HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

hubster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Clarity said:
Hmm.. Thking of taking nite shots too. Are there any ledges which I can use to rest my camera instead? Lazy to bring tripod >_< Haha...

Also, thking of going to Tsim Sha Tsui Waterfront to see nite view, as well as Avenue of Stars for the Sumphony of light. Erm, any place to rest the camera on / steady the camera with?

better cross ur finger its not hazy leh cos i went early Aug quite hazy also my frd whose working in HK said its still hazy leh

Clarity

Reaction score
hubster said:
or eat @ the macdonalds outside gotch open air view also mah confirm affordable de
Dun wan lah, birthday dinner leh.. Macdonald so weird :s22:

hubster said:
better cross ur finger its not hazy leh cos i went early Aug quite hazy also my frd whose working in HK said its still hazy leh
Hmm.. Im going in End of Sept, 27th sept to 1st Oct. Shouldnt be hazy liao after so long hor?

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Clarity said:
Hmm.. Thking of taking nite shots too. Are there any ledges which I can use to rest my camera instead? Lazy to bring tripod >_< Haha...

Aiyah. Pay a little to the professional photographers there and they take the photo for you. You are there for a shopping trip. Don't tell me you want to lug a tripod all day long, all over the HK while SHOPPING just for 1 night shoot.

And because the photographers are there to earn a living, no one makes noise when he/she clears the crowd for a shot. Had one taken at the Peak. Even though it was crowded like anything, you wouldn't have been able to tell. There was only me, my wife and the lights of TST in the background in the photo. :)

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Clarity said:
Btw, dinner @ the peak seems interesting. But ex anot -.-

Have all kinds of outlet to suit all budgets - McD, Starbucks (or was it Coffee Bean), Delifrance to the western restaurant I mentioned.

I ate at Zen (because I am a "tiong kok kia" who cannot do without chinese food). Fair price ~$150 for 2 pax. (about the same as humble house at Esplanade). Very good food.

Although the dinner was very good and relaxing, I was disappointed with the service level for that kind of price (did not get the window seat I reserved, mix up my order, matre'd did not bid farewell or open the door for me even though he was next to it and my hands were full with my wife's shopping) , so not recommending it to you.

kenesh

Reaction score
Clarity said:

Also, thking of going to Tsim Sha Tsui Waterfront to see nite view, as well as Avenue of Stars for the Sumphony of light. Erm, any place to rest the camera on / steady the camera with?

Yes.. many ledges around so make sure u make full use of them. :) Remember those mini tripods :D Ahh.. u'll be able to take "professional" looking night shots with ur own camera :s13: No horse run :D

Clarity

Reaction score
lowjk said:
Aiyah. Pay a little to the professional photographers there and they take the photo for you. You are there for a shopping trip. Don't tell me you want to lug a tripod all day long, all over the HK while SHOPPING just for 1 night shoot.

And because the photographers are there to earn a living, no one makes noise when he/she clears the crowd for a shot. Had one taken at the Peak. Even though it was crowded like anything, you wouldn't have been able to tell. There was only me, my wife and the lights of TST in the background in the photo. :)
Hehe, photography is an interest to me :) It doesnt matter if the shot doesnt turn out nice(but of course, if it's nice, that's a plus), but I wan ppl to see the world thru my eyes =:p Furthermore, if the shots turn out nice, it's a satisfaction of some sort. Hehe. But I really lazy to lug tripod around ah. Thk I will die of exhaustion from the weight :o

Clarity

Reaction score
lowjk said:
Have all kinds of outlet to suit all budgets - McD, Starbucks (or was it Coffee Bean), Delifrance to the western restaurant I mentioned.

I ate at Zen (because I am a "tiong kok kia" who cannot do without chinese food). Fair price ~$150 for 2 pax. (about the same as humble house at Esplanade). Very good food.

