HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

qqspot

Reaction score
Volvo9 said:
Hi, i'm going HK in Nov with family of 4(2 teenage), on budget holiday 4D3N F&E by Jetstar.
Normally, on budget trip, tix to buy is Jetsaver rite since gg on budget?
As for accommodation, decided to go for Dragon Inn or Ah Shan hostel, any comments on this two in comparison of service and other issues?
Oh ya, the flight is in the morning 6.40am, so what time must be there for check-in?
Dragon Inn or Ah Shan hostel is almost the same but location is diff

Dragon Inn or Ah Shan hostel are under hostel and they are small and crampy for 4 people.

Maybe you shall try budget hotel instead?

According to SG Airport T1 gudieline you have to check in at least 1 Hour before.
+ your transport to the airport time...

qqspot

Reaction score
EVO13 said:
How long does Hong Kong Airport express and Citybus Cityflyer to reach TST hotel area?? Est time
Depands how much your budget and your convience...

Hong Kong Airport express -> Kowloon Station around 30 mins + 12 mins waitting for the Express Train = Total Time Taken

Airport Express Bus should be 45mins-1hour++ + bus waiting time + Traffic Jam = Total Time Taken

qqspot

Reaction score
akh4958 said:
How is the weather at HK for October? Thks.
Hot in the day
cooling in the night

Raining day are shoik with clear sky to wash away all haze...

qqspot

Reaction score
CharmanderWong said:
Approx 50mins to 1 hour if u are staying in TST.

dekko25, actually it depends, if u are looking for latest fashion etc etc, then u just missed the non winter season clothes, if u dun mind of the old stocks, its the best time to get them because they sell non winter clothing in winter cheaper :D

Weather is about...25+ *C in the day, may shoot up to 30 if wind blows in hotter air towards hk
I hate Hotter win blow toward HK and then next thing you know no wind..

Mati liao, you become oven hot. Dun worry HK weather is getter better and better each day toward Dec...

qqspot

Reaction score
Habrosus said:
Airport Express tickets:

We bought a set of 4 tickets (just tell them there're 4 of us) and we noticed its total cost is lower than the cost of 4 individual tickets.

Good to take note, if you're travelling in a group. :)
Single Trip Tickets

1 pax = HK$100

3 pax = HK$ 70 each

Volvo9

Reaction score
qqspot said:
Dragon Inn or Ah Shan hostel is almost the same but location is diff

Dragon Inn or Ah Shan hostel are under hostel and they are small and crampy for 4 people.

Maybe you shall try budget hotel instead?

According to SG Airport T1 gudieline you have to check in at least 1 Hour before.
+ your transport to the airport time...

where to search for budget hotel?

qqspot

Reaction score
EVO13 said:
So both Hong Kong Airport express and Citybus Cityflyer took almost the same time to reach TST?
evo13, seriously depand where you stay ar...

qqspot

Reaction score
CharmanderWong said:
Nah, Cityflyer planned its routes so most of the time it
will not run into any serious jam situation, so its safe to say there should nt be jams on any of the routes UNLESS 1. someone having protest, this one hard to say, could close down the entire road, and 2. traffic accident. anyway this two dosent happen frequently, unless really suay den nth to say.
CharmanderWong depand you are sway or lucky right?

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
Firstly ggspot, try not to reply and quote everything in a new post, combine them. It makes this thread very hard to read for ppl who wants to go HK.

As i said, Cityflyer coaches are made to serve ppl going to the airport, so its planned such that all congestable areas will be avoided.

Hong Kong Airport express -> Kowloon Station around 30 mins + 12 mins waitting for the Express Train = Total Time Taken

Airport Express Bus should be 45mins-1hour++ + bus waiting time + Traffic Jam = Total Time Taken
I dont really agree on this, Cityflyer coaches will stop at most 2 streets away from most major hotels, unlike AE trains, which u might need to make a transfer on free shuttles OR a MTR ride to the AE station. So if u are taking the AE trains, u have to wait 2 times for firstly a free shuttle, and secondly the train. Also, not all hotels are served by the free shuttle or near an MTR station.

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
CharmanderWong said:
Hey Revolution,

HKTB @ Suntec is here:

9 Temasek Boulevard
#34-03 Suntec Tower Two
Singapore 038989
Tel: 6336 5800
Fax: 6336 5811

Do they have free maps there ?

insomnia12

Reaction score
I juz booked a 5d4n f&e trip to hongkong I pay $620 for the package. Is the price resonable? I will be going in mid nov.

I have read up some of the posting regarding the places to go and some nice place to eat but i still have some questions hope some of you can help me out.

1) As I'm going in mid Nov, will I be able to find clothings for singapore weather at the warehouse or shopping centers?

2) If I intend to spend from morning till maybe 2-3pm at the ocean park is that sufficient? Cos I have fren saying that's not enough and say I should stay until the park close at 6pm.

3) How much cash should i change? (Is SGD$500 enough?)

Think i will post my plan for the trip in the next few days hope u guys can give me some advice on it. Thanks.

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
insomnia12 said:
2) If I intend to spend from morning till maybe 2-3pm at the ocean park is that sufficient? Cos I have fren saying that's not enough and say I should stay until the park close at 6pm.

2) You might miss some shows if you stay until only 2-3pm. Give youself a bit more time. Relax, you're on vacation.

3) How much you bring really depends how much you want to spend and how well you want to eat (hey, if you are not spending money on eating good stuff in HK, there's no point going). I brought along $3k for 4d3n and still have to sign $1k to my credit card. :s13: Well, at least the wife and I are satisfied.

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
insomnia12 said:
juz to add on I'll be taking United airlines.

Good lord, I won't touch United again.
My flight was delayed by 40 min because the onboard computer broke down and they had to borrow 1 from SIA.

On top of that, their economy section was really cramped. (United has a economy plus section which is better (but this is the equivalent of economy class in CX or SIA).

insomnia12

Reaction score
oh **** that's bad... hmm u mean for ur flight from singapore to hong kong?

Think i must pray hard it dont happen to me...

vanquish77

Reaction score
insomnia12 said:
I juz booked a 5d4n f&e trip to hongkong I pay $620 for the package. Is the price resonable? I will be going in mid nov.

I have read up some of the posting regarding the places to go and some nice place to eat but i still have some questions hope some of you can help me out.

1) As I'm going in mid Nov, will I be able to find clothings for singapore weather at the warehouse or shopping centers?

Think i will post my plan for the trip in the next few days hope u guys can give me some advice on it. Thanks.

I am thinking of going in late Nov.... May i noe which hotel u booked?

And wat do u guys think of dorsett olympic hotel? i heard it is a relatively new hotel. :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.