HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
what is the diff between octopuscards for normal use and Tourist?

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
Enjoy your trip dolphingalgal =), stay safe.

Octopus cards:
refundable $50 deposit ($7 admin charge for refund made less than 3 mth from purchase)
minimum $100 stored value

Tourist octupus:
1 or 2 airport express rides ($220 for 1, $300 for 2)
3 days complementary MTR rides from first MTR trip
$20 stored value
refundable $50 deposit

Suggestion:
Get Tourist octupus if airport express is more convient to your hotel, if prefer Airport bus(doubledeck coaches) which is cheaper then go for normal octupus.

Hope it answers your qn.

ralph555

Reaction score
Need advise from you guys...

I'll be staying in dorsett seaview for my HK trip in oct, as for the transport to hotel
wld it be more convient for me to take airport express, mtr or cab?

and any recommend restaurant to have candle-light dinner?

Thanks

Last edited:

hubster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ralph555 said:
Need advise from you guys...

I'll be staying in dorsett seaview for my HK trip in oct, as for the transport to hotel
wld it be more convient for me to take airport express, mtr or cab?

and any recommend restaurant to have candle-light dinner?

Thanks
woohoo dorset seaview ah
not bad quite small but cosy
anyway u can either take citybus from airport A21 @ $33 or take MTR to YMT MTR station but its beri ex bout $100+ per trip
the vicinity near the hotel got alot of nice/cheap food like claypot rice,dim sum,desserts,snacks,steam eggs

rest with candle light dinner not sure leh sorry

state22

Reaction score
Clarity said:
Hi,

Can I have the number of Newly tours. Your package seems cheaper than if I book online.. Thks!

sorry for the late reply Clarity

their office no. is 65335262

Clarity

Reaction score
1) Uh, need some info on these 2 places : din manage to find anything when i did a search on the net. What type of goods do these 2 places sell?

- Allied Plaza

- Argyle Centre

2) Also, Someone posted this place, where there is Esprit crazy sales going on?
Near MTR Tung Chung Station? Erm, Is there a building name or address?

3) And this place, near which MTR? Kowloon / Kowloon Tong / Kowloon Bay? :

Addidas/Timberland Warehouse (@ 40% discount)
Go to Tanka Ltd and Hung Hom.
Address:
Flat G, 1/F, Phase 2, Kaiser Estate, Man Yue Street
, To Kwa Wan
Kowloon, Hong Kong

4) To get to KCR East Rail, is there a direct link from Kowloon Tong MTR Stn? Saw them indicated next to each other on the MTR route map...

5) For this place, what's the opening hrs?
Phase II, Yip Fat Factory Building, 73-75 Hoi Yuen Road, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
九龍觀塘開源道73-75號業發工業大廈2期

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Clarity said:
Phase II, Yip Fat Factory Building, 73-75 Hoi Yuen Road, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
九龍觀塘開源道73-75號業發工業大廈2期 [/font]

You'll be safe if you go in the pm.
My wife and I were there at 10+ to 11am and they weren't open and neither were
a lot of shops. Ended up at APM building to enjoy the air-con and ate/shop there instead.

Tips
1) MUJI is having a sale there. Clothings are 50% cheaper compared to Singapore. My wife commented that the quality is very good for clothing that cost only $25 or so.
2) Make a reservation at the eateries in APM before you shop. Otherwise, the waiting time can be as long as 1+ hour (at Lei Gardens -> gave up and ate at food court).
3) Eating at APM food court takes a litte getting used to -> place order at stall -> pay at cashier (which not at the stall) -> go back with receipt -> give receipt -> wait for your number to be called.

Corny_Cow

Master Member
Reaction score
the crazy espirit sale is just beside tung chung mtr station.
the shopping mall is called citigate.
have fun shopping there.dun buy too much! haha

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
Clarity said:
4) To get to KCR East Rail, is there a direct link from Kowloon Tong MTR Stn? Saw them indicated next to each other on the MTR route map...

The two stations are next to each other, however as KCRC and MTR are different companies, u'll have to exit from the MTR b4 transfering to the KCRC east rail. However having said that, the transfer is just a few steps away.

ralph555

Reaction score
Hi CharmanderWong,

How to get to shenzhen - miniture world(duno the spelling,lolx) from mongkok mtr?

Thanks for the replied from earlier post.

