Thread all abt ROLEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

khimwoon

Reaction score
the newer DJ i can say is totally diff from the older series and i can say its worth the price increase... the new bracelet is worth it... solid and heavy...

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Presssss said:
]
3374811054989253wd.jpg

Bro Beng hoo,

I urgently yr advise here as you are a knowledgeable rolex siao...

My Auntie is selling this watch to me at $2000/- which is ard my budget which she bought from AD for $4100 in Yr 2001 -never worn before cos it was a meant for my uncle and suan suan they got divorced not long after the purchase...

She had been keeping it ever since 2001...Confrim brand new as i had assessed the watch liao with box and warranty card...Do you think it is a good buy? and is it suitable for a guy like me (25 yrs old) I like it actually and view it as a classic watch instead, but on the other hand scad plp say" wow lau why u wear ah pek watch"? Ha...ha....

Thanks in advance!

Regards
Lim

if you dun mind no date can buy.. quite a good price... since is yr relatives you judge yrself shld you bring the watch to rolex service center to check for real or fake parts :o

benqhoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Presssss said:
My Auntie is selling this watch to me at $2000/- which is ard my budget which she bought from AD for $4100 in Yr 2001 -never worn before cos it was a meant for my uncle and suan suan they got divorced not long after the purchase...

She had been keeping it ever since 2001...Confrim brand new as i had assessed the watch liao with box and warranty card...Do you think it is a good buy? and is it suitable for a guy like me (25 yrs old) I like it actually and view it as a classic watch instead, but on the other hand scad plp say" wow lau why u wear ah pek watch"? Ha...ha....

Thanks in advance!

Regards
Lim
my knowledge so so only lah..we just share share what we know here...and i not that siao lah..til now i only got 1 pic...:o

your auntie bought the watch 2001..you see the watch is the older 14000 or the newer 14000M...then check the resale price of that watch (like pwn shop willing to offer how much) now...so incase you dont like n want to sell away your can est. how much you will loss..
if is the 14000M, with box and warranty card..good condition...2k..quite worth...saving of >50%...:D

Presssss

Reaction score
hi guys,

i checked liao, its the 14000 older version she is selling..... not the current 14000M. I oso pondering whether to buy or nt.....hee...hee.... So far i see majority of the youngsters wearing the professional series( Explorer, submariner etc) or boy series(Date just) onli......then i m the odd one wearing air king.....ha...ha....wat u guys think then?

benqhoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
all depending on ur budget and what you really want...getting a new rolex oyster pro, DJ..going cost you easily >5k now...

if you got a smaller budget and still want a rolex..that airking quite ok becuase of the condition you mention and the seller is ur auntie..
just check how much outside willing to 'eat' incase yuo want sell it away...

meatloaf

Reaction score
benqhoo said:
for Oyster Pro..ADs usually limited stock..all depend what rolex allocate to them......likely they will clear the old stock 1st...you can check before you buy...

and my reminder...this watch got no 'date' hoh...if you ok no date..then fine..:o

thxs. i don't need the 'date'.

I heard that HG normally offers 15% discount on the nett price.

benqhoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
meatloaf said:
thxs. i don't need the 'date'.

I heard that HG normally offers 15% discount on the nett price.
my time i check they dont give discount for this model....

just go Ads and check out urself the prices....best liao...:D

weekhiang

Master Member
Reaction score
Presssss said:
hi guys,

i checked liao, its the 14000 older version she is selling..... not the current 14000M. I oso pondering whether to buy or nt.....hee...hee.... So far i see majority of the youngsters wearing the professional series( Explorer, submariner etc) or boy series(Date just) onli......then i m the odd one wearing air king.....ha...ha....wat u guys think then?
buy from ur aunty first ah.....maybe u will grow to like it...then next time buy the professional series one lor.....

chiliout

Reaction score
i would like to know where to buy 2nd hand rolex submarines and sea dwellers? any good and honest place to recommend? if i were to get 2 year old sub with date condition is very good how much would it cost? thx in advance for replying

NottingHill

Reaction score
chiliout said:
i would like to know where to buy 2nd hand rolex submarines and sea dwellers? any good and honest place to recommend? if i were to get 2 year old sub with date condition is very good how much would it cost? thx in advance for replying

Hi there, just got my 14060 Sub non-date today!! :)

Got it from Monster Time (http://www.monster-time.com/index.asp)
The price will vary depends on condition, whether there's paper, box, etc.