Although the dinner was very good and relaxing, I was disappointed with the service level for that kind of price (did not get the window seat I reserved, mix up my order, matre'd did not bid farewell or open the door for me even though he was next to it and my hands were full with my wife's shopping) , so not recommending it to you.
Hmm.. bad service indeed is a no-no. Even food is first class, also wun feel happy eating there bah. Somemore, not looking forward to getting mad while on Birthday trip =:p I thk I will try out the StarBucks / Coffee Bean. I love coffee =:p

Clarity

Reaction score
kenesh said:
Yes.. many ledges around so make sure u make full use of them. :) Remember those mini tripods :D Ahh.. u'll be able to take "professional" looking night shots with ur own camera :s13: No horse run :D
Got those mini tripods with those extendable legs.. But quite unstable, when extended. That aside, it's also pretty heavy. Haha. And also, it's actually pink in color -.-" Urm, I wanted a white one, then the salesperson duno y gave me a pink one. Argh. Looks so girly and kiddish that I also dun dare to use. Haha. I thk I'd try the ledge =P

Clarity

Reaction score
Ok, time for some contributions. Some eating places my frens found from some forum or something. Will try these when I go =:p the KFC egg tart seems super interesting =:p Milk and mushroom tart too :s13:

1) Dao Hiang Dim Sum, London Restaurant
Address: 612 Nathan Rd. Good hope building Mongkok, Kowloon HK
Go Mongkok MTR, Exit E2

try to spot the gold words against a reddish brown marble wall.. it says "Lun Dun Da Jiu Lou

2) Sweet Dynasty @ TST.
Address: Ground Floor, 88 Canton Road, Tsimshatsui, Kln (opposite Harbour City)
Try their Tou Fu with strawberries. Also try the You Tiao wrap with Chee Cheong Fun, wonton mee, char siew pau.
http://www.sweetdynasty.com.hk

Eateries
1) Yee Shun Milk Co (pudding near Sogo at Causeway bay)
2) A shop selling Zhi Cha near to Standford hotel. Celebrities pics on glass doors
3) Mido cafe as recommended by i-weekly. Baked Rice, Macau Café, Chu Qian Yi Ding at one of the eateries at
Sai Yeung Choi street
4) Yung Kee is at
32-40 Wellington Street in Central. (Roast Goose)
5) little basket pau, tamtam mee, chicken soup at Wing Lei Yuen at the Gourmet Centre in Whampoa
6) Sichuan restaurant in Causeway bay called Man Jiang Hung on Patterson Street
7) Best Wan Tan Noodle award.
Sam Pan St - Across the road from Hopewell Centre in Wanchai.
8) Prince Edward MTR got one shop selling tarts, the milk and mushroom tarts is nice
9) KFC Egg Tart

Dim Sum

1) Lin Hueng Restaurant in Wellington Street, Central
2) Tai cheong egg tart, Wellington Street, Central
3) Maxim's henessy centre (Causeway Bay) 2-5pm HK$8.8 per basket (excluding har kow and siu mai)
4) Tao Heung Dimsum at Causeway Bay.

Clarity

Reaction score
Hi,

Sori, more Questions :o

1) Esprit warehouse @ P217-220, Basement 2, Palace Mall, Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon. What is the opening hrs? Planning to go from 5pm - 7pm, scare closed.

2) Repulse Bay. Found the following directions to get there :
Take bus no. 6, 6A, 6X, 66, 260 from Central (Exchange Square) Bus Terminus and alight at Repulse Bay. This Bus terminal is @ Central MTR right?

Is there another way to get to Repulse Bay?

If take cab from Central , roughly cost how much? Thking of going to see the twin ten-meter-high statues of Tin Hau, the Queen of Heaven, and Avalokitesvara, the Goddess of Mercy.

state22

Reaction score
Hi guys ,

I read abt the Citygate Shopping mall .. but i can seem to locate it on the map ..

can some helpful soul tell me where the location is ?

Oh yeah has any of the recent HK goers been to OCean PArk ? i was thinkin of goin there ...

Thank you !!!

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
Clarity said:
Hi,

Sori, more Questions :o
2) Repulse Bay. Found the following directions to get there :
Take bus no. 6, 6A, 6X, 66, 260 from Central (Exchange Square) Bus Terminus and alight at Repulse Bay. This Bus terminal is @ Central MTR right?

Is there another way to get to Repulse Bay?

If take cab from Central , roughly cost how much? Thking of going to see the twin ten-meter-high statues of Tin Hau, the Queen of Heaven, and Avalokitesvara, the Goddess of Mercy.

