HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried Ngong Ping 360 yet ?
Worth the money ?
Long queue ?
Saw the introduction and seems some people will have to stand for the ride for 20-25 min each way.

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tt32003 said:
Anyone tried Ngong Ping 360 yet ?
Worth the money ?
Long queue ?
Saw the introduction and seems some people will have to stand for the ride for 20-25 min each way.

Doesn't seem too bad.
Had to wait 40 min for Peak Tram on a Friday nite.
Likewise, 50 min wait for Winnie the Pooh ride (my kids wanted it, not me :s13: )

dekko25

Reaction score
tt32003 said:
Which airline ?

United Airlines.

NottingHill said:
Hi there...I'm also staying there... :D but I'll be there from 20 dec to 25 dec. They (the hotel) offered me HK750 (about S$152) nett per night for a double room except christmas night (HK850 nett). Then when I went around to source for airline and realise it will cost quite abit.

Then last sat at NATAS, I managed to get a package, flying via UA @ $816 per pax for the 6 days 5 nights.

Actually I was there at Stanford last yr and really like the location. But we were given a room with faulty heater and no bathtub. Hence before we checked out last yr, I left feedback for them. They replied via snail mail, dated the very next day and I was very impressed. Hence this year, I wrote to them saying that I'll be back (either booking the rooms directly with them or through an F&E package).

Requested for a double room with bathtub. Guess what, they offerred me a king bedded room with bathtub.... yeah....

Looking forward to my trip now....

Cheers..... :s12:

Hmm....you approached the hotel via email? Thought my price was already a good bargain..,yours better.

The package of 816 @ Natas was F&E with accom right? How come so ex leh... Wouldnt it be better if you book separately..since you already got good lobang for your hotel stay. :s11:

dekko25

Reaction score
Anyway NottingHill, any suggestion on the stuff you could do over there at night near the hotel other than movies.... the shops there open till quite late?

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Read somewhere that there is a free airport transfer to hotels.
Is it to all major hotels or have to make arrangement with the hotels ?
But must wait a long time right ?

NottingHill

Reaction score
dekko25 said:
United Airlines.

Hmm....you approached the hotel via email? Thought my price was already a good bargain..,yours better.

The package of 816 @ Natas was F&E with accom right? How come so ex leh... Wouldnt it be better if you book separately..since you already got good lobang for your hotel stay. :s11:

hi dekko25.... the package $816 per pax includes airfare and hotel with airport transfer...

although i was offerred the special rate from the hotel, after calculation, the hotel room charges for 5 nights comes up to about HK$3850... about S$785.... and then add the air tickets (not the budget airlines) for two, it will definitely cost more than S$1632..... anyway I thought the price is ok with me, as I paid about $700 plus per pax last yr for a 5D4N package (10 to 14 Dec)...and now I'm there during the christmas time (20 to 25 Dec)... :s12:

Last edited:

NottingHill

Reaction score
dekko25 said:
Anyway NottingHill, any suggestion on the stuff you could do over there at night near the hotel other than movies.... the shops there open till quite late?

Hi again... i know the shops around mongkok area open till quite late...so no problem... the usual area to visit....ladies st....fa yuen st..... temple st....portland st..... jade market... and of cos the usual tsim tsa tsui area....... ;-) by and large the kowloon area....

this time round i'm planning to explore areas like Sheung Wan area (Wing Lok St, Hollywood Rd area)... Central (Lan Kwai Fong area)....Causeway Bay area.... at Hong Kong Island....

Then will be going to Lantau for the Giant Buddha visit...and Ngong Ping..... Chi Lin Nunnery...at Diamond Hill..... and maybe thinking of either allocating one day for Shenzen or Disneyland....

Will be giving Ocean Park a miss, cause been there 3 times leow...hehehehe

But will still go to the Peak...cause last yr went up to go to the wax museum..they were closed.... so this time round can take pic with gor gor.... :o

Anyway, will plan when the time is near.... :s8:

Last edited:

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
dekko25 said:
I think u better find the source, theres nothing such as free airport transfer to hotels, however there is a free airport EXPRESS transfer from either HK station or Kowloon station to major hotels.

Volvo9

Reaction score
NottingHill said:
Then will be going to Lantau for the Giant Buddha visit...and Ngong Ping..... Chi Lin Nunnery...at Diamond Hill..... and maybe thinking of either allocating one day for Shenzen or Disneyland....

I plan to spend a day there but not sure where to go(shopping only) and how to go from Mong kok?

NottingHill

Reaction score
Volvo9 said:
I plan to spend a day there but not sure where to go(shopping only) and how to go from Mong kok?

Hi Vol, are you planning to go Lantau Island or shopping at Kowloon? I'm not very sure about shopping in Lantau Island...need to do some 'homework' first....

As for shopping in Mongkok, actually as long as you're along the stretch of Nathan Rd....no problem... :)

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tt32003 said:
Read somewhere that there is a free airport transfer to hotels.
Is it to all major hotels or have to make arrangement with the hotels ?
But must wait a long time right ?

Only have heard of "free" airport transfer if you buy a package.
So far, haven't heard of any major airport offering free airport-hotel transfer.
(if there is, car rental, taxi, MRTs, coach coy will all go out of business).

Volvo9

Reaction score
NottingHill said:
Hi Vol, are you planning to go Lantau Island or shopping at Kowloon? I'm not very sure about shopping in Lantau Island...need to do some 'homework' first....

As for shopping in Mongkok, actually as long as you're along the stretch of Nathan Rd....no problem... :)

actually, I plan to go Shenzhen to shop, just not sure how and where to go.
What is the best timing to go to The Peak?

NottingHill

Reaction score
Volvo9 said:
actually, I plan to go Shenzhen to shop, just not sure how and where to go.
What is the best timing to go to The Peak?

actually...i also not sure...but will see how things go.... as for the peak...guess i should be going up during the evening/night time...the previous trips was in the morning....

dekko25

Reaction score
cwsamuel said:
Main shopping area in Shenzhen is Dongmen. :)

What are the things available there? How long to travel from HKG to SZX? 1 day enough? or less than that for the whole trip to SZX + shopping??

cwsamuel

Reaction score
galacticnick said:
if i'm not interested in buying knock-offs, is there any reason to go shopping in shenzhen?

I guess it really depends on what you're looking for. But to be honest if you can spare the time, why not just go over there for a day? No harm, looking around. :)

cwsamuel

Reaction score
dekko25 said:
What are the things available there? How long to travel from HKG to SZX? 1 day enough? or less than that for the whole trip to SZX + shopping??

Well, nearly everything and anything can be bought in Shenzhen...i would say if you got the time, just go over look see, just to say you have been there did that. No harm right? As for getting to Shenzhen, usually i'll take the train to luo hu border. For details, when you are in HKG just ask your local hotel staff, they'll know how to get there for sure. Needless to say it's best if you know locals staying in HKG or Shenzhen, they can bring you around. :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.