came back from pub still have to queue for the lift loh
anyway the area is not that very safe late night especially for girls

noelnoel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
strawwy said:
This is the first time we are staying at hostel also. my last two trips to HK we stayed at Prudential Hotel. This trip was actually planned last minute thats y opted for hostel to save cost as airtix already quite exp. actually intended to go in Aug but some reasons thats y changed to June, to be in time for the summer sale... :D

BTW.. anyone noes any info on where to get a map of Macau??
u can get the map from the macau airport
and if you are taking bus, please prepare some coins
around $3.30 per trip iirc

devilish_me

Reaction score
strawwy said:
We have actually listed Li's Hostel. Mirador Hostel & Hong Kong Budget Hostel as our choice of hostel. Most likely to choose Hong Kong Budget Hostel as it's in Mongkok. The other two is located in Tsim Sha Tsui..

Still wondering if Macau is good to go as we are afraid of getting lost there. hahaha.. :s13:

Looks like going to give Disney a miss too... maybe just concentrate on Macau, Lantau n SHOPPING!!! :s13: :s12:

yah..i've booked Li's Hostel. think it'll be interesting..i've never really stayed at a backpacker/s or hostel before...i'm looking fwd to it

devilish_me

Reaction score
noelnoel said:
the area is full of banglasand africans late at night even until 4am
they just loiter around everywhere especialy outside 7-11
i used to live at the mirando mansion just down the road
3am i came back from pub still have to queue for the lift loh
anyway the area is not that very safe late night especially for girls

thanks for the warning..i've heard of them too...will take extra care. my hostel's lift access is right in front...so i think we're not too 'endangered' right?!

strawwy

Reaction score
noelnoel said:
u can get the map from the macau airport
and if you are taking bus, please prepare some coins
around $3.30 per trip iirc

I am going Macau by feryy... do you think i can get the macau map @ HK airport?

kHyber_pass

Reaction score
chungking alot of ah nehs, esp at night. plus the place looks kinda rundown, so u might get some shudders at night.

get some safety device if it makes u feel safer (i.e. those piercing alarm - sg sell 8 to 12)

if anyone still looking for hostel, try the dragon hostel (or another forummer's suggestion, ah shan hostel). both have websites, and are GUARANTEED GOOD (amenities and service). location is BEST. price is CHEAP.

have fun:)

i will be gg in july, 224 for airfare (jetstar $59 special), and 5d4n twin room is 256 (for 2 persons).

p.s. (cheaper rooms, i.e. 220 for 5d4n are avail too, no windows though)

Last edited:

noelnoel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
strawwy said:
I am going Macau by feryy... do you think i can get the macau map @ HK airport?
not sure about that
but for the ferry terminal to macau
you can get one :)

Cold_Zero

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how long does it take to travel by ferry from macau over to hongkong? if i take tiger air to macau then ferry to hk, at the sametime, i can visit 2 places and save on my air fare.

hubster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cold_Zero said:
how long does it take to travel by ferry from macau over to hongkong? if i take tiger air to macau then ferry to hk, at the sametime, i can visit 2 places and save on my air fare.
Macau to HK journey bout 60-75min @ HKD$130-$140 one way

meatball

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
eleven44 said:
which hotel is it?

jetstar right? i caught onto the promotion too. only $238 for air tix.

staying at stanford.

yup there was a promo @ $224 but no more liao. :o

meatball

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
jaymz21 said:
482 for 5D4N is quite cheap. i'm going in end july. however, if i book the airtix and hotel online, its gonna cost me arnd 760/pax inclusive of taxes and surcharges.

care to elaborate more on ur hotel and airline? plus, ur 482/pax is inclusive of taxes?

wow why yours so ex? i am flying by jetstar. hotel is quite cheap leh. divided by 3 people. going with my girlfriends! :D it's about sg35-38 per night! :D :s12:

meatball

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh anyone knows what time is the last ferry from macau back to hk? =:p

hplanet

Reaction score

hplanet

Reaction score
meatball said:
yay! going HK this july. right smack in the middle of their summer sales! song ah!! =:p

just booked the hotel and airtix. spent $482 for 5D4N. i guess it's reasonable lah. going Free and Easy. :D

买东西, 吃东西,买东西, 吃东西,买东西, 吃东西,买东西, 吃东西 !!! :D :D

Before you got there you shop until you drop to read this
Hong Kong Shopping Festival 2006

http://www.asiatraveltips.com/news06/136-HongKongShoppingFestival.shtml
http://www.thisistravel.co.uk/trave...ticle.html?in_article_id=46577&in_page_id=118

Have find and go to suntec HKTB to get a shopping festival coupon 1st lah!!

hplanet

Reaction score
strawwy said:
Hi,

Will be going to HK next week. I've book my tixs with United Airlines @$399 per pax. Going for a short 4D3N trip. Have not decide on which hotel or hostel to book. Any recommendations of good hostel that are safe and clean? Is hostel a place safe for 2 gals travelling...?? :s11:

MACAU
We intend to spend a day in Macau. My first time to Macau. How to get to Macau? I noe is by ferry but where to buy the tickets and where is the ferry terminal? How to get there from Mongkok? Intend to stay near Mongkok or Tsim Sha Tsui Area. What can I do at Macau? Do I approach the Tour operator there or do my own sight seeing? Is the taxi there expensive? Is Macau a place worth going?

DISNEYLAND
We havent decided on whether to go Disneyland also. anyone been there already? Can share if it's worth to go?

Any other places worth going? As this is a short trip, only intend to go for 2 or 3 sightseeing places and spend the rest of the time for Shopping & Eating.. :s13:

Hope can get some replies here.... :D

Is hostel a place safe for 2 gals travelling? Answer yes if only you find the right hostel...
TRY www.yesinn.com

Macau
There a 1 day tour program you can take part but prepare to pay tips...

Disneyland HK
Disneyland in HK just Launch a new ride feature CARS rides.. Which i am going to try during this Aug or Sept.

HK is easy access with transport but however if you feel lazy and do not might to be a carrot head then join the HK day tour at any tour operater when you got there...

hplanet

Reaction score
strawwy said:

Actually the local will shop at Time Square area Causeway Bay to see the real HK life...

Monkok is a bit like Orchard Rd... :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.