HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

hplanet

Reaction score
strawwy said:
BTW.. anyone noes any info on where to get a map of Macau??

For summer SALE in HK get a booklet from HKTB at suntec area...

BTW.. anyone noes any info on where to get a map of Macau??

you can get it at the Macau Tourist Board at the Macau ferry.

I can pass you my Macau map if you want just PM me..

hplanet

Reaction score
noelnoel said:
u can get the map from the macau airport
and if you are taking bus, please prepare some coins
around $3.30 per trip iirc

macau ferry got liao just ask the local and they know and if you cannot find get from the tour operater lah

hplanet

Reaction score
strawwy said:
I am going Macau by feryy... do you think i can get the macau map @ HK airport?

do you think i can get the macau map @ HK airport?

No you cannot they are diff country but under same central China but diff rules for 50 year unchange polices.

Go Macaus ferry and you can PM me to get from me...

hplanet

Reaction score
meatball said:
oh anyone knows what time is the last ferry from macau back to hk? =:p

They are 24 hours 7 day a week.

But however you might not find any last train at HK MTR they close around 2359hrs

So end up you have to take taxi lah.

dolphingalgal

Reaction score
wah!!! i'll be going to HK in this August..i've also plan for my itenarary ler..hehe..those EXPERTS please help me to check and see is this plan works???? Thanks A lot....hehe..

Day 1:

8.05am flight by cathay
12.00pm reach HK Airport (Buy Octopus Card, Collect Map)
3 check in YMCA International Hotel
3.30 Visit Victoria Peak -> Repulse Bay -> Aberdeen Village (Should i join half day city tour by travel agent)
5 Stanley Market (Close at 6pm)
7 walk arouund Lan Kwai Fong, SOHO
10 take mrt back to hotel (Yau Ma Tei)

Day 2:

9am Breakfast
11.45 Tour to Lantau (Cheung Sa Beach, Tai O, Po Lin Big BUddha) Should i join tour
guide over there?
Should be almost one day
10pm Temple Street

Day 3:

Day Trip to Disneyland

Day 4:

9am Breakfast
11 Wong Tai SIn Temple
2pm Lam Tsuen Wishing Tree (Tai Po)
4 Back to Tsim Tsa Tsui
Walk along Promenade to HK Space Museum, Cultural Central, Clock Tower,
Harbour City (Try Sweet Dynasty)
8 Avenue of Stars (fireworks)
9 Ladies Street

Day 5:

9am Breakfast
Check Out Hotel
Walk along Mongkok & Yau Ma Tei
- Yuen Po Street Bird Garden
- Flower Market
- Goldfish Market
- Fa Yuen Sreet
- Ladies Market
- Shanghai Street
- Tin Han Temple
6pm go airport
8 depart from HK airport

please please help me to check ya...if anything impossible or cant work out, please let me know ya..

TQTQ :s12:

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
Wah, ur itenarary all places of interest one ah, what happen to ur 买东西,吃东西,买东西,吃东西?

ok, ur day one hor, i think if u dun join day tour it will be better,
Visit Repulse bay/ Stanley market first, and cancel out the aberden market, nothing much there, then have some dinner at central(try cafe de coral), visit the peak at around 7pm+ and see the night skyline. Then take a bus down (NWFB Svc 15) and visit LKF/SOHO, and then go causway bay walk walk la, take train back at ard 11+ or bus also can. HK is still very alive at 10pm++ unlike singapore.

Day2 i suggest u join day tour as its not easy to get to these places.

Day4, i think here's where u have to do some shopping, after u come back TST, just breifly walk and see the Clock tower etc etc, i suggest u to take a star ferry to and fro the victoria harbour, this is what most ppl leave out, to either central and walk thru the botiques at IFC(tallest building) or wan chai convention center(nth much there) then go back TST harbourcity to eat and do some shopping if u wan. 8pm enjoy the symphony of lights, (not fireworks, fireworks only fires during festive days) and ladies street....erm.. i think its quite far away.

