Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
piakpiak said:
thanks!

this model is made of platinum so I guess the price should be at least 50K

I am currently based here in hk
if the price is cheaper here, then I dun go back to s'pore to buy leow
http://www.swissluxury.com/rolex-watches-cellini-cellinium.htm

dont think so expensive lah...see the link on top..List Price: $11,800.00~$15,400.00...US dollar..max also less than SG 30K lah...

so far i see their list price quit accurate/close to retail price...but not advisable to buy online(rolex dont allow online dealing)..want buy go to AD safer...:D

http://www.thehourglass.com/
you want can try check with the hourglass for the prices... :D

Last edited:

piakpiak

Master Member
Reaction score
benqhoo said:
http://www.swissluxury.com/rolex-watches-cellini-cellinium.htm

dont think so expensive lah...see the link on top..List Price: $11,800.00...US dollar..less then SG20K lah...

so far i see their list price quit accurate/close to retail price...but not advisable to buy online(rolex dont allow online dealing)..want buy go to AD safer...:D

http://www.thehourglass.com/
you want can try check with the hourglass for the prices... :D

thanks very much for the link!
really appreciate it! :)

bwaysaigan

Banned
Reaction score
piakpiak said:
anyone knows if this model is selling in s'pore?
if so, what is the approximate price?
otherwise I will buy in hk

1su3.jpg
cheepers than a HG daytonas lahs.
more sexpansives than yachtmasters.

boh liamond one rights?

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Explorer I, Datejust and Air King owners, need some opinion

Personally, I like the looks of the submariner, but I need a watch to wear everyday. I figured that the sub would be a little too loud and a little heavy.

Now I am looking at either a datejust, Airking or explorer, new or preowned.

Among the 3, i like the looks of explorer best, but cannot seem to find justification for paying so much premium for an airking with different dial and needle. For Datejust, I am a bit septical of the cyclops. I have an old hand wound datejust (plastic face), scraped the watch against something, the whole cyclops become blurr. Would sapphire crystal be equally fragile? And besides, I dont like the idea of adjusting the date for month without 31st. I find nothing wrong with airking, just that I don't like to buy things bottom of the range.

Pls advise

maguses

Reaction score
Explorer! Worn by Takuya Kimura! And it has a rich history! Understated cool. Simplicity is best.

Datejust was given to Winston Churchill after WWII. And its much older than Explorer. Its a gentleman's watch.

Submariner is a sporty watch, its not really loud. Def can wear daily. Esp if u r macho looking.

Haha it really depends on ur character lah. Are you a
1. Fashionable guy like Takuya, Rain - Explorer
2. Gentleman like Bae Yong Jun - Datejust
3. Sporty like Tiger Woods, Yao Ming - Submariner

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
maguses said:
Explorer! Worn by Takuya Kimura! And it has a rich history! Understated cool. Simplicity is best.

Datejust was given to Winston Churchill after WWII. And its much older than Explorer. Its a gentleman's watch.

Submariner is a sporty watch, its not really loud. Def can wear daily. Esp if u r macho looking.

Haha it really depends on ur character lah. Are you a
1. Fashionable guy like Takuya, Rain - Explorer
2. Gentleman like Bae Yong Jun - Datejust
3. Sporty like Tiger Woods, Yao Ming - Submariner

My heart is with the explorer, but at the same time I can't come to terms with paying so much more for a Air King with luminous dial. (I don't really forsee it will come in too handy for me)

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is the difference between

AirKing and Oyster Perpetual no date

Date and DateJust?

maguses

Reaction score
I like the Explorer too. Its a celebrity endorsed watch lor. U can tell people, "u got watch Love Generation? yes, this is THE watch." Then u can buy the crystal apple from tiffany, and after work, u can place it next to the apple, on your table and admire. U can also buy the VCD and put it next to it, then when ur friends visit, u can say "u got watch love generation..." Get the drift?

Explorer is COSC, airking is not right? So it underwent rigourous testing. 15 days of testing ok. It also has a rich history, don't u want to own a piece of history? Went up Everest leh. Airking does not have an illustrious history.

And u get higher resale value also mah.

And Explorer is more prestigious mah. Airking is entry level. If u meet fellow Rolexes, and u wear a Explorer, u get more street cred.

