Introduction to the world of headphones

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
dle4e_2005 said:
wat headphone would you recommend for using wif computer sound card for watching movie????
best if can lay down wif the headphones On my head.....

If want to lay down on bed, i think only small ones like PX100 Portapro/Sportapro etc can.

If want something better, try a Senn HD485 or HD555/595. 485 got enough bass slam for movies. 555/595 got less bass but its soundstage is better and got more details. All 3 will work quite well with a PC sound card.

HD205 should be good as well but I never tried them before. They're larger than PX100 but smaller than HD485/555/595

Price guide:
http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showpost.php?p=18226070&postcount=5

dle4e_2005

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thx .............
i hav jus research around the net n it seems onli HD205, PX100 and Portapro/Sportapro is in my price range........

is the ath-es5,ath-ad300 gd????

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
dle4e_2005 said:
thx .............
i hav jus research around the net n it seems onli HD205, PX100 and Portapro/Sportapro is in my price range........

is the ath-es5,ath-ad300 gd????

Budget?

ES5 is good but its closed back type. Might not sound spacious enough for movies. AD300 not too bad but can be a little bass light. I tested before but i forgot which model. AD300 or AD500. You can try them at Stereo.

Try to up your budget and go for a 485 if possible. But not good for bed. Too big.

dle4e_2005

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
time to go to Stereo liao since its nearer to my hse........
wallet will come out thin thin de.....

fevernova

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
afbug1 said:
Budget?

ES5 is good but its closed back type. Might not sound spacious enough for movies. AD300 not too bad but can be a little bass light. I tested before but i forgot which model. AD300 or AD500. You can try them at Stereo.

Try to up your budget and go for a 485 if possible. But not good for bed. Too big.

At first I read that as up your budget to $485... :s13: You're always around giving advice! Salute you ! haha...Never fail to help. Doctor Afbug! :s13:

dle4e_2005

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is behind the neck(eg.pmx series) better or above the head(eg.px.series) better???
n is bluetooth heaphone good???

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
dle4e_2005 said:
is behind the neck(eg.pmx series) better or above the head(eg.px.series) better???
n is bluetooth heaphone good???

Hmm....I dun own the PMX version but common sense will tell you that you cannot use it while in bed la. :s13: Its fit will be different too so as such, it might sound different to a PX.

Bluetooth, no idea man. As of now, no major headphone manufacturer took the plunge yet. Maybe Senn will have one day. But why want bluetooth? Home use rite? Wired ones will be fine. Or try those wireless RF ones.

fevernova: Open your eyes bigger in future. :o

fevernova

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
afbug1 said:
Hmm....I dun own the PMX version but common sense will tell you that you cannot use it while in bed la. :s13: Its fit will be different too so as such, it might sound different to a PX.

Bluetooth, no idea man. As of now, no major headphone manufacturer took the plunge yet. Maybe Senn will have one day. But why want bluetooth? Home use rite? Wired ones will be fine. Or try those wireless RF ones.

fevernova: Open your eyes bigger in future. :o
Precisely why i missed out on that PS-1 deal...

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
fevernova said:
Precisely why i missed out on that PS-1 deal...

Thats why i asked you to open your eyes bigger. =:p I tot you either wanted a brand new 1st hand pair or his asking price dun agree with you. I remembered you said you want a 1st hand one. lol Did not spot that thread! The title is screaming for attention man - Grado Professional Series PS1. :s13:

fevernova

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok, cannot talk about it....The more i think about it, the more i wanna kill myself...haha.....I missed the deal of a century. I shall be punished for its a sin never to be forgiven....*takes out the whip and starts whipping himself on his back*

eter99

Reaction score
Cresyn earphones

Hi, for those who do not have an idea on where to get Cresyn earphones, you can get ur cresyn through the following auctions or go www.mpxgroup.com:. These do offer good value for money.

