HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

vanquish77

Reaction score
hi, i intend to choose a hotel out of these few options: Dorsett Seaview, Mayfair Garden, Eaton & Stanford.
Those who have been to hk, any comments and if u were me which one will u choose?
Sorry 1st time there, thus new as many info as possible. thks...

NottingHill

Reaction score
vanquish77 said:
hi, i intend to choose a hotel out of these few options: Dorsett Seaview, Mayfair Garden, Eaton & Stanford.
Those who have been to hk, any comments and if u were me which one will u choose?
Sorry 1st time there, thus new as many info as possible. thks...

Hi vanquish... dorsett, mayfair and eaton all in the yau ma tei area... i've stayed in eaton before.... find that the room is a bit small... but that's some time ago...maybe now after reno... rooms enlarge??? :s13:

Well if you ask me...i'll definitely chose stanford....hong kong..not hillview.... the one at soy street... in mongkok... just next to ladies st market.... :)

anyway ..that's where i'll be staying during my yr end holidays.....

cheers....

dekko25

Reaction score
NottingHill said:
Hi vanquish... dorsett, mayfair and eaton all in the yau ma tei area... i've stayed in eaton before.... find that the room is a bit small... but that's some time ago...maybe now after reno... rooms enlarge??? :s13:

Well if you ask me...i'll definitely chose stanford....hong kong..not hillview.... the one at soy street... in mongkok... just next to ladies st market.... :)

anyway ..that's where i'll be staying during my yr end holidays.....

cheers....

Yeah... will be staying there as well. It's name is Stanford Mongkok. You might want to check the rates @ www.jetabout.com.sg <Not related with the site> but that's where I booked the rooms from. But will be good if you can email the hotel to see if they can beat the rates quoted from the jetabout website.... last heard..someone managed to get a better deal than mine. :)

dekko25

Reaction score
Hey old bireds..Ive read about the lonely planet's guide to hong kong... truthfully speaking..Im all the more confused with their transport system. One is KCR..the other MTR then got what AEL...

Can someone here please enlighten...If ive just reached HKIA and wanna go to my hotel (Stanford Mongkok) I should take the MTR to Mong kok and then AEL A21 ? to my hotel right.

If I wanna go Shen Zhen, how should i go about from my hotel le?

1 Last question... is the 3 days unlimited rides tourist octopus pass worth the bucks?

NottingHill

Reaction score
dekko25 said:
Yeah... will be staying there as well. It's name is Stanford Mongkok. You might want to check the rates @ www.jetabout.com.sg <Not related with the site> but that's where I booked the rooms from. But will be good if you can email the hotel to see if they can beat the rates quoted from the jetabout website.... last heard..someone managed to get a better deal than mine. :)

hmnn someone talking about me?? hehehe :D

actually the special rates is on case by case lar... cos i'm their regular...whenever i go back to hong kong... :o

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
dekko25 said:
Hey old bireds..Ive read about the lonely planet's guide to hong kong... truthfully speaking..Im all the more confused with their transport system. One is KCR..the other MTR then got what AEL...

Can someone here please enlighten...If ive just reached HKIA and wanna go to my hotel (Stanford Mongkok) I should take the MTR to Mong kok and then AEL A21 ? to my hotel right.

If I wanna go Shen Zhen, how should i go about from my hotel le?

1 Last question... is the 3 days unlimited rides tourist octopus pass worth the bucks?
MTR = Mass Rapid Transit, which serves most of the tourist districts such as TST, Mongkok, HK Island
KCRC = Kowloon Canton Railway Corperation, unless u going SZ, u wont need to touch this.

Basically AEL, Airport Express Line is operated by MTR and it is a train which operates between Airport to Kowloon, and Hong Kong stations. Hong Kong and Kowloon stations provides free shuttle services to some hotels.

Cityflyer A21 is a bus service to and from the airport, operated by CityBus. This service operates thru TST, Mongkok, mainly along Nathan Road. This service does pass Stanford Mongkok, however the hotel is a few streets away from the Busstop.

