Singapore's Worst Job Agencies

siandiao

Reaction score
which job agencies r good den? i mean, recommend some good ones leh

pledge88

Reaction score
I been down to kelly , adecco , gmp few times and the consultants tend to choose those candidates which are U grads or are holding high post before for interview first

tellim said:
btw, how does the threadstarter noe that agencies look down on low qualification...unless u r the one experiencing the insult?

well, kelly once asked me to go for an interview for an 'o' level position!! im a grad btw. ok i went for the interview and i asked for career prospect (which i noe the post doesnt offer that since it an 'o' level post)...so in the end, coy feedback i have high expectation and my agent said i said something wrong??!! wth? what's wrong w asking for prospect? im looking for career, not job.

Xiaosa

Banned
Reaction score
As them go jiak sai lah. I wouldnt have went down if i knw the position is lousy

tellim said:
btw, how does the threadstarter noe that agencies look down on low qualification...unless u r the one experiencing the insult?

well, kelly once asked me to go for an interview for an 'o' level position!! im a grad btw. ok i went for the interview and i asked for career prospect (which i noe the post doesnt offer that since it an 'o' level post)...so in the end, coy feedback i have high expectation and my agent said i said something wrong??!! wth? what's wrong w asking for prospect? im looking for career, not job.

PsyNidE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I tot Xcellink is an outsourcing company & not recruitment firm?

I

isaac_koh

Good One

I am not sure whether you all will like this agency called "Speed." They seems good to me and my friends. They provide fast service and you do not need to go down to their office. I have got my past 3 jobs from them. If you interested, pm me lor.. then i give you more info...

SimpleDude

Reaction score
Something which I have to comment about Recruit Express. They seem to give jobs(temp) to candidates who apply on the day when they receive the jobs. Meaning if you applied the day before or eons ago they tend to overlook u. Then if not enuf ppl to meet quoto they ask the candidates selected to intro their frens to do. This is the part I dun like about them. They said they will inform you if theres suitable job but no one calls in the end. Once my fren called to ask me if I want to work for promoter job cos that day he went to RE then got job vancancy knn the week before I went for interview they nv call me ... like that I go early interview for fug...

ct2005

Reaction score
Additional...with but...

Thatz International,
another crappy agency. Went for interview which technically, i think, i have almost 80% of the job criteria. But after few weeks no calls or any updates from them. Not even a hoot....

GMP,
provides lots of admin jobs. Sometimes IT jobs, they put on adverts as 'admin jobs' just to lower the hourly rate!

Kelly IT,
ok...a bit so-so...it actually depends on which consultants that you encounter. If the consultants are good and concern type, most probably you'll get the job...coz they'll try to update you of other openings if you happen to not get the position that you applied.

Anyway, later, going for another job agency at Adecco and will see what happens....ciao!

p.s - Been 1.3 years looking around for full-time jobs and currently still unemployed. Degree + 8 yrs of web/IT experiences.

tellim

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ct2005 said:
Thatz International,
another crappy agency. Went for interview which technically, i think, i have almost 80% of the job criteria. But after few weeks no calls or any updates from them. Not even a hoot....

GMP,
provides lots of admin jobs. Sometimes IT jobs, they put on adverts as 'admin jobs' just to lower the hourly rate!

Kelly IT,
ok...a bit so-so...it actually depends on which consultants that you encounter. If the consultants are good and concern type, most probably you'll get the job...coz they'll try to update you of other openings if you happen to not get the position that you applied.

Anyway, later, going for another job agency at Adecco and will see what happens....ciao!

p.s - Been 1.3 years looking around for full-time jobs and currently still unemployed. Degree + 8 yrs of web/IT experiences.

woah .. im IT grad doing sales customer service job...1800 basic but work 6 days and 7 days AL....tot of quiting this job but now...im having a second thought.

