HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
CharmanderWong said:
Depends on where u maybe going to, if u taxi all the way to hotel in HK island, thats going to cost you more than $300. And, if Cityflyer - Airport express coach stops right infront of your hotel, board it! Fast and convient, cheap compared to taxi also and it takes the same route as your taxi uses.

Speed wise it may not be true that cab is faster, trains has a rated "23mins to city" :D
Depends on where u are going

You have to factor in the waiting time for the Cityflyer coach. When coming here it was close to 20 minutes and the trip itself took an hour.

For Airport express, there's the waiting time, frequency is every 12 mins plus transfer.

Also like I mention there isn't any need to manage the heavy luggage around.

:s22:

If baggage is light than another cheaper though slow would be to take the Citybus. There's luggage racks at the front of the bus. There's CCTV showing the luggage racks on the upper deck. Takes over a hour from HKIA to Hung Hom but hey it's cheap only HK$33 for an adult.

I just wanted to say there's more than the Airport Express getting to/from HKIA and that taxis can be a good value! :) :D

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
s7460597 said:
You have to factor in the waiting time for the Cityflyer coach. When coming here it was close to 20 minutes and the trip itself took an hour.

For Airport express, there's the waiting time, frequency is every 12 mins plus transfer.

Also like I mention there isn't any need to manage the heavy luggage around.

:s22:

If baggage is light than another cheaper though slow would be to take the Citybus. There's luggage racks at the front of the bus. There's CCTV showing the luggage racks on the upper deck. Takes over a hour from HKIA to Hung Hom but hey it's cheap only HK$33 for an adult.

I just wanted to say there's more than the Airport Express getting to/from HKIA and that taxis can be a good value! :) :D

Yes, actually it depend where exactly you want to go. 1 hour is not too bad compare to Airport express as if you take in the transfer time (you still have to transfer from Airport express to whatever available transport to hotel). It will be around 1 hour too.

xravenx

Reaction score
hi all, just to check with you guys if Rambler Garden Hotel is a good place to stay in for my visiting to hk?

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
xravenx said:
hi all, just to check with you guys if Rambler Garden Hotel is a good place to stay in for my visiting to hk?

Taken from
http://www.all-hotels.com/xbook/servlet/hotel-details?hotl_id=382208

The hotel is a bit out of Central Hong Kong, but transportation is easily accessible. This hotel is located in Tsing Yi, conveniently just 30 minutes away from the International Airport. The closest MTR (Mass Transit Railway) stations are Kwai Fong Station and Tsing Yi Station, which are about 10 minutes drive from the hotel. The mini busses stop just in front of the hotel. The hotel is 30 to 40 minutes away by MTR ride to Tsim Sha Tsui and Central Hong Kong

Too out of the way for me.

hplanet

Reaction score
today just came back to sg and done this way to go hk airport to catch my flight!

Take a cab from wan chai to hong knog station only HK$20 then i was luck to get 3 guys and each fork out HK$70 for the hk express train.

My total cost to the airport is only HK$20 + $70 = $90

fast and cheap for me....

The cheapest way is still the airport express bus lah

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
hplanet said:
today just came back to sg and done this way to go hk airport to catch my flight!

Take a cab from wan chai to hong knog station only HK$20 then i was luck to get 3 guys and each fork out HK$70 for the hk express train.

My total cost to the airport is only HK$20 + $70 = $90

fast and cheap for me....

The cheapest way is still the airport express bus lah
ya airport bus is cheapest no doubt, but if jam = die :D lol...

xravenx

Reaction score
s7460597 said:
Taken from
http://www.all-hotels.com/xbook/servlet/hotel-details?hotl_id=382208

The hotel is a bit out of Central Hong Kong, but transportation is easily accessible. This hotel is located in Tsing Yi, conveniently just 30 minutes away from the International Airport. The closest MTR (Mass Transit Railway) stations are Kwai Fong Station and Tsing Yi Station, which are about 10 minutes drive from the hotel. The mini busses stop just in front of the hotel. The hotel is 30 to 40 minutes away by MTR ride to Tsim Sha Tsui and Central Hong Kong

Too out of the way for me.
thanks for the input bro, appreciate that

state22

Reaction score
jus back from HK :)

the Viewing Mall is almost completed .. left one level still under goin renovation
but its already open to public

the top level is the Open air viewing area

there are also quite a few eateries n some shopping up on the Viewing mall

JDelphiNet

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Please note that the guards in The Peak do not allow tripods to be setup. Thus, it's a bit of a pain in the ass to take night shots from up above.

Gotta improvise.

:Later,

buzzmario

Reaction score
cost for photos to be taken by other

JDelphiNet said:
Please note that the guards in The Peak do not allow tripods to be setup. Thus, it's a bit of a pain in the ass to take night shots from up above.

Gotta improvise.

Any idea what is the cost for the photos service at the peak?

hubster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the Ngoong ping skyrail finally officially opened yesteday now should be more convenient

zbl_81

Reaction score
hplanet said:
more to add on city gate

you can buy a few factory outlets in city gate like Esprit & adidas & nike & levis.
Esprit factory outlets just open last month on 20+ aug and is the biggest in hk so far and the cheapest i seen
Tung Chong is quite a new town and nice place and you can take a bus 11 at Tung Chung termial to go Tai O and enjoy one of the best place in hk

Tai O ---> best food will be ah po mountian water bean curd, prawn paste, ton of satled fish and seafood. and bring you back to kampong of hk!!

Kuan Tong is more factory outlets i even seen :D
hi there......can i check whether it's convenient to go from e airport or while on e way back to e airport to citygate which is at tung chong? what bus/mtr to take? is there any place whereby i can place my lugguage while i shop ard? thanks :)

Sendoh82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seriously after going to hong kong~ i feel that not really worth to go ba~ the peak was nice~ the food was nice but quite costly. if next time i have a choice~ would rather go bangkok :D

wuso

Reaction score
Really? Darn.

JDelphiNet said:

Gotta improvise.

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sendoh82 said:
think it was 75hkd

HKD80 at Avenue of Stars
HKD100 at Peak (this one was really worth it as the photographer really cleared the crowd for you).

Of course, price depends on size of print.

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
zbl_81 said:
hi there......can i check whether it's convenient to go from e airport or while on e way back to e airport to citygate which is at tung chong? what bus/mtr to take? is there any place whereby i can place my lugguage while i shop ard? thanks :)
What airlines are u taking? If ur airline allows early check in in HKIA, then go to the airport early and check in ur luggage. Then take S1 direct to Citygate @ Tung Chung.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
JDelphiNet said:

Gotta improvise.

which part of the peak guards don't allow? was there couple weeks ago, lots of people using tripod (including me) to take pics. can only think it's at the top of the new building.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.