Hmm, i think u just take those bus there, if there's no jam or whatsoever, then u should reach repluse bay in around 15 to 20mins. 260 will be slightly faster as it dosent stop at wan chai, but cost slight more. Btw, in Hong Kong, most of the people do not board buses at terminus unless it is absolutely necessary to do so or it is nearer. But anyway yes, it operates from Exchange Square ("near" Central) MTR. Or if u see a stop with this services, just look at the destination display and u might want to board from there. Cab roughly cost $40~60

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
state22 said:
Hi guys ,

I read abt the Citygate Shopping mall .. but i can seem to locate it on the map ..

can some helpful soul tell me where the location is ?

Oh yeah has any of the recent HK goers been to OCean PArk ? i was thinkin of goin there ...

Thank you !!!
Citygate shopping mall is at Tung Chung, the end of the Tung Chung MTR line. It is somewhere near to the airport and not in the city area.

Clarity

Reaction score
CharmanderWong said:
Hmm, i think u just take those bus there, if there's no jam or whatsoever, then u should reach repluse bay in around 15 to 20mins. 260 will be slightly faster as it dosent stop at wan chai, but cost slight more. Btw, in Hong Kong, most of the people do not board buses at terminus unless it is absolutely necessary to do so or it is nearer. But anyway yes, it operates from Exchange Square ("near" Central) MTR. Or if u see a stop with this services, just look at the destination display and u might want to board from there. Cab roughly cost $40~60
Hi, The cab cost is hk$40-60? What would be the cost for bus? Since there are 3 of us, might be cheaper to take a bus :)

Erm... Some more questions if u dun mind:o

For Fa Yuen Street, Ladies Street, Temple street, typically, how long is the street? Will need to spend how much time @ each area?

Last edited:

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Clarity said:
For Fa Yuen Street, Ladies Street, Temple street, typically, how long is the street? Will need to spend how much time @ each area?

Clarity, I feel that you are trying too hard to squeeze everything into your trip.
Try to relax. It's good to have an itinery buy your programme seems more like a school timetable :) . Relax, have fun. If a place appeals to you or your friends, just stay on and drop the others. There's always next time. :s13:

Clarity

Reaction score
lowjk said:
Clarity, I feel that you are trying too hard to squeeze everything into your trip.
Try to relax. It's good to have an itinery buy your programme seems more like a school timetable :) . Relax, have fun. If a place appeals to you or your friends, just stay on and drop the others. There's always next time. :s13:
Haha... Ya, it's kinda squeezy >_< But duno wat to drop though. So many nice places to go. Hmm, also, 3 person going on a trip, different ppl like different things, so have to fit all in.. somehow. Haha.

Wun be back to HK so soon I guess... Still got the rest of the world to go =:p

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
Clarity said:
Hi, The cab cost is hk$40-60? What would be the cost for bus? Since there are 3 of us, might be cheaper to take a bus :)

Erm... Some more questions if u dun mind:o

Ya it should be around $40 to $60 per way, bus cost $8.40 to $10.20 for the towards trip and $5+ for the return trip. I suggest u take a bus, and sit on the level 2 right infront of the wind screen =) exciting!

The street can be quite long if u walk the entire stretch 1km ~ 2km? around there i guess. and there are stalls on both left, right and center of the street, so u might have to walk a few times up and down if u want to cover everything.

Anyway, make sure u have time to Eat, the last time i bought some friends there we went so many places that we had so little time to eat.

Clarity

Reaction score
CharmanderWong said:
Ya it should be around $40 to $60 per way, bus cost $8.40 to $10.20 for the towards trip and $5+ for the return trip. I suggest u take a bus, and sit on the level 2 right infront of the wind screen =) exciting!

The street can be quite long if u walk the entire stretch 1km ~ 2km? around there i guess. and there are stalls on both left, right and center of the street, so u might have to walk a few times up and down if u want to cover everything.

Anyway, make sure u have time to Eat, the last time i bought some friends there we went so many places that we had so little time to eat.
Planning to spend abt 2hrs each for each Street... I thk should be ok hor?

Haha.. bus seems like a nice experience. But ah, seriously scare of missing the stop. Lolz. The worse thing that can happen, is when u get lost... haa

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.