Univeristy Of Wollongong (SIM) future/current/students come in!!!

HelloPC1981

Reaction score
ahchuntct said:
hey did any1 manage to find out if there were enough ppl for the BIT course this oct ? I still haven got the reply letter should i call them ?? my case is 1.5 yrs adv standing need to take bridging course
u get 1.5 yrs adv standing? wat dip u have n how long u take to get the dip?? cos i'm having dip IT from psb, 20 months. jus wondering how long will i be exempted if were to enroll to the degree:)

elf108

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i also haven receive but call they say i already admitted and got 1.5 yrs adv standing

but the letter is fugging slow man, orientation soon liao still haben cum :mad:

ahchuntct

Reaction score
Hey elf108 u also in BIT program ?? hihi.. Are any of u guys having second thoughts of joining UniSim's BICT with honors?? Im having second thoughts now.. Which 1 do u guys suggest would be a "more recognised" degree(meaning I will be more "employable" in public n private sector ) ?

I called SIM bout this issue and they said that MOE doesnt have a list of recognised degrees but UOW is the more "popular" choice in IT industry(their exact words)....The difference between the 2 degrees ?.. the person said she doesnt have the info on Unisim BICT adn added that unisim needed 2 yrs work exp n above 21 years old... -.-... Any1 has info of higher studies(masters) or certificates(CCNA etc.) after this BIT program??

averx1234

Reaction score
ahchuntct said:
Hey elf108 u also in BIT program ?? hihi.. Are any of u guys having second thoughts of joining UniSim's BICT with honors?? Im having second thoughts now.. Which 1 do u guys suggest would be a "more recognised" degree(meaning I will be more "employable" in public n private sector ) ?

I called SIM bout this issue and they said that MOE doesnt have a list of recognised degrees but UOW is the more "popular" choice in IT industry(their exact words)....The difference between the 2 degrees ?.. the person said she doesnt have the info on Unisim BICT adn added that unisim needed 2 yrs work exp n above 21 years old... -.-... Any1 has info of higher studies(masters) or certificates(CCNA etc.) after this BIT program??
Why so many ??????.....BIT is DL degree loh.....UniSim degrees are all local degrees for adults (21 and above)...How to judge Popular...in terms of certs maybe unisim is too new but is recognise by Spore empolyees...UOW in another hand is recognise world wide (Usa.....) despite it is a aus cert..but for Spore too many grads liao ......It is up to You guys who wana take UOW or Unisim.......Do some research......UOW more popular in IT industry???Can compare to local Grads????

elf108

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ahchuntct said:

wat is BIT ?
i applied Comp sci Digital security system loh
if tml no letter i call them fug again :s27:
ur question very chim leh :s42:
anyway UOW is really not bad in IT, cos i noe some high post ppl also from UOW one

BluishAngel

Reaction score
averx1234 said:
Why so many ??????.....BIT is DL degree loh.....UniSim degrees are all local degrees for adults (21 and above)...How to judge Popular...in terms of certs maybe unisim is too new but is recognise by Spore empolyees...UOW in another hand is recognise world wide (Usa.....) despite it is a aus cert..but for Spore too many grads liao ......It is up to You guys who wana take UOW or Unisim.......Do some research......UOW more popular in IT industry???Can compare to local Grads????
maybe can take a look at this website:

http://www.contactsingapore.org.sg/foremployers/findtop_australia_university.shtml

it states that UOW is one of the recommended universities for the "Computing and Information Technology" discipline

damdam

Reaction score
bikerboi said:
just to note....
i've already applied for the coming oct intake.......
anyone here has done so too???
can look for future kakis...lol
I've been accepted into 3rd year. Anyone else going for the orientation?

ahchuntct

Reaction score
wa quite a few ppl study comp sci digital sercurity .. no1 study the bsc in IT program ?? :p

damdam

Reaction score
Goonies_88 said:
timetable out right?

CNY DSS got lesson ar?

anyone can verify?
I've only gotten the time table from oct to dec. Furthermore, I dont really when exactly Chinese New Year is. :D

Just to add on, anyone else coming to DSS FT 3rd year?

Goonies_88

Master Member
Reaction score
icic.. i got the timetable from sim student portal under Schedule column... where u get yours from?

Goonies_88

Master Member
Reaction score
but quite lucky all our lesson at 2-5pm.... its only the first 2 weeks intesive.. mon to sat... other than that its mon,wed, fri.. 2-5pm... correct?

Goonies_88

Master Member
Reaction score
yeah 3rd year... for my excel file.. it stopped at Feb 07... march is left blank...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.