And I will gng to all following places for my 5d/4n :s12:

Ladies market
Yip Fat Factory
The Peak
Adidas/Timberland Warehouse
Espirit Outlet
Fa Yuen Str
APM
Hello kitty Cafe
Repulse Bay
Wan Chai waterfront walk

Shld I get Airport Express Tourist Octopus or get a normal Octopus card?

Thanks.

Last edited:

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ralph555 said:
How to get to shenzhen - miniture world(duno the spelling,lolx) from mongkok mtr?

You can't go to Shenzhen directly from Mongkok MTR.
Have to exit the station (follow the signposts/crowd) and walk on the overhead pedestrian bridge to Royal Plaza Shopping Ctr (?), then to the Mongkok KCR station just next to it and take the KCR line to Shenzhen.

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ralph555 said:

Ladies market
Yip Fat Factory
The Peak
Espirit Outlet
Fa Yuen Str
APM
Hello kitty Cafe
Repulse Bay
Wan Chai waterfront walk

Don't forget to go the Langham Place (top levels) @ Mongkok. Interesting escalator ride. Clothings can be nice, cheap and good too. And get to shop in air-con comfort.
Don't really fancy Fa Yuen St (sports shoe shop one after another). But it's up to you.

IT's also up to you if you want to go for warehouse sales. Most stores are already having final sales at the moment and it seems like the average sale discount is already like 40 to 50% off retail. Some give additional discount if you buy more so can get like 50 to 70% off.
:s31: without going to the warehouse where goods may also consist of rejects or overruns.

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
ralph555 said:
Hi CharmanderWong,

Thanks for the replied from earlier post.

Ladies market
Yip Fat Factory
The Peak
Espirit Outlet
Fa Yuen Str
APM
Hello kitty Cafe
Repulse Bay
Wan Chai waterfront walk

Shld I get Airport Express Tourist Octopus or get a normal Octopus card?

Thanks.
o_O major shopping spree i see there...

Regarding how to go Shenzhen from Mongkok MTR, lowjk has replied ur query, another way is to board Kowloon Tong Station as it has a direct pathway between MTR and KCR.

ShenZhen is rather...not a safe place, so be on your guard there.

Info on Tourist or Normal Octupus:
http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showpost.php?p=19828867&postcount=563

Clarity

Reaction score
lowjk said:
You'll be safe if you go in the pm.
My wife and I were there at 10+ to 11am and they weren't open and neither were
a lot of shops. Ended up at APM building to enjoy the air-con and ate/shop there instead.

Tips
1) MUJI is having a sale there. Clothings are 50% cheaper compared to Singapore. My wife commented that the quality is very good for clothing that cost only $25 or so.
2) Make a reservation at the eateries in APM before you shop. Otherwise, the waiting time can be as long as 1+ hour (at Lei Gardens -> gave up and ate at food court).
3) Eating at APM food court takes a litte getting used to -> place order at stall -> pay at cashier (which not at the stall) -> go back with receipt -> give receipt -> wait for your number to be called.
Hmm, thks :) Btw, Muji that u mentioned u located @ Yip Fat Factory Building too?

Clarity

Reaction score
lowjk said:
@ APM building. Quite near to Yip Fat.
Thks ! :D If dun mind, what other things are there in APM building?

Also, for those who stay in YMCA int house before, for the standard room, it comes with attached bathroom and toilet. Right?

Sori, need to recomfirm, juz in case.... Dun thk I can do with common bath :o

My tenative schedule, any comments =:p Seems quite rush on some days.. Hmm, still trying to fine tune...

Taking Jetstar, flight land in HK @ 10.40am. Planning to stay in YMCA Int House.
check in, then eat lunch

Day One :

1) Mong Kok New City Shopping area (3pm)
2) Langham Place - The spiral (5pm)
3) Fa Yuen Street (7pm)
4) Ladies Street (9pm)
5) Temple Street (11pm)
6) Langham Place - Ozone - Depends

Day Two :

1 Lunch (11.30am - 12.30pm)
2)yip Fat Factory Building (1pm - 3pm)
3) Esprit Warehouse (Tsim Sha Tsui, Palace Mall) (3pm - 5pm)
4) Avenue of Stars - daytime to see see (5pm - 6pm)
5) Harbour City (6pm - 7.30pm)
7) Avenue of Stars (8pm to see Symphony of lights) - Is this worth the effort -.-"
8) Dinner (8pm -9pm)
9) HK Space Museum nite view
10) Tsim Sha Tsui Waterfront nite view

Day Three :

