HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

strawwy

Reaction score
meatball said:
hmm, how much is the octopus card? or do we decide how much worth of "octopus" we want to buy? :s13: if it's the latter, what's a reasonable amount to purchase?

Octopus card works like our ezylink card. HKD$150 per card, with $50 as deposit and $100 for usage. Can top up when amt runs low. minimum amt to top is $50 i think. Octopus card is very convenient. can use on most modes of transport and even @ some cafes. However, when you do a refund on your last day of trip, there will be a surcharge or ard $7 as its refunded with 3 mths of purchase.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
strawwy said:
Octopus card works like our ezylink card. HKD$150 per card, with $50 as deposit and $100 for usage. Can top up when amt runs low. minimum amt to top is $50 i think. Octopus card is very convenient. can use on most modes of transport and even @ some cafes. However, when you do a refund on your last day of trip, there will be a surcharge or ard $7 as its refunded with 3 mths of purchase.

Yes is very convenient. many shops, car park accept Octopus.
See http://www.mtr.com.hk/eng/train/octopus.html
You can actually use up to -HK$35 (ie only left HK$15 out from the deposit).

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
strawwy said:

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
strawwy said:

For Tourist, you can get a Tourist Octopus.
http://www.octopuscards.com/consumer/help/tourists/en/index.jsp
You get full HK$50 deposit refund at the time you return the card.

So their system is very flexiable and keep Tourist in mind!

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
Just to add on, get the normal octopus card if u dont travel by Airport Express trains, u can keep them and pass them to some one else who is going HK soon.
One important thing to note is, u can top up octopus cards at all convience stalls, not just mtr stations. So dun start looking for the station when ur credits goes low :s13:

hplanet

Reaction score
Koolabee said:
What is the pricing like? maybe when i cash back my octopus card i will go cafe de coral. Haha did u try the katong laksa? Tastes like good ol' Sg ones?:p

Airport food quite expansive.

Katong Lakasa in Hong Kong are quite nice but is better go Katong and try them bacause they have a few diff favour of Laksa...

cafe de coral had not been there but i still like Hong Kong daily common cai cham tan (aka Singapore style kopi shop)

hplanet

Reaction score
meatball said:
:s11: :s11: what the hell you talking about?? nothing you say makes sense!! you mean go there shopping need to get coupon is it? rubbish lah. :s8:

The HKTB at suntec have a few shopping booklets and inside they got shopping discount until June 2006...

I got 2 booklet but i not going there until Aug 2006 again...

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
CharmanderWong said:
Just to add on, get the normal octopus card if u dont travel by Airport Express trains, u can keep them and pass them to some one else who is going HK soon.
One important thing to note is, u can top up octopus cards at all convience stalls, not just mtr stations. So dun start looking for the station when ur credits goes low :s13:

Good suggestion.

meatball

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
CharmanderWong said:

huh! but i need the octopus card for airport express trains. taking it from the airport to my hotel. :( eh like that so lugi leh. :sad:

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
meatball said:
huh! but i need the octopus card for airport express trains. taking it from the airport to my hotel. :( eh like that so lugi leh. :sad:
erm i think somehow i confused u here,

For travelling from airport to hotel:
Airport express trains --> tourist octopus
CityFlyer bus, other modes of transport --> normal octupus

Tourist octopus is @ $300 for two way AE rides(to and fro airport, normal single trip tickets cost $100 each way) + 3 days unlimited MTR rides, and $20 worth of credits. Child fares unlike singapore is half of adult fares.

hplanet

Reaction score
If very short trip buy Tourist octopus

If you plan to stay more then 4 or 5 days then Normal octopus might fit into the picture.

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
hplanet said:
If very short trip buy Tourist octopus

If you plan to stay more then 4 or 5 days then Normal octopus might fit into the picture.
hplanet, very short trip but dun use airport express wan tourist for what. -.-"
then u waste the airport express rides included in the cost

meatball

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm gonna take the airport express to my hotel and back on returning to SG. so i shld be taking the tourist octopus? :o

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
meatball said:
i'm gonna take the airport express to my hotel and back on returning to SG. so i shld be taking the tourist octopus? :o

Yes, if you are taking airport express. You should get the tourist octopus.

devilish_me

Reaction score
where are the BEST shopping places? in terms of variety, price, quality? i'd prefer some place where there's a great conglomeration of malls so that i can shop the entire day without having to travel from one place to another.

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
devilish_me said:
where are the BEST shopping places? in terms of variety, price, quality? i'd prefer some place where there's a great conglomeration of malls so that i can shop the entire day without having to travel from one place to another.
Well... that depends what u want to shop on?

Cold_Zero

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
kao! just visited jetstarasia. their ticket are not cheap at all. less tha SGD $100 compare to Cathy.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.