HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

jestin_ng

Reaction score
Shld really try Langham's Place. My colleagues stayed there during his business stay. He was impressed! Beautiful is his word.

jaymz21

Reaction score
well, i would say if budget is no matter and shopping isnt really the name of the game, then Langham Place is good. However, for us, shopping is the main reason so we're not in the hotel alot. therefore, it'll be a waste of money. maximise for shopping!

jestin_ng

Reaction score
thats true. lOl. thats why i chose a pretty cheap hotel. Woohooo.. Flying in 3 days time. Muahaha. Did an itinerary already.

=X

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
jaymz21 said:
well, i would say if budget is no matter and shopping isnt really the name of the game, then Langham Place is good. However, for us, shopping is the main reason so we're not in the hotel alot. therefore, it'll be a waste of money. maximise for shopping!

Budget is a matter (but then I budgeted for Langham's Place) and shopping is part of the game.

But it's not true that a nice hotel room is a waste. Hotel room must be comfortable & nice -> more conducive for sex. :D (did I mention that I'm going on a 2nd honeymoon).

ps - for all the young ones out there who think that the IPPT is a waste of time. It's not. I'm downgraded but I still train as if I'm taking one. Can still perform & satisfy after hitting the street for a full day with the wife. :s13:

Last edited:

dolphingalgal

Reaction score
jestin_ng said:
thats true. lOl. thats why i chose a pretty cheap hotel. Woohooo.. Flying in 3 days time. Muahaha. Did an itinerary already.

=X

haha..good..can share ur itnerary?

thanks thanks..

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lowjk said:
Budget is a matter (but then I budgeted for Langham's Place) and shopping is part of the game.

But it's not true that a nice hotel room is a waste. Hotel room must be comfortable & nice -> more conducive for sex. :D (did I mention that I'm going on a 2nd honeymoon).

ps - for all the young ones out there who think that the IPPT is a waste of time. It's not. I'm downgraded but I still train as if I'm taking one. Can still perform & satisfy after hitting the street for a full day with the wife. :s13:

It is true but it does not means it has to be expensive. Some are simply over price just because os some facility the you will never use during the short stay.

Some are expensive due to location.

There are number of Langham's Place in Hong Kong ranging from 4 stars to 6 stars (the one newly opened at mokok. The hotel is rated 6 stars. But the location is just next to red light area!

Last edited:

jaymz21

Reaction score
lowjk said:

Oh ... 2nd honeymoon then of cos, yes pls! Langham Place will be amply conducive for sex. However for me, no sex pls. Wife sharing room wif her sis, i sharing room wif my buddy... then again, there are brothels along kimberley road where empire is. maybe i can sneak out and....... :D

anyway, the state of empire's room is quite decent... had sextisfaction there every night too, during my last trip there. small and cosy with soft lighting (or rather, lack of lights). hehe

trisang

Reaction score
strawwy said:
This is the first time we are staying at hostel also. my last two trips to HK we stayed at Prudential Hotel. This trip was actually planned last minute thats y opted for hostel to save cost as airtix already quite exp. actually intended to go in Aug but some reasons thats y changed to June, to be in time for the summer sale... :D

BTW.. anyone noes any info on where to get a map of Macau??
Hi strawwy,
wats yr comment on prudential. read bad reviews but very convenient to mrt. so cannot decide

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BTW, Just back from HongKong.
Their summer sales is really good, all over the place with really good discount.
Much better than Big Singapore sales!

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cscs3 said:
BTW, Just back from HongKong.
Their summer sales is really good, all over the place with really good discount.
Much better than Big Singapore sales!

I knew my wife had more than just a 2nd honeymoon in mind when she said she wanted to go HK in early August. :s13:

shojin

Reaction score
jestin_ng said:
Wow. cscs3..whihc are the places u visited? hehe
yea... kindly throw in ur list, would u?

pretty keen myself, since i'll be heading for HKG this mth. :D

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
jestin_ng said:
Wow. cscs3..whihc are the places u visited? hehe

I mostly stay at Hong Kong side, except 1 day in Golden computer center area and 1 day at mokok area.

For Hong Kong side, you can try central area and Waichai area.

Not a bad experiance except weather is a little un-predictable in last 2 days.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
shojin said:
yea... kindly throw in ur list, would u?

pretty keen myself, since i'll be heading for HKG this mth. :D

If you have not booked your ticket. I suggest you spend a day or 2 in Macua. Is a big change since I last visited (may be 8 to 10 years ago).

I travel Tiger air to Macua, reach around 1pm spend a night in New Century Hotel on the same night.

Day 1. Macua, New Century Hotel. Take bus to buy some tradition "biscuit" at Rua Do
Cunha. Bus # is 33, Bus stop just 5 min walk from Hotel.
Day 2. Take free bus provided by hotel to Macua ferry. Within walking distance, you can visit
Sands etc. I did not join a tour to visit other part of Macua. I was told you can join a tour
at HK$200 per person. Last around 6 hours.
Take free hotel bus back to hotel, collect my bag and return to Macua ferry terminal.
for HongKong
Day 3. Hong Kong, Golden Computer area for 3/4 days for some shopping of computer
thing.
Day 4. WaiChai and Causeway bay area
Day 5. Central and Admiralty area and my frend bring to to some local shop to by mooncake
and those HongKong tradition biscult. Yes is really nice.
Night time return by JetStar Asia.

Sorry, my trip did not cisit and place of interest. Mostly shopping.
I think there is some newly open for place of interest. But I skill them. For those who want to visit Disney land (If you already has previous experiance with Disney land somewhere else). You can call it a missed.

Cold_Zero

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
abt octupus card

can it be brought at the airport? how much does it cost for 4 days ride?

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
Cold_Zero said:
can it be brought at the airport? how much does it cost for 4 days ride?
Yes can get the octupus card from the airport, theres an airport express counter in the arrivals hall, price depending on weather u getting the tourist octupus or the normal octupus.

my suggestion (again) is that get the tourist if u taking airport express trains, and get the normal one if u taking cityflyer to ur hotel. Tourist octupus will include a complementery 3days(fixed) mrt ride.

Tourist: http://www.octopuscards.com/consumer/help/tourists/en/index.jsp
Normal: http://www.octopuscards.com/consumer/products/cardtype/en/loan.jsp

hope it helps =)

Last edited:

pompousboy

Reaction score
Hello, anyone exchanged Hong Kong Dollar in the last week? Which is a better place to exchange? Town or in HDB estates? Thanks! :)

jaymz21

Reaction score
charmander, u really know a lot :) guess you are from there?

anyway, think need to buy the octopus card from the airport. cos the damn money changer gave me all 1000 notes. need to get smaller notes else those stalls will use the uv light and check my 1k notes for authenticity again. haha

strawwy

Reaction score
trisang said:
Hi strawwy,
wats yr comment on prudential. read bad reviews but very convenient to mrt. so cannot decide
I had great service from Prudential.. stayed there twice. Rooms are bigger compared with dorsett seaview and Majestic. Majestic's room looks abit older...
It's conveniently located with Jordon Mtr just right below.. and shopping malls within the building too..

Not sure y there are bad reviews on it.. hmmm.. on both times that i visited.. had no problems with checking-in, requesting for non-smoking floor and side by side rooms.. but seems like the price @ prudential seems to be getting more expensive... i used to book like hkd$600 per nite.. that was like in 2004.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.