Day5, ur walk abit too long ah, 10am walk till 6pm.. btw do visit langham place during this time for lunch and shop shop, and maybe u can use this time to fill in on some places u missed out.

overall i think its allright, just that u may have to slot in some time for ur meals as HK its not easy to find place for meals at lunch/dinner hours, last of all PLS try the french toast during tea time at cafe de coral. =D

Have fun in HK~

strawwy

Reaction score
CharmanderWong said:
Wah, ur itenarary all places of interest one ah, what happen to ur 买东西,吃东西,买东西,吃东西?

Visit Repulse bay/ Stanley market first, and cancel out the aberden market, nothing much there, then have some dinner at central(try cafe de coral), visit the peak at around 7pm+ and see the night skyline. Then take a bus down (NWFB Svc 15) and visit LKF/SOHO, and then go causway bay walk walk la, take train back at ard 11+ or bus also can. HK is still very alive at 10pm++ unlike singapore.

Day4, i think here's where u have to do some shopping, after u come back TST, just breifly walk and see the Clock tower etc etc, i suggest u to take a star ferry to and fro the victoria harbour, this is what most ppl leave out, to either central and walk thru the botiques at IFC(tallest building) or wan chai convention center(nth much there) then go back TST harbourcity to eat and do some shopping if u wan. 8pm enjoy the symphony of lights, (not fireworks, fireworks only fires during festive days) and ladies street....erm.. i think its quite far away.

Day5, ur walk abit too long ah, 10am walk till 6pm.. btw do visit langham place during this time for lunch and shop shop, and maybe u can use this time to fill in on some places u missed out.

overall i think its allright, just that u may have to slot in some time for ur meals as HK its not easy to find place for meals at lunch/dinner hours, last of all PLS try the french toast during tea time at cafe de coral. =D

Have fun in HK~

Where is Cafe De Coral? Do you have the address and how to get there? is the food there expensive?

LKF/SOHO, wat can i do there? walk around? we dont club...

strawwy

Reaction score
CharmanderWong said:

Have fun in HK~

Where is Cafe De Coral? Do you have the address and how to get there? is the food there expensive?

dolphingalgal

Reaction score
OHH!!~!~thank you very much...i'll takes ur advice...haha..at first i thought of going cafe de carol situated at the airport...now..i can change to central liao...just a few minutes walk from central MTR station??

hplanet

Reaction score
strawwy said:

cafe de carol situated at the airport

hplanet

Reaction score
Do you know i was so *BLUR* *SHOCK* that i can find KATONG LAKSA in Hong Kong??

Koolabee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
info is really useful. I am flying off tomorrow to HK for 4D3N. Will post more details of food and shopping when i come back :)

But some info based on what i gathered:

Addidas/Timberland Warehouse (@ 40% discount)
Go to Tanka Ltd and Hung Hom.
More details here: http://www.hkoutlets.com/view.php?show=19

I will post more details when I am back!

Koolabee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hplanet said:
cafe de carol situated at the airport

What is the pricing like? maybe when i cash back my octopus card i will go cafe de coral. Haha did u try the katong laksa? Tastes like good ol' Sg ones?:p

meatball

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

noelnoel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hplanet said:
macau ferry got liao just ask the local and they know and if you cannot find get from the tour operater lah
??? u quote wrong person lah

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
okok, cafe de coral is .... everywhere~ as long u see this sign:
210px-Cafedecarol_logo.gif

Its basically a fast food resturarnt, selling mainly chinese food and not burgers and fries etc.
Another alternative is Maxim's fast food.

Pricing of cafe de coral at airport is same as other branches, just that they use disposal utensils.

oh i forgot, normals lunch and dinner meals are around HKD$20~30 without drink, the milk tea is nice too. however the serving is huge, so u might want to share the food with ur friends or smthing.. :)

and, all major transport, fast food restuarents, convience stalls and vending machines accept octupus cards, so no need coins

Last edited:

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
strawwy said:

erm if u dun club still have a walk around la, maybe go star ferry pier and take ferry back to TST lo, enjoy the night life etc, OR u might wan to spend that time taking a tram ride on hong kong island, anyway i am refering to dolphingalgal's itenary.

meatball

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm, how much is the octopus card? or do we decide how much worth of "octopus" we want to buy? :s13: if it's the latter, what's a reasonable amount to purchase?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.