http://auctions.yahoo.com/sg/i:Cresy...e%29:100164965

http://auctions.yahoo.com/sg/i:Cresy...ve%2C:98419796

http://auctions.yahoo.com/sg/i:Brand...re%29:99616470

http://auctions.yahoo.com/sg/i:Cresy...21%29:99038491

Alternatively, if you cant find it, you can try email enquires@mpxgroup.com. They will try to help you with what you are looking for. :)

Last edited:

fevernova

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey there Eter99, I don't wish to burst your bubbles but this thread is about headphones. I doubt people would be interested in that Cresyn stuff. You could post it in the earphones section but comeon, I wouldn't even give it a look if I'am seraching for headphones and there you are posting this Cresyn stuff here. I don't know if this infringes the forum rules but I'll suggest you not to spam this stuff all over other people's posts and threads as well.

fevernova

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok, I just saw the thread on NO SALES and ADVERTISMENT threads/posts....So I guess you can't post it here?

eter99

Reaction score
Hi fevernova,

Cresyn do offer headphones too. I am not sure if you know this, but its one of the top companies in the sound industry in South Korea. By the way, I am only offering an introduction to Cresyn, and helping those who need assistance on where to buy. If not, I can take out the post. I do not need to spam and I dont post into every thread, only those tat are related to earphone/headphone, if u look at my postings. Its much the same way as those retailers (who use nicknames) who post their comments on where to buy certain things. Thanks

fevernova said:
Hey there Eter99, I don't wish to burst your bubbles but this thread is about headphones. I doubt people would be interested in that Cresyn stuff. You could post it in the earphones section but comeon, I wouldn't even give it a look if I'am seraching for headphones and there you are posting this Cresyn stuff here. I don't know if this infringes the forum rules but I'll suggest you not to spam this stuff all over other people's posts and threads as well.

fevernova

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok, maybe I sounded rude then. I'll apologise for that...But I see that you posted the same thing in a few different threads. If you want to do that, maybe you could start a thread of your own. Or post a everything you need to know about cresyn thread. And yes I do know that Cresyn offers headphones...

eter99

Reaction score
Hi fevernova,

Actually I have only posted a few posts so far and so I am actually quite new also, so no need to apologise. I guess I used a different method of posting that created this mess. Thanks also for pointing out to me abt the alternative. There is actually a thread catered to cresyn, but sometimes I still find earphone users in some threads asking where to buy cresyn, so i thought why not once and for all post same comments in selected threads where earphones are being discussed. No harm or spam intended. In future, I will try not to post same info in too many threads :)

fevernova said:
Ok, maybe I sounded rude then. I'll apologise for that...But I see that you posted the same thing in a few different threads. If you want to do that, maybe you could start a thread of your own. Or post a everything you need to know about cresyn thread. And yes I do know that Cresyn offers headphones...

fevernova

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
eter99 said:
Hi fevernova,

Actually I have only posted a few posts so far and so I am actually quite new also, so no need to apologise. I guess I used a different method of posting that created this mess. Thanks also for pointing out to me abt the alternative. There is actually a thread catered to cresyn, but sometimes I still find earphone users in some threads asking where to buy cresyn, so i thought why not once and for all post same comments in selected threads where earphones are being discussed. No harm or spam intended. In future, I will try not to post same info in too many threads :)
Its alright. Yeah, there still are people who do not bother to do a search or look up yahoo and understand more. I include myself in that group. It can't really be blamed because sometimes, you'll feel lazy to search for answers. Asking them would mean that the answers would come to you. That's what I called spoonfeeding and I learned it the hard way, which is why i will try to do a search first before asking any questions...

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
Alright guys, that is quite enough.

eter99, are you going to remove your post? It is still in this thread.
http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showpost.php?p=19177922&postcount=133

Pls do me and yourself a favour. Everyone knows what your intention is. Dun go around spamming threads. Want to do, do it subtlely. And pls don't do it in my threads. These are for headphones/earphones discussions only. Not advertisment.

fevernova, now that you got the chance, make sure you grab those PS1!

koljaho

Reaction score
chill man master bug! he is new here! Lets just continue florishing this thread!

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haha... finally took the plunge... join SGHeadphone MO for Koss KSC75...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.