Singapore's Worst Job Agencies

Vitaall

Reaction score
tomicaguy said:
Recruit Express no go for me.

Too aggressive, called and demanded me to come down for an interview within 2 hours. (Jurong East Branch)

WTF.
the same happened to me from RE, but i happen to be on leave that day so ok for me. but just think about it this way, if you have a potential customer asking you to meet them within 2 hours, would you make time for it................it's just "how bad do you want it?"

Vitaall

Reaction score
colin2000 said:
Oh man.. i totally agree with you... Thatz International is a ****** up... unprofessional and basically treat the jobseeker like some commodity.. and they have this stupid rule that you have to stay in the company that hire u for at least 6 months or else your pay is forfeited...
take it easy, I don't think it's a stupid rule . I am sure the hiring company pay them a fee to recruit, and I am also quite sure that there is a condiiton that the right candidate is selected, and probably one of the few ways to judge that is for the new hire to stay in the company for a while, or else all recruiters will just find any Tom, dick or Harry to take up the job just to earn the fee.

It's not nice to be tied down, but I feel it's a fair condition.

colin2000

Reaction score
Yes, agreed with you. I also understand that the employer would not want to just hire anyone willy-nilly and then this person can't do the job and quit before the probation period ends.. ah well, i guess this is the market now.. it's like this and i guess we have to keep on searching til we find the right fit. But one thing I do know, it is best to do job search by oneself instead of relying on unscrupulous recruiters in this current job climate.

Xiaosa

Banned
Reaction score
Please take note that employment is a two way thing. The company is evaluating u, and u are also evaluating the company. So the 6 mth rules gives an unfair adv for agencies and companies. So does that mean if the company fires u b4e 6 mth , u get compensated as well. I dun think so.. So guys dun agree to such despicable rules

Anarchy

Reaction score
Yeah strongly agree with Xiaosa. Look at all IT contract's terms nowaday, they have the rights to terminate you by giving 1 month notice.

Its so hard to find a perm IT job. Sigh... outsource and outsource.

violator

Master Member
Reaction score
colin2000 said:
Oh man.. i totally agree with you... Thatz International is a ****** up... unprofessional and basically treat the jobseeker like some commodity.. and they have this stupid rule that you have to stay in the company that hire u for at least 6 months or else your pay is forfeited...

Hi Colin

I remember that i went to the company yrs ago at Neil Road, guess what, he spent 10 mins reading all certs and transcripts. Later on he will tell your strength and weakness. Do you encountered this? He is the 1st person i know, who have the time to go thru your certs rather talking to you on the job scope. He will tell you asking more than 10% increment from your last drawn pay is too much

Mayhem69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
agency waste time la... knn

got 1 time duno what agency located at pennisular plaza near City Hall mrt. i apply TEMP job..ccb.. got clause say must pay compensation to agency if i leave within 1 month.. **** u la...TEMP job also dare demand such cheesepie

Mayhem69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i tell u guys... since this govt is ultra pro employers and anti-worker's rights.. these ccb companies and job agencies can list down all sort of CCB clause in their contract.. thanks to blessing from govt

so hope u all scan their contract b4 u sign :)

Xiaosa

Banned
Reaction score
violator said:
Hi Colin

I remember that i went to the company yrs ago at Neil Road, guess what, he spent 10 mins reading all certs and transcripts. Later on he will tell your strength and weakness. Do you encountered this? He is the 1st person i know, who have the time to go thru your certs rather talking to you on the job scope. He will tell you asking more than 10% increment from your last drawn pay is too much

Hey I think you have been taken for a ride liao lah. Obviously he is trying to press down on ur expected salary. How can anyone tell u ur strengths/ weaknesses by jus tlooking at ur certs and transcripts. Kena conned liao lah.

A normal company will have to go thru 2-3 rds of interviews to decide whether the person is
suitable a not. This person spent 10 mins then know liao. Ask him go jiak sai lah

colin2000

Reaction score
Yeah.. agreed with Mayhem and Xiaosa... these recruitment agencies have a free run and therefore, they can just whack anything they see fit.. it's scary. Dunno what is real and what is fake..

Yeah Xiaosa, i also went to this idiot's office in Neil Road many years ago.. small little run down shack.. oh well, he works in this kinda office still dare to threathen me.. what a joke. anyways, as jobseekers, we should not allow ourselves to be belittled by these b@st@rds..

Guess im not the only one being given the run-around by these nasty agencies.

ThorH83

Reaction score
Personally I don't like agency too much. They like to ask you to come down for an interview, than they schedule you when they are about to end thier day or during thier lunch time, than I have to wait! I managed to clinch a job with them than I have to endure late payments!

Ask them about why the pay check is delay, they just give me BS answer! Now I don't care much about job agency though! One thing I like to do is, when they call you up for an interview or hey say they have an opening ask them, which company has opening and just email or send your resume direct to the company bypassing the agency mention!

This is not ethical, but hey if the agency can give full of craps I decide to at least gain something from the crap they show to me! :)

ThuGx__

Reaction score
agreed.recruit express always gif false hope.post got 10 postions available immed.went there interview say within one week will haf gd news.one month later still say same thing :(
best if find job is lobang

Last edited:

theoldman

Reaction score
but i think recruitment agency is gd when u need those temp jobs cos i think they got many kang tao, if wanna look for a gd perm job can try depositing yr resume to the company HR loh. tat time i tried to deposit mine to an mnc, few days later they really called ****

direbmem

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
xkliber said:
Wah.Kelly and Recruit is in it?
I always find them for job help since after O level

But are ther any good 1s?
seems like u got a good exp. with them...

virgoriangur

Master Member
Reaction score
hmm....after looking at what you guys write ....lol recruit express look so horrible gosh...one of their staff just called me to go for an interview tomorrow morning which she says that it will last for 15 minutes....wonder shall i go for it anots ~Lols~ :s11:

violator

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Just wasted my 1 day leave by attending a interview session with Singapore's Worst Job Agencies (The No #1 ). Make me waiting 40 mins, the place is so ulu at PSA building and have to wait thru a long and dark carpark. Make you do tests on lotus notes, customer handling etc. Lastly have to do a 3 tests on customers calling scenerios from home and office. Told me it is a 8-5pm job, but wast old to support till 11pm after attending the interview. Totally wasted my time and effort as this company had no confidence its own candidates.

Last edited:

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IMO going to a job agency is a waste of time. You'll have better luck seaching the papers yourself.

theoldman

Reaction score
today i accompany my fren go recruit express, then i ask the consultant can let me fill in the form too anot.. wanted to try my luck. i said i wan part time or temp
wah she straight away offer me one job, to distribute newspaper at mrt station i think, work 7am - 9am. pay $5.50 haaaa wah seh 1 day earn $11 nia
but she say is near my house.. mayb i consider

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.