Some useful info for PC users/newbies

moshing86

Reaction score
can u help me?

a few mths ago, i've been tricked by a hoax e-mail telling my to delete a file name "Jdbgmgr.exe" , the file which has a cute teddy bear icon... i'm FOOLISH enuff 2 do as being told & 2 make matters worst, i cleared it from the recycle bin... now... some of my applicants can't b used such as Java tools & java player... internet errors occured sometimes & a running programme called "ctinfra" usually came out wif errors in the background... wat do u think i should do? is there any website out there dat enables 2 scan & upload important missing files into my com? i'm using win 98 ... i'm really desperate.... hope u'll able 2 help me :(

rick_hunt

Reaction score
Re: can u help me?

moshing86 said:
a few mths ago, i've been tricked by a hoax e-mail telling my to delete a file name "Jdbgmgr.exe" , the file which has a cute teddy bear icon... i'm FOOLISH enuff 2 do as being told & 2 make matters worst, i cleared it from the recycle bin... now... some of my applicants can't b used such as Java tools & java player... internet errors occured sometimes & a running programme called "ctinfra" usually came out wif errors in the background... wat do u think i should do? is there any website out there dat enables 2 scan & upload important missing files into my com? i'm using win 98 ... i'm really desperate.... hope u'll able 2 help me :(

worst scenario: reformat your hdd and cleanly install every programs onto your system. ..and remember to backup your important files/programs before formatting.

Zef

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well Done !
rotkexclusive_featured.jpg

Cyburo

Reaction score
I'm looking for info abt creating bootdisk for Win2K.

Btw, is the Win2K cd bootable?

Thks!

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well! I'm using a Norton SystemWorks 2004 now and I like to re-install it due to the expiry of the subscription.

I need to re-install the whole thing again but I don't know whether the uninstallation will be complete or not.

I heard from my friends that Norton product often left some files behind after an uninstallation and they might cause some problems on the PC.

Please help me! My Norton SystemWorks 2004 only has a One-Button-Check, Anti-Virus, Norton Utilities and Norton Scheduler.

LordInuyasha

Reaction score
@_@

Providence said:
Well! I'm using a Norton SystemWorks 2004 now and I like to re-install it due to the expiry of the subscription.

I need to re-install the whole thing again but I don't know whether the uninstallation will be complete or not.

I heard from my friends that Norton product often left some files behind after an uninstallation and they might cause some problems on the PC.

Please help me! My Norton SystemWorks 2004 only has a One-Button-Check, Anti-Virus, Norton Utilities and Norton Scheduler.

I did an overall removal of Norton stuff always by the normal Un-installer, restart the comp... then get to the the Registry Editor (run-> regedit.exe) and search for all the entries with NAV ; Sym and delete them all out clean...

I could re-install my Norton stuff again and have a re-newed subscription... btw to what i've encountered... norton systemworks messed up my system in a long run... I stopped using it after the last-reformat... I just used the Norton Antivirus from then on... BTW do you have any other recommendations of system diagnostic tools other then using norton system works? :s13:

juvelyn

Reaction score
Newbie qn on licensing

Hi.

If I buy Norton Internet Security for home use & wish to install on 2 or 3 PCs - I have to buy more than 1 package or can just buy additional licenses?

Thanks!!

GetaBlue

Master Member
Reaction score
Bought norton internet ser 2005...but keep getting "a remote source is tring to acess your com"..for 2004 the option was always "block" by default...but 2005 ver is "always permit " option by default...wats up...then even when i choose the option not to displayany intrusion message...it doen't work...????

medical 2933

Reaction score
I did an overall removal of Norton stuff always by the normal Un-installer, restart the comp... then get to the the Registry Editor (run-> regedit.exe) and search for all the entries with NAV ; Sym and delete them all out clean...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.