HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

kenesh

Reaction score
Clarity said:
Haha.. May I know how much time u spend @ the peak itself?

Did u visit Madame Tussauds? Is it worth visiting?

Also, would it be nearer to walk from Admiralty station, Exit C to Lower Peak Tram Terminus? Saw on the map for Madame Tussauds and it seems Admiralty seems nearer :s11:

Also, can anyone tell me if Hard Rock Cafe is near Tsim Sha Tsui MTR?

Address : Hard Rock Cafe Hong Kong, G/F & 1/F, Silvercord, 30 Canton Road, T.S.T., Kowloon, Hong Kong

Was at the Peak for quite a few hours as I wanted to take some night shots. Remember to bring a tripod for ur camera and a light jacket. Didn't visit MT as I felt it's not worth it.

BTW, there's a HRC outlet there as well but not selling food.

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Clarity said:
Hehe, going to eat Birthday Dinner there :p

Wah lau. You go to TST and want to eat at Hard Rock????!!
There are better food places around. Search the thread.
Try something that we can't get/seldom eat here eg roast pigeon.

OR try something more exciting mah; eg dinner at the peak at the western restaurant that has a view. Of course it's not cheap but it'll be memorable.

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
kenesh said:
Was at the Peak for quite a few hours as I wanted to take some night shots. Remember to bring a tripod for ur camera and a light jacket. Didn't visit MT as I felt it's not worth it.

Hey kenesh, is the Peak tower refurbishment complete? The Big wok shaped structure, was supposed to finish work in 2Q 2006, and they moving the viewing mall to the top level of that building

hubster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
last i went in Early Aug the top level viewing is closed to the public still under renovation

ralph555

Reaction score
hubster said:
Bro Dorsett Seaview Nice location near YMT MTR with lots of food like claypot rice,roadside dimsum,cha chan ting de neh
And Also next to Temple st too

btw u book Directly online or thru agency?
Anyway Oct Seems to be peak period for hotel its quite ex de but i also recently book for my frd 2 person in Mid Oct too

Jetstar $236x2 by Jetstar webby
Dorset Seaview $160x4nights thru AsiaTravel.com

Total $1112 only

Hi hubster,

:s7: hai, nvm..booked already, from agency at people parks.

kenesh

Reaction score
CharmanderWong said:
Hey kenesh, is the Peak tower refurbishment complete? The Big wok shaped structure, was supposed to finish work in 2Q 2006, and they moving the viewing mall to the top level of that building

As mentioned by hubster, still U/C...

hubster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh btw the nong ping skyrail is it up ah?cos that time i went its not in service dunnoe whether its due to typhoon signal 3 or under construction?

_m0r0n_

Master Member
Reaction score
goin hk this weekend....any recommend on wat's good to eat there??
i staying at stanford hotel...

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
_m0r0n_ said:
goin hk this weekend....any recommend on wat's good to eat there??
i staying at stanford hotel...

This was my combo on my last trip there:
1) wake up & eat b/f at cafe de coral (french toast, ice coffee, marcaroni, pineapple bun)
alternative: eat dim sum (most dim sum restaurants start serving as early as 7.30am; unlike the lazy buggers over here who start at 11 am).

2) If you did not have dim sum for breakfast, take it for lunch
(recommends Maxim, Kamboat)
If you had dim sum, then try Sweet Dynasty in Canton Road
(recommends their special fried rice, beef hor fun & bean curd)

3) Dinner if you hadn't tried Maxim yet, it's a good time to eat there (it's really good).
(eg roast pigeon)
Others that I tried
- Zen @ the Peak (food esp prawns very nice but very snooty yet gave me bad service so quite disappointed).
- Tai Woo (tried their Lobster with fried noodles - very nice) but rest of food soso only. Also looks a little run down.
- Golden Baiuhinia (?) at HKCC (wan chai) - very nice food/decor. Try their fried prawn with mango.

4) If you're there over Friday/Sat, Sweet Dynsasty closes late @ 1am so if you're feeling hungry, still worth a trip there.

That's it - time to work it off.

zaxh81

Reaction score
Forget it,the weather is very hazy now,couldn't get any nice pics.
Weather went up to 33 degree few days back.
Drink more water,especially in disney.

Sendoh82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone know the extra charges after buying ticket from jetstar asia??? like airport tax and other charges etc to hk

hubster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After online purchase No extra charges of Airport Tax Applicable for HK

Clarity

Reaction score
hubster said:
ya just make sure u have your International Roaming activated with ur service provider
and check under ur network selection its under Automatic
btw when's ur trip and ohh advance happy BD
Hmm, I thk mine should be activated =) Hee, my trip is from 27sept to 1st Oct.

Clarity

Reaction score
kenesh said:

Hmm.. Thking of taking nite shots too. Are there any ledges which I can use to rest my camera instead? Lazy to bring tripod >_< Haha...

Also, thking of going to Tsim Sha Tsui Waterfront to see nite view, as well as Avenue of Stars for the Sumphony of light. Erm, any place to rest the camera on / steady the camera with?

Clarity

Reaction score
lowjk said:
Wah lau. You go to TST and want to eat at Hard Rock????!!
There are better food places around. Search the thread.
Try something that we can't get/seldom eat here eg roast pigeon.

OR try something more exciting mah; eg dinner at the peak at the western restaurant that has a view. Of course it's not cheap but it'll be memorable.
Haha.. Hard Rock, my best fren wanted to go mah...

It's like a place which I will visit on my trip, so long as the place have, eg. Bali, Osaka... Then will go buy something for my best fren. This time she coming on this trip, so juz go together lor... =)

Btw, dinner @ the peak seems interesting. But ex anot -.-

hubster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Clarity said:
Haha.. Hard Rock, my best fren wanted to go mah...

It's like a place which I will visit on my trip, so long as the place have, eg. Bali, Osaka... Then will go buy something for my best fren. This time she coming on this trip, so juz go together lor... =)

Btw, dinner @ the peak seems interesting. But ex anot -.-

or eat @ the macdonalds outside gotch open air view also mah confirm affordable de

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.