Earphone Review: Battle of sub $80 in-ears earphones plus others!

xllms

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
PurpleLightning said:
omg, my lousy w800i got sexposed?

can anyone recommend a good DAP for the um1?

i have no such problems w my um1 on my w800i...could it be tat ur w800i needs servicing?

xllms

PurpleLightning

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
theory_87 said:
W800i on inital fw no hissing.. all new fw gt tt hissing problem..
lol, i just saw and replied to your post on sgheadphones.net~~~~ :s13:

btw, thanks for the information~~~

rantzzz

Reaction score
Just would like to add my 2 cents' worth to this excellent thread. :)

Got the EP-630 today, used to own HJE50. The reviews describe exactly what I feel about these two earphones, the differences and pros and cons.

EP-630: Astounding bass, like listening to home theater sia. Seriously man, no joke about this! :s31: However, I feel that it does not quite match the HJE50 in terms of clarity. Perhaps the bass overpowered the mids and highs.

HJE50: Gosh, after listening to the EP-630, the bass sounds like simple desktop speakers sia :s13: However, it wins the EP-630 in terms of clarity in sound. Just by a small margin. And oh, one thing about the durability... Like not very good leh, because the earphone piece broke off from the base cover, exposing the wires inside. Had to use masking tape to tape it back up!

Conclusion: For a basshead like me, EP-630 is like heaven sent. $42, from Stereo Electronics @ Causeway Point. So totally worth it. :s12:

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
congrats... do enjoy it... but juz one advice.. dun even listen to um2, e500 or sf5pro.. u will be attemp to upgrade...

kangaroobabe

Reaction score
i was at stereo a week ago.. wanted to try the sf5pro and sf5eb. but not available.. so somehow i went to try the um2... got tempted as well.. no wonder they sae not to try it :s13: surprisingly it did not produce a hissing sound with the pa2v2.

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
kangaroobabe said:
i was at stereo a week ago.. wanted to try the sf5pro and sf5eb. but not available.. so somehow i went to try the um2... got tempted as well.. no wonder they sae not to try it :s13: surprisingly it did not produce a hissing sound with the pa2v2.
it depend on ur source too... and um2 shine at high vol.. at low vol :o but somehow prefer Ety... for more detail sound.. for my AL, wan bass, switch to bass mode and u can get a bassy IEM wif high clarity...

PurpleLightning

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
theory_87 said:
it depend on ur source too... and um2 shine at high vol.. at low vol :o but somehow prefer Ety... for more detail sound.. for my AL, wan bass, switch to bass mode and u can get a bassy IEM wif high clarity...
weird...

i like to listen to UM1 at lower volumes~~~

Shihtzu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
erm guys what earphone will you recommend me for $80 budget?

a in-ears earphone thanks

Zephyron

Reaction score
What's your preference in music? Its best that you give it a try over at Stereo Electronics -> Causeway Point.

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
Shihtzu said:
erm guys what earphone will you recommend me for $80 budget?

a in-ears earphone thanks

You did not read the review? Try a EP630 or E630. ;) Both under $50. $80 can buy EX71 but I think better avoid them till Sony comes up with a newer model.

Shihtzu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm not really into earphone and I read the earphone all bei pai lei... quite good :s13:

but is EP630 realli good?? aww. maybe I would drop by Javan network to test

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
Shihtzu said:
I'm not really into earphone and I read the earphone all bei pai lei... quite good :s13:

but is EP630 realli good?? aww. maybe I would drop by Javan network to test

Jaben dun sell EP630. IF you like more bass, EP630. Less bass, Cresyn E630.

Shihtzu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
afbug1 said:
Jaben dun sell EP630. IF you like more bass, EP630. Less bass, Cresyn E630.

any other place beside Jaben selling near city hall?? they are closed today wondering any other place selling Cresyn E630 or EP630 funan is selling creative EP630 for like $72.90 omg ... :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.