Earphone Review: Battle of sub $80 in-ears earphones plus others!

Reaction score
is there anyone else with this similar problem? that it's not always that i can get the optimal seal every time. i'm wondering if it's due to temperature difference which causes expansion/contraction on the ears/sleeves. :s11:

wonder if getting UE flanges will solve this.

Last edited:

dle4e_2005

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
theatreofdreams said:
in this case if i were to look for an upgrade, should it be um1 or uesf3?

if you like bass alot why not try the ck7 ??

if you like musical sound alot then try the UM1....

if you nlike details more than bass than try the er6/i ....

as for ue sf3 i have not tried b4...

Zephyron

Reaction score
^
EP630 type of bass of CK7? Aye, different story larz.

CK7's bass is very fast, punchy and clear, goes something like 'THWACK', and is never boomy.

EP630's bass is 'KATHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!'

I think you get the idea.

Zephyron

Reaction score
theatreofdreams said:
in this case if i were to look for an upgrade, should it be um1 or uesf3?
Hmm, depends on what you're looking for. Barely any of the higher end IEMs have the bass quantity of the EP630, save perhaps the UE SF5EB

theory_87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
FS1 and UE SF%eb is a bass head IEM... but very muddy... UM@, E5 oso quite heavy heavy...

VelociRaptor

Reaction score
Zephyron said:
^
EP630 type of bass of CK7? Aye, different story larz.

CK7's bass is very fast, punchy and clear, goes something like 'THWACK', and is never boomy.

EP630's bass is 'KATHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!'

I think you get the idea.

Haha nicely put.. I had to turn off my EQ bass boost when i was trying out ym friends 630's...

bluetin

Reaction score
we are the audio technica people :)

we have ck7 at $129, and many other ear & headphones.

we can post it to u, or if u r near bishan, you can pickup from our place at braddell hill.

bluetin.com

ExistXz said:
Hmm does anyone know where else to get the Audio Technica ATH-CK7s besides Stereo Electronics cause I live really far away from the Causeway area. Heard that Hung Bros at SLS sells it but does anyone know if they have the stock? Can't seem to contact the shop. How about HMV Hereen.. Oh and the price is around $120 and not $160 right? Anyone know? Thanks in advance! :)

Last edited:

TheRockSays

Reaction score
Combined my Cresyn E630 with Creative EP630's S size ear bud... Conclusion: PERFECT!

85% of EP630's bass but with great clarity!

snakewen

Reaction score
cheap creative earphones

HI guys,
i am selling a brand new creative earphones (EP-635) for $30
Intersted give me a call at 96717410. . . deal around central or east area.

Zephyron

Reaction score
Guys, please don't use this thread for advertising.

There's another forum for that.

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks Zep. :)

Guys, this thread is not for any form of advertising be it personal or commercial! :s8:

ExistXz

Reaction score
bluetin said:
we have ck7 at $129, and many other ear & headphones.

we can post it to u, or if u r near bishan, you can pickup from our place at braddell hill.

bluetin.com

Hey, thanks but i've gotten my earphones already.

Pretty satisfied with it. Quality's superb and as the reviews say. But one thing tho is the microphonics. It's pretty irritating but i guess i've just gotta get used to it..

Anyway I was down at Jaben testing out the earphones.. Tried almost all, the UM1, UM2, Ultimate Ears, etc etc. BUT they all sound like some cheap radio earphones. I think afbug did mention that in one his reviews that if you dont know how to wear it properly that'll be the result. So how on earth do you wear it properly? Especially when youre like there to test, you wont really know which ear piece would fit you and all. And the worst part is that you'll never know whether youre really wearing it properly or not because only you yourself can hear the sound it's producing. Anyone have suggestions to that?

and the uncle at Jaben is really friendly. Haha if there the gems things there i'd give him a 11/10 for service. Yeah doubt you'll be able to find such service anywhere else. :)

Techno Pride

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
afbug1 said:
That is a Incase for Shuffle. Got prints. Avaliable at applesg online store. Comes in a pack of 5. Sell those you don't want? I bought mine from a female who took all the girly colours, so just nice, I take black and blue. :)

The ipod button prints ruin it all. I bought a cheapo $2 sock instead =:p

btw, u might want to update your E888 review.

Sony is still producing them. Saw a Made In China E888 (labelled yr 2006) at Sony Gallery Bugis today.

afbug1

Master Member
Reaction score
Techno Pride said:

The ipod button prints ruin it all. I bought a cheapo $2 sock instead =:p

btw, u might want to update your E888 review.

Sony is still producing them. Saw a Made In China E888 (labelled yr 2006) at Sony Gallery Bugis today.

E888LP is in production. SP version is rare and MP version phased out already. :o Still got label 06? lol. Ok thanks for the update. Will do a overhaul one of these days.

dle4e_2005

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which would be a good upgrade from my 10.5months old Cresyn E630 if used without amp???

CK7,E888 or Ksc75???

Last edited:

VelociRaptor

Reaction score
dle4e_2005 said:
which would be a good upgrade from my 10.5months old Cresyn E630 if used without amp???

CK7,E888 or Ksc75???

With isolation ck-7 if not KSC-75 with kramer mods :s8:

dle4e_2005

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
VelociRaptor said:
With isolation ck-7 if not KSC-75 with kramer mods :s8:

Have Trade my Little Dots Micro+ and HP-1 for CK7 ytd.....

Wanted to get the Ksc75 but Amazon doesnt stock it(only their third party seller stocks it)
so i think i would be getting the KSC75 locally.....

Wanted to Thanks Mr.W for letting me listen to many IEM and try out many amp ytd.....

Spent about 1.5hrs in the shop.......

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.