The 3 days unlimited pass is worth if u plan on using the AEL.

Hope this clarifies ur doubts.

dekko25

Reaction score
Hi Charmander.

Thanks for the leads. So If i take the MTR (AEL) to mongkok and take their free shuttle and I will not have to take the cityflyer from the airport to my hotel right?

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
CharmanderWong said:
KCRC = Kowloon Canton Railway Corperation, unless u going SZ, u wont need to touch this.

Not true, KCRC takes you to

yuen long = best wanton mee, desset,

hunghom= best beef noodles,dan dan noodle, whampoa gardens,

shatin= best roast pigeon, snoppy land, new town shopping centre.

kcrc ma on shan line alsotakes you to lei yu mun = seafood

www.kcrc.com.hk
:s22:

dekko25

Reaction score
Anyone staying or have stayed at Stanford Mongkok before? Is it better to take the MTR (think need to do a transfer at one of the station) or just take A21 str8 to the hotel?

Thought of buying the 3 days tourist pass...but gonna stay there for 5D... so gotta plan nicely how to use the octopus card. Any tips? Use upon arrival... or wait till 2nd day then use? :s11:

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mosmos said:
Not true, KCRC takes you to

yuen long = best wanton mee, desset,

hunghom= best beef noodles,dan dan noodle, whampoa gardens,

shatin= best roast pigeon, snoppy land, new town shopping centre.

kcrc ma on shan line alsotakes you to lei yu mun = seafood

www.kcrc.com.hk

:s22:

Any idea what's the name & address for the Yuen Long Wanton Mee & dessert & the Shatin Roast Pigeon.

KCR line next to my hotel for my Dec trip! :s31:

universe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Volvo9 said:
did you making full payment or partial when booking?
sry for the late reply
'ah shan' told me to make 1 night partial payment first
rest 9 days go there then pay

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
dekko25 said:
Hi Charmander.

Thanks for the leads. So If i take the MTR (AEL) to mongkok and take their free shuttle and I will not have to take the cityflyer from the airport to my hotel right?
AEL's free shuttle dosent seem to pass your hotel, check @ http://www.mtr.com.hk/eng/train/ae_compli_e.htm.

Seems that u have to take the CityFlyer A21. If u still insist on using the AEL, i think u might have to transfer at Hong Kong station, and take a train heading towards Mongkok which i dont recommand doing. Well, if u have more than 3 person, u could also consider the taxi.

mosmos said:
Not true, KCRC takes you to ..

Yikes, forgot to take that into consideration because i dont usually use the KCR to get to these places.

Volvo9

Reaction score
CharmanderWong said:
Seems that u have to take the CityFlyer A21. If u still insist on using the AEL, i think u might have to transfer at Hong Kong station, and take a train heading towards Mongkok which i dont recommand doing. Well, if u have more than 3 person, u could also consider the taxi.

How much will the taxi fare like?

dekko25

Reaction score
SUX!! Jetabout just called me to inform that stanford Mongkok is not available.

They counter me with MEtropark Kowloon... Anyone stayed there before? Is this hotel good in terms of location? :s27:

JDelphiNet

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Try Park Hotel @ Kowloon. Stayed there for 4N @ $130/night. Room's big and location is 5 mins walk to TST MTR.

:Later,

dekko25

Reaction score
This is what's being offered:

Hotel: Metropark Kowloon
Room: Standard Room Upgrade to Deluxe Room
** Special ** Pay 3 Nights, Free 4th Consecutive Night Stay
Check-in: 28Dec06 Check-out: 01Jan07
Rate: S$102 per room per night X 3N X 2R = S$612.