Go down and check it out yourself. Cheers...

chris_thng

Reaction score
chiliout said:
is it more worthwile to buy 2nd hand or brand new?

i think its worthy to buy second hand if u intend to wear them (but u must ensure they are
genuine and in prestine condition and that i meant internally mainly)

My opinion: Buy NEW if u intend to keep n collect only.

:s12:

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
chris_thng said:
i think its worthy to buy second hand if u intend to wear them (but u must ensure they are
genuine and in prestine condition and that i meant internally mainly)

My opinion: Buy NEW if u intend to keep n collect only.

:s12:

Buy a watch to keep?? wahhaaha... i rather buy gold... but i like yr metallity thats why we still can get brand new 2nd watch in the market.. keep and dun wear i agreed unless it is a special and limited edition watch else forget it.... a watch is mean to be wear.. :o

maguses

Reaction score
If I want a yellow gold rolex that is more rugged looking (datejust is just a bit too gentlemanly) which one is the cheapest ah? Would substituting with leather strap make it cheaper heehee. I dun wanna burst 10k

chris_thng

Reaction score
Nakedtoes said:
Buy a watch to keep?? wahhaaha... i rather buy gold... but i like yr metallity thats why we still can get brand new 2nd watch in the market.. keep and dun wear i agreed unless it is a special and limited edition watch else forget it.... a watch is mean to be wear.. :o

hee maybe i should rephrase abit.

- wat i meant is buy new to keep as collection: ie limited or with exteme values.
- if want to buy and wear for fun then maybe second hand will do with prestine condition la.

*But for me, my watches are for wear even they are NEW :)
But once worn = visible wear and tear and resale will be low.

- sold some of my collection at lower than average prices because they are visibly worn.

cheers
:s13:

Presssss

Reaction score
Rolex Date-Just

benqhoo said:
all depending on ur budget and what you really want...getting a new rolex oyster pro, DJ..going cost you easily >5k now...

if you got a smaller budget and still want a rolex..that airking quite ok becuase of the condition you mention and the seller is ur auntie..
just check how much outside willing to 'eat' incase yuo want sell it away...
Hi bro beng hoo and fellow rolex lovers,

Just to share my joy and pls dun misunderstand that i trying to' how lian' hee...hee

After much consideration and budget wise, i had bought a 2nd- hand Date- just few days back. So happen that during a shopping trip with my mum as she is oso a rolex lover , we passed by and went into a 2nd-hand rolex dealer in town.

We saw a 'boy size'( suitable for me cos hand quite slim) date-just with blue dial roman and I fell in love with it at 1st sight and the rest is history.... Mum manage to bargain the price for me and i bought it on the spot. Quite happy with my first rolex....hee...hee....bought it for $3600/- watch had just been polished and one year warranty from the dealer.( including parts and labour)

He also gave me a warranty card that states that he will 'eat' back the watch for 80% of the sale price if sold back to him within 3 months. I oso visited the pawnshop yesterday and he quoted me $2000/. The pawnshop uncle oso mentioned that the brand new'rolex boy' prices keeps going up recently and 2nd hand' rolex boy' market beri bad now..wow lau eh...sad to hear that!

Anyone can advise whether izzit true that that this model is retailing at ard $6600 after 15% discount at Rolex AD for brand-new ones as mentioned by my mum. Any comments about my purchase? izzit too exp for a watch like that?

Similar to this one- but mine dated in yr 2001.
http://www.passions.com.sg/Rolex_Gents/4868-Rolex.jpg

Regards

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.