G_Zola

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I know how the agencies earn money? Commmission from our salaries or what? Like to hear some advice. Thanks

joblizz

Reaction score
G_Zola said:
Can I know how the agencies earn money? Commmission from our salaries or what? Like to hear some advice. Thanks
Pardon me if I am wrong.
From what I know most job agencies will charge as much as 80% of your first month pay as a "introducing fees" (full time). That is why they try to send the most ideal candidates for interview. From the same job, there may be more than one agencies send ppl for interview...so Sending those with higher qualification stand better chance for them to get the job.
btw I am currently start this jobsite www.joblizz.com for jobseekers to search and find job for free, also get invite by our advertiser directly thru mobilephone or email.

vbhelper

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ct2005 said:
Thatz International,

GMP,

Kelly IT,

omg, u scaring me. I'm studying IT degree now.
u have a degree + 8yrs experience still can't find a job after 1.3ys?

PsyNidE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
G_Zola said:
da commision is normally between da agency & da company .. they wont take ur salary monthly.Frm wat i noe .. since da agency find da job 4u & if u resign within 6mths wrking with da company dat u wrk 4 ... da agency will ask u 2 compensate them 1 mth salary.

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
G_Zola said:
what i understand is, basiacally got 2 kinds of employment, fultime perm directly by the company, in this case the company and the agency reach agreement on how much the service fee will be, normally 1 month of the employee pay. the fee will not come out from the employee, and most employer who engages will not be so cheapo, but they do have aclause that if the successful candidate never work for a minimum period, be it 3 months or 6 months, then the candidate has to compensate, that's why most of them will clearly tell you this before you sign anthing, or even they arrange u to go for interview. if u cannot commit to the minimum period, why shld they waste the time on you?

2nd kind is those contract basis, can be full or part time. this kind of employment, the company dun pay u directly, but they agree with the agency an hourly rate, say $10/hr, then the agency go find candidate, but take a cut from the rate, and offers the candidate maybe $7. so this kind of employment, the employee normally will need to sign the log book to clock the hr everyday they work. this is a way for company to reduce their payroll, and claim this amount into expences, a way to reduce their company tax.

this is only what i know, think there are other kinds also.

G_Zola

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for contributing cos i have a mentality that, for instance a 1500 salary a month is actually worth about 2000 a month and the discrepancy has been taken as commission.

From what chengsun has said, I have a better understanding of the kinds of employment available.Thanks again

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
G_Zola said:
Thanks all for contributing cos i have a mentality that, for instance a 1500 salary a month is actually worth about 2000 a month and the discrepancy has been taken as commission.

From what chengsun has said, I have a better understanding of the kinds of employment available.Thanks again
if the company pay u direct, and give u payslip direct, then it is the case that is what the company is paying u

Xiaosa

Banned
Reaction score
that will be for gmp outsourcing , the outsource arm for GMP . Client is HP I guess. I applied for a job from them. Their advert clearly said Permanent and central location. When she called, turned out to be 1 yr contract and have to rotate around a number of clients. So guess what, I told her to go fly kite. So never trust agencies' advertisements.

Same goes for RE. Advert say central, suddenly pop out say North. Immediately, I know which coy liao. Rejected on the spot

tomicaguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recruit Express no go for me.

Too aggressive, called and demanded me to come down for an interview within 2 hours. (Jurong East Branch)

WTF.

Ah_Lupz

Reaction score
Xiaosa said:
RE cannot make it want..... Consultants can bomb my phone whole day. Obviously Im doing something eg with customers or infront of manager or in a meeting. I got like 10 missed calls from recruit express on a day. Canno get me, send sms or email lah. Really nothing to say lor

Manpower, many years back when I still freshie . Becos I got walking problem, the consultant outright ask whats wrong with your leg. Now got 5 years of exp with good academic / technical certs, they offer me a 1 yr contract for an it job with bank. I ask them go eat ****..

I never like re becos their IT consultants simply have no knowledge of IT. Ask many illogical qns. Eg . My previous job was from 00-01. She got the cheek to ask me if I got administer windows 2003 server during that job. WTF . BAck to the future ah.

RE also got one consultant who called me abt a job. in my cv also got quote expected salary. She then try to press the price down by 15 percent . So basically only 5-10 percent increment. After haggling for a few mins, I told her straight forward, I not interested anymore. She ji tao nothing to say.

One bad trait with most agencies is that consultants dont read ur resume. No proper job matching. Call you up and ask a thousand and one qns , when all information is on the CV. Post fake adverts to gather resumes...

becoz some of the consultants are also new graduates and part-timers...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.