So u really are paying for something. Most of all, Explorer will put a bigger smile on ur face. And U can say I bought it, because I can afford it. And I love it.

benqhoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
pew said:
My heart is with the explorer, but at the same time I can't come to terms with paying so much more for a Air King with luminous dial. (I don't really forsee it will come in too handy for me)
me same like you when i getting my Explorer I 2yrs ago...till now i got no regret...the 1+k extra is worth..
the diff is mor than the luminous dial...the hr/min hands are dff...the bracelet diff, Exp I with flip lock bracelet + SEL..Exp I is COSC...and the great marketing too...:D
Rolex marketed the Exp I very well..and the watch 56yrs old long histroy is something 'unreplaceable'...they cant simply launch a new brand/model to replace legends like Exp I or the Sub/Sub-Date...
Exp I and SD is the 2 Oyster pro models that only 1 style/pattern...no choice of dial/bracelet...and Rolex dont even 'bother' to cough out a special edition for the Exp I 50th Anniversary...think they know this model will 'sell'..no matter what.. :o

if let me pick again..Explorer I, SD, Sub-date, the 'New DateJust'..these models will be in my list...
actually..the DateJust is a good choice...if you looking for a watch to accompany for many many yrs..just imaging you getting older...like 50+..60...whcih model will look nice on you...personally i don think model like Sub, SD is nice on a ah pei...saw some at kopitim before...ah pei with Sub-Date...very sporty ah pei..:D

Last edited:

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ThnX for the advise, I think I go give the explorer another good look before I decide.

Another factor would be that the datejust have alot of dials available in the market, for the explorer, got to stick to 1 look

maguses

Reaction score
i dont like the Datejust personally. So many pattern, it dilutes the character. And in S'pore, I tell u, the biggest owners of datejust are the 50 plus auntie brigade. There are many many aunties who buy steel-gold datejust when they get their half a million pension with their CSC cards eg the teachers and the nurses. They are everywhere!

When he's 50+, he can buy something uncle looking then. I say enjoy your youth, buy something your age (ie assuming pew is not an uncle hee). I regret not getting explorer, it is half the price but has twice the character compared to my steel-gold blue submariner. I'm def getting explorer coming dec when i get my bonus heehee, unless I decide to get a thick gold bracelet instead heehee. Then I will buy the crystal apple from tiffany (abt 200 bucks) and when my friends come over, I will say, "Did u watch Love Generation?" Lol

benqhoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
pew said:
ThnX for the advise, I think I go give the explorer another good look before I decide.

Another factor would be that the datejust have alot of dials available in the market, for the explorer, got to stick to 1 look
ya..you better take you time pick slowly for the one you really like...follow you heart..if not getting another pic will cost yuo another few K...but one problem..price likely to go up soooon...:o

maguses

Reaction score
It has gone up in UK and US already. Price increase is just a fax away (rolex wil just fax the AD and that's it)...

benqhoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
maguses said:
i dont like the Datejust personally. So many pattern, it dilutes the character. And in S'pore, I tell u, the biggest owners of datejust are the 50 plus auntie brigade. There are many many aunties who buy steel-gold datejust when they get their half a million pension with their CSC cards eg the teachers and the nurses. They are everywhere!

When he's 50+, he can buy something uncle looking then. I say enjoy your youth, buy something your age (ie assuming pew is not an uncle hee). I regret not getting explorer, it is half the price but has twice the character compared to my steel-gold blue submariner. I'm def getting explorer coming dec when i get my bonus heehee, unless I decide to get a thick gold bracelet instead heehee. Then I will buy the crystal apple from tiffany (abt 200 bucks) and when my friends come over, I will say, "Did u watch Love Generation?" Lol
one thing for the DateJust is too common loh...but it also the most practical model..that why they are the best Seller...

anyway..i think if you get the Exp then you will miss the blue-sub lah..
if you get A then you will miss B..if buy B then will miss A...
1 Rolex is not enough...best can get the whole series...see my mood and choose the watch to wear...
i got the Exp I liao..i also very gian so many other models...:D

jezzmatezz

Reaction score
piakpiak said:
anyone knows if this model is selling in s'pore?
if so, what is the approximate price?
otherwise I will buy in hk

1su3.jpg

thats a cool a$$ looking watch!!

I would like to know how much it would cost too!! :s22:

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
maguses said:

For me, I find datejust ok so long as it is not two tone with fluted bezel and jubilee bracelet.

Between Explorer, Air King and Datejust, My fav would be the explorer (but I am very fickle minded, and explorer leaves me with no option to change) followed by Airking (I really love it's simple clean cut design) and lastly the datejust.

How bout the oyster perprtual no date? What is the difference between this one and airking? Seems to me like paying few hundred dollars more just to have the airking word removed

benqhoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
airking..i like the price tag only...:D

oyster perprtual is smaller...31mm(what they call boy-size ba)...with COSC
airking is 34mm...same like oyster date..
DJ and Exp s bigger...36mm...

maguses

Reaction score
benqhoo said:
one thing for the DateJust is too common loh...but it also the most practical model..that why they are the best Seller...

anyway..i think if you get the Exp then you will miss the blue-sub lah..
if you get A then you will miss B..if buy B then will miss A...
1 Rolex is not enough...best can get the whole series...see my mood and choose the watch to wear...
i got the Exp I liao..i also very gian so many other models...:D

Haha I think that will prob happen also... but at least for Exp, it just seem more relevant in pop culture. I also feel like collecting more rolex heehee, my friend is right, and u r right, it will never stop at one :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.