Remarks:
~ REQUEST ROOMS ON SAME FLOOR - NIL G'TEED
~ REQUEST ADJOINING/ADJACENT ROOM - NIL G'TEED
~ REQUEST NON-SMOKING FLOOR - NIL G'TEED
~ REQUEST 2 TWIN BED - NIL G'TEED

** Please take note that all requests are subject to hotel's availability upon check-in **

Bonus Offers:
~ Stay 3 nights and receive an upgrade from a Standard to a Deluxe Room.
~ 10% discount at all in-house food and beverage outlets. Shuttle bus to Tsimshatsui and Mongkok MTR.
~ Guaranteed late check-out at 6pm. (11Dec06 - 15Mar07)
~ Pay 3 nights, get 1 consecutive night free. (10Dec06 - 08Mar07)

Hotel Information:
General Comments: Away from the bustle of Kowloon, a comfortable hotel for the budget conscious.
Location Description: Within close proximity to the local area of Mongkok and near an MTR.

Kindly advise if you would like to take up the alternative or suggest an alternative and we can check it out for you.

For your information, rooms are not available for Kimberly Hotel, Hotel Miramar, Nathan Hotel.

Should I take this offer? :s11:

player

Reaction score
going to HK next wk anyone have taken the Ngong Ping 360 cablecar (skyrail) ?? How can i buy the tix and is it very crowded and is it worth to spend the $ and time to go there

James Tang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dekko25 said:
This is what's being offered:

Hotel: Metropark Kowloon
Room: Standard Room Upgrade to Deluxe Room
** Special ** Pay 3 Nights, Free 4th Consecutive Night Stay
Check-in: 28Dec06 Check-out: 01Jan07
Rate: S$102 per room per night X 3N X 2R = S$612.

Remarks:
~ REQUEST ROOMS ON SAME FLOOR - NIL G'TEED
~ REQUEST ADJOINING/ADJACENT ROOM - NIL G'TEED
~ REQUEST NON-SMOKING FLOOR - NIL G'TEED
~ REQUEST 2 TWIN BED - NIL G'TEED

** Please take note that all requests are subject to hotel's availability upon check-in **

Bonus Offers:
~ Stay 3 nights and receive an upgrade from a Standard to a Deluxe Room.
~ 10% discount at all in-house food and beverage outlets. Shuttle bus to Tsimshatsui and Mongkok MTR.
~ Guaranteed late check-out at 6pm. (11Dec06 - 15Mar07)
~ Pay 3 nights, get 1 consecutive night free. (10Dec06 - 08Mar07)

Hotel Information:
General Comments: Away from the bustle of Kowloon, a comfortable hotel for the budget conscious.
Location Description: Within close proximity to the local area of Mongkok and near an MTR.

Kindly advise if you would like to take up the alternative or suggest an alternative and we can check it out for you.

For your information, rooms are not available for Kimberly Hotel, Hotel Miramar, Nathan Hotel.

Should I take this offer? :s11:

Looks quite good.

But I think Metropark is not at the same league as Miramar and Kimberly?

If no other choice die die also must take, right?

Am going there in 2 weeks time, staying at Kimberly

James Tang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
insomnia12 said:
I juz booked a 5d4n f&e trip to hongkong I pay $620 for the package. Is the price resonable? I will be going in mid nov.

I have read up some of the posting regarding the places to go and some nice place to eat but i still have some questions hope some of you can help me out.

1) As I'm going in mid Nov, will I be able to find clothings for singapore weather at the warehouse or shopping centers?

2) If I intend to spend from morning till maybe 2-3pm at the ocean park is that sufficient? Cos I have fren saying that's not enough and say I should stay until the park close at 6pm.

3) How much cash should i change? (Is SGD$500 enough?)

Think i will post my plan for the trip in the next few days hope u guys can give me some advice on it. Thanks.

Hi I dont know if anyone answered your questions. Just fro my experience:

1. Nov is winter already. Not a good time to shop for clothings.

2. Not sure

3. may or may not be enough depending on how you want to spend. You can always split the cash into various days and ration. If you have saved some cash through the days, you could spend all in one good good meal. We spent several hundreds at one go for a single meal.. hehe

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.