HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

EVO13

Reaction score
How long does Hong Kong Airport express and Citybus Cityflyer to reach TST hotel area?? Est time

dekko25

Reaction score
Volvo9 said:
Hi, i'm going HK in Nov with family of 4(2 teenage), on budget holiday 4D3N F&E by Jetstar.
Normally, on budget trip, tix to buy is Jetsaver rite since gg on budget?
As for accommodation, decided to go for Dragon Inn or Ah Shan hostel, any comments on this two in comparison of service and other issues?
Oh ya, the flight is in the morning 6.40am, so what time must be there for check-in?

its 2 hours before departure time lo. So it will be 04.40am for check-in. :)

dekko25

Reaction score
Do you guys recommend to visit HKG during the DEC period? Thought of doing some shopping more than scenery tour. Read some posts and looks like ive missed the shopping season bah....

Need to wear winter clothings there or just a wind breaker will suffice?

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
EVO13 said:
How long does Hong Kong Airport express and Citybus Cityflyer to reach TST hotel area?? Est time
Approx 50mins to 1 hour if u are staying in TST.

dekko25, actually it depends, if u are looking for latest fashion etc etc, then u just missed the non winter season clothes, if u dun mind of the old stocks, its the best time to get them because they sell non winter clothing in winter cheaper :D

Weather is about...25+ *C in the day, may shoot up to 30 if wind blows in hotter air towards hk

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Volvo9 said:
serious ah! can get cab so early boh o rmust book?
Depending on where you stay.

My area, there're empty cabs moving on and off, so I didn't call a cab when I'd to take that early flight. Waited for less than 10 mins. :)

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Airport Express tickets:

We bought a set of 4 tickets (just tell them there're 4 of us) and we noticed its total cost is lower than the cost of 4 individual tickets.

Good to take note, if you're travelling in a group. :)

Volvo9

Reaction score
Habrosus said:
Depending on where you stay.

My area, there're empty cabs moving on and off, so I didn't call a cab when I'd to take that early flight. Waited for less than 10 mins. :)

at 4 plus i dun noe but ard 5.30am onwards shld hv o prob.

EVO13

Reaction score
So both Hong Kong Airport express and Citybus Cityflyer took almost the same time to reach TST?

JDelphiNet

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Habrosus said:
Airport Express tickets:

We bought a set of 4 tickets (just tell them there're 4 of us) and we noticed its total cost is lower than the cost of 4 individual tickets.

Good to take note, if you're travelling in a group. :)
They're having a promo now. IIRC, 2 one-way Airport Express tickets for HK$140.

:Later,

dekko25

Reaction score
Volvo9 said:
serious ah! can get cab so early boh o rmust book?

As real as a pearl. Depends on the flight load for your particular flight. Sometimes they will open the counters early i.e. T-2.5 hrs in order to finish checking in all the passengers without delaying the flight. If you are traveling on 3K and would like to get good seats (i.e. Emergency seats where there're more leg room), I suggest you come early to "choose" your seats.

Have a good trip. =)

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
Volvo9 said:
When is their peak hour? Is Saturday morning peak?
Nah, Cityflyer planned its routes so most of the time it will not run into any serious jam situation, so its safe to say there should nt be jams on any of the routes UNLESS 1. someone having protest, this one hard to say, could close down the entire road, and 2. traffic accident. anyway this two dosent happen frequently, unless really suay den nth to say.

Volvo9

Reaction score
Is TST more convient than Mongkok in terms of to and fro from airport and the surround areas or shopping and food?
any recommended hostel in TST?
How to go Shenzhen from TST?

Last edited:

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Volvo9 said:
Is TST more convient than Mongkok in terms of to and fro from airport and the surround areas or shopping and food?
How to Shenzhen from TST?

Mongkok is only a short distance from TST so not much difference. Food in TST is higher due to higher rentals.

Shopping like food can find everywhere. The question is what are you shopping for?

In Mongkok can go to Langham Place, Ladies' market. Short distance by MTR to Temple st and Sham Shui Po market.

Volvo9

Reaction score
your short distant is how short?

But TST got more place to go rite? oso convient when go back to airport izzit?

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
Volvo9 said:

Honestly i tell u, in Hong Kong theres nth called convient to the airport, its almost the same everywhere, just find a place within your budget and within a shopping district if u like to shop. e.g Mongkok.
Distance between mongkok and tst is 2 mtr stations away, i'll let u decide if thats short or nt.

If u are concerned about how to get to airport, the whole stretch from Mongkok to TST is served by A21 airport coach, so its not a problem to and fro the airport.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Volvo9 said:

If fact if you want to work. It will take you around 30min if you do not stop by to do other shopping.

I walk a few time this way already. Is quite ok especially weather is not hot.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Volvo9 said:
How to go Shenzhen from TST?

In fact, if you compare shopping. MongKok is the best. For Cheap to Expeansive. TST is more on expensive items.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.