1) Adidas/ Timberland Warehouse - Tanka Ltd and Hung Hom - Unsure how to go yet. (10am - 12pm)
2) Lunch (12pm - 1pm)
3) Esprit Crazi Sales - Citi gate shopping mall (2pm - 4pm)
4) Disneyland (5pm – 8pm)
5) Allied Plaza (8.30pm – 10pm) - I still duno wat does this place sell. Anyone knows?
6)LKF

Day Four :

1) New Town Plaza (10am)

2) Lunch (12pm - 1pm)
3) Times Square (1pm – 3pm)
4) SOGO (3pm – 5pm)
5) VictoriaPeak for day view ,sunset and nite view (6pm – 8pm)
6) Argyle Centre (8pm – 10pm)

Day Five :
Breakfast, check out, then off to airport.

=====================

Questions :
1) Airport to hotel - Would it be cheaper to take a cab, if 3 pax? Anyone took before from ariport to YMCA Int House? How much it cost?

2) Avenue of Stars, how long will it take to cover? Is it a juz see see, look look place...

3) Where can I see sunrise / Sunset in HK???

4) Adidas/ Timberland Warehouse - Tanka Ltd and Hung Hom - Unsure how to go yet. Anyone knows?

5) Allied Plaza & Argyle Centre - Normal shopping centre? Sell wat kind of stuff?

Last edited:

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Prince Edward
Flower Market --> Fa Yuen Street (Fa Yuen Street and Sai Yeung Choi Street, you can see stalls selling all kinds of things: sportswear, clothings, leather goods, toys, gifts, compact discs ... It is crowded with people, mostly ladies, bargaining with the stall keepers. The atmosphere and the style is completely different from Stanley market. It is local, and situated in the busy town centre amidst heavy traffic. Perhaps you may get something you like at a very reasonable price!)

Mongkok
Women's Street

Yau Ma Tei
Temple Street (This is the famed Temple Street Night Market. Carts bulge with goods, from casual clothing to mobile phones and watches. You might be able to buy all your souvenirs here. If you're lucky, you'll encounter Chinese street opera or fortune-tellers)
-->
Jade Market (Located on the junction of Kansu Street and Battery Street in Yau Ma Tei, the Jade Market is a must for jade lovers and collectors. They are selling a range of jade pieces from precious and pricey carvings, simple pieces of jewelry to inexpensive trinkets. Be prepared to bargain!)

Tsim Sha Tsui
this area offers you non-stop shopping opportunities. Chungking Mansions is well worth the visit and is a great spot for some authentic, affordable Indian food. Also check out the sidewalks of Granville and Cameron Road, a favourite spot for factory outlet clothing.

Park Lane --> Chungking Mansions --> Duty Free --> Harbour City --> Museum --> Avenue of Stars

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
Clarity said:

Questions :
1) Airport to hotel - Would it be cheaper to take a cab, if 3 pax? Anyone took before from ariport to YMCA Int House? How much it cost?

2) Avenue of Stars, how long will it take to cover? Is it a juz see see, look look place...

3) Where can I see sunrise / Sunset in HK???
Hi Clarity,

Firstly, i find ur schedule abit weird becoz on on Day 2, every single thing after 5pm is basically at or around the same place, honestly, time could be spent at other places.
Next, are you sure u are going into disneyland from 5pm to 8pm? Seems quite wasteful for me, and u'll need a "bit" of time to go disney.

And for the questions,

Cab one way from airport cost around $270 to Yau Ma Tei which is where YMCA intl house is.
Each luggage in the boot will have a $5 luggage charge.

Airport CityFlyer coach Route 21 which cost $33 per person stops 1 street (100m) away from the hotel, next to Yau Ma Tei MTR station.
On this map(obtainable from cityflyer coach) it is stop 7 on the green line:
CityFlyer Map

Airport Express trains are not adviced, due to the fact that:
There is no direct shuttle from Kowloon Station to your hotel, and
The best possble way to get to Yau Ma Tei on this service will be by a transfer over at HK island, which makes it totally impractical.

30mins should be enough to cover the entire stretch of Avenue of stars, i would say its not so interesting (for me) as it's simply palm prints of many star's hands. So i suppose that's just a see see look look place.

I've yet to see a sunrise in HK, but beautiful sunsets can be seen from the peak.
Like this one: :D
Sunset

and oh yes, the rooms in YMCA intl house do come with attatched bathroom and toilet.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.