HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

coolbuzer

Reaction score
Hi Charmander, can anyone just board the AEL's free shuttle from the airport? It says we need to be Airport Express Customer? I am going to stay at Marco Polo Gateway in mid Nov and the agent mentioned that transferred is included, is this the free shuttle they are implyinh?

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
coolbuzer said:
Hi Charmander, can anyone just board the AEL's free shuttle from the airport? It says we need to be Airport Express Customer? I am going to stay at Marco Polo Gateway in mid Nov and the agent mentioned that transferred is included, is this the free shuttle they are implyinh?
AEL's free shuttle operates from Kowloon Station and HongKong station itself, and not directly from the airport, and this is not the free shuttle ur agent is implying. U should receive some vouchers or some receipt to show to the airport transfer coach companies in x-change for a ride.

TitanSmall

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yea finally managed to book the airtix.. jetstar 6 to 11 dec.. 234pax.. considered expensive? now for the hotel.. i'm quite worried no more rooms for us.. tryin to book stanford hotel... haha.. :D

dekko25

Reaction score
TitanSmall said:
yea finally managed to book the airtix.. jetstar 6 to 11 dec.. 234pax.. considered expensive? now for the hotel.. i'm quite worried no more rooms for us.. tryin to book stanford hotel... haha.. :D

Not bad rates. Better book your hotel early... quite a number of hotels I enquired no more rooms left. :s27:

cwsamuel

Reaction score
TitanSmall said:

your plane ticket is $234 after including in all the taxes? if yes, it's cheap! :)

bh0322

Reaction score
ot a bit, is I am going shopping in HK, is it good to go during december? Wanted to get jetstar offer but was thinking whether is there any clothing to buy as it is winter. Anyone here has any experiences going to HK in december?

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can find but not easy to find. at branded shops very unlikely more likely at those factory outlet. don't expect too much though.

best time imho is during hk sales between july to august. of course that time typhoon season.

TitanSmall

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dekko25 said:
Not bad rates. Better book your hotel early... quite a number of hotels I enquired no more rooms left. :s27:
u got try stanford hotel? if dun hav u recommand which hotel around tat range one?

dekko25

Reaction score
TitanSmall said:
u got try stanford hotel? if dun hav u recommand which hotel around tat range one?

Oh boy, when I told them I wanna take the offer. They told me that offer not valid due to system error. Now Im in the midst of looking for hotels. Alot all return no vacancies.

Trying Metropole Metropark, Concourse Metropark. See how it goes man. :s16:

JDelphiNet

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dekko25 told you lah... try Park Hotel @ Kowloon. We stayed there for 4N. Good sized rooms. Very convenient location.

:Later,

qqspot

Reaction score
Volvo9 said:
actually, I plan to go Shenzhen to shop, just not sure how and where to go.
What is the best timing to go to The Peak?
Monday to Friday morning will be fine or afternoon after lunch in Central also can...

Go to Grage St in Central and try the best HK Hot Milk Tea in Hong Kong..

dekko25

Reaction score
But the location abit off le.

anything to entertain yourself around the hotel vicinity?

qqspot

Reaction score
vanquish77 said:
hi, i intend to choose a hotel out of these few options: Dorsett Seaview, Mayfair Garden, Eaton & Stanford.
Those who have been to hk, any comments and if u were me which one will u choose?
Sorry 1st time there, thus new as many info as possible. thks...
Mayfair Garden or dorset seaview...

i still prefer hotels in HK Island..

qqspot

Reaction score
dekko25 said:
Hey old bireds..Ive read about the lonely planet's guide to hong kong... truthfully speaking..Im all the more confused with their transport system. One is KCR..the other MTR then got what AEL...

Can someone here please enlighten...If ive just reached HKIA and wanna go to my hotel (Stanford Mongkok) I should take the MTR to Mong kok and then AEL A21 ? to my hotel right.

Take MTR Airport Express or Taxi or Airport Bus also can depand on u...

If I wanna go Shen Zhen, how should i go about from my hotel le?

Take KCR to Long Wu Station and walk over to ShenZhen...

1 Last question... is the 3 days unlimited rides tourist octopus pass worth the bucks?
Yes IF ONLY u travel a lot there and been for 3 days...

JDelphiNet

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Off? Paiseh.. where do you actually intend to stay ah?

Park Hotel is at Kowloon. About 5 minutes walk to Tsim Sha Tsui MTR / Nathan Road. A block away from Granville Road. Check my thread here for some info. Haven't updated it in a long while though.

:Later,

universe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
to get to shenzhen,
take KCR to luo hu, not long wu (there's not long wu :D)
from luo hu, walk over to shenzhen loh (it's like our causeway to malaysia)

do note that there's opening hrs for the custom @ shenzhen/luohu

did a check, from http://wikitravel.org/en/Shenzhen
the custom opens from 630am to 12 mn

Last edited:

vanquish77

Reaction score
dekko25 said:
Yeah... will be staying there as well. It's name is Stanford Mongkok. You might want to check the rates @ www.jetabout.com.sg <Not related with the site> but that's where I booked the rooms from. But will be good if you can email the hotel to see if they can beat the rates quoted from the jetabout website.... last heard..someone managed to get a better deal than mine. :)

Hi dekko25, i got offered from them HK900 for one double room, exclusive of tax....
I tink they still got rooms... u better check wif them directly if u r still looking for room.

To nottinghill: I rememebred seeing that u had staed wif them b4. How r their rooms? can elaborate more? Thanks... hee hee

I will be going on 14 - 19 Dec....taking jetstar.... :) Anyone abt the same time going there?

Volvo9

Reaction score
universe said:
to get to shenzhen,
take KCR to luo hu, not long wu (there's not long wu :D)
from luo hu, walk over to shenzhen loh (it's like our causeway to malaysia)

do note that there's opening hrs for the custom @ shenzhen/luohu

did a check, from http://wikitravel.org/en/Shenzhen
the custom opens from 630am to 12 mn

How safe is the place and anything to watch out for?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.