View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 05:22 PM   #867
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,175
Hey old bireds..Ive read about the lonely planet's guide to hong kong... truthfully speaking..Im all the more confused with their transport system. One is KCR..the other MTR then got what AEL...

Can someone here please enlighten...If ive just reached HKIA and wanna go to my hotel (Stanford Mongkok) I should take the MTR to Mong kok and then AEL A21 ? to my hotel right.

If I wanna go Shen Zhen, how should i go about from my hotel le?

1 Last question... is the 3 days unlimited rides tourist octopus pass worth the bucks?
MTR = Mass Rapid Transit, which serves most of the tourist districts such as TST, Mongkok, HK Island
KCRC = Kowloon Canton Railway Corperation, unless u going SZ, u wont need to touch this.

Basically AEL, Airport Express Line is operated by MTR and it is a train which operates between Airport to Kowloon, and Hong Kong stations. Hong Kong and Kowloon stations provides free shuttle services to some hotels.

Cityflyer A21 is a bus service to and from the airport, operated by CityBus. This service operates thru TST, Mongkok, mainly along Nathan Road. This service does pass Stanford Mongkok, however the hotel is a few streets away from the Busstop.

The 3 days unlimited pass is worth if u plan on using the AEL.

Hope this clarifies ur doubts.
CharmanderWong is offline   Reply With Quote