HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

NottingHill

Reaction score
vanquish77 said:
Hi dekko25, i got offered from them HK900 for one double room, exclusive of tax....
I tink they still got rooms... u better check wif them directly if u r still looking for room.

To nottinghill: I rememebred seeing that u had staed wif them b4. How r their rooms? can elaborate more? Thanks... hee hee

I will be going on 14 - 19 Dec....taking jetstar.... :) Anyone abt the same time going there?

Hi vanquish77.... yup stayed there last yr... here's a link to see the pic gallery...
http://www.kktravel.com/hk_hotel_summary/stanford/stanford.htm

Room size wise, I would say on the small side... but it's the location that I like....right smack in the midst of ladies st market... ;-)

HK900?? exclude tax?? wow that's a bit steep... for my stay period, I was offerred HK750 nett except christmas eve - HK850 nett..... but may be because I'm their returning guest... and I liaised with them in advance.... If you like, maybe you can write directly to Ms Daisy Wong, tell them, Clarence Foo recommend one... see if they can give better price? :o

I'll be back there on 20 dec to 25 dec...... :D only thing is their lift is a bit slow...heheh can take a short nap while waiting for it... :s13:

Last edited:

qqspot

Reaction score
universe said:
to get to shenzhen,
take KCR to luo hu, not long wu (there's not long wu :D)
from luo hu, walk over to shenzhen loh (it's like our causeway to malaysia)

do note that there's opening hrs for the custom @ shenzhen/luohu

did a check, from http://wikitravel.org/en/Shenzhen
the custom opens from 630am to 12 mn
Hello from Long Wu just walk over from HK Custom to China Customs over the bridge...

broskel

Reaction score
was wondering if anyone is goin to HK any time soon? could any kind soul help me get something from there? :o any help is appreicated.. thanks alot

TitanSmall

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my fren booked guangdong hotel but i was thinking of YMCA International House cause its cheaper.. anyway one stayed in the ymca b4? or u all think i shld stick with the guangdong hotel?

sliver0503

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys,
i am planning to go HK (R&R) during the christmas period(22nd to 26th dec), shld be getting jetstar, but waiting for one last frd to confirm if he is gg anot. so now only mi and my gf...
issit cheaper to book the airtix online and then book the hotel online also?? wat hotel u guys recommend (in kowloon area)? think a 3* star hotel shld ok.
any advise??

tks in advance!!

Rheopaipo

Reaction score
TitanSmall said:
my fren booked guangdong hotel but i was thinking of YMCA International House cause its cheaper.. anyway one stayed in the ymca b4? or u all think i shld stick with the guangdong hotel?

I've stayed at YMCA International House last month, booked standard rm thru asiatravel, but was upgarded to superior rm when i check-in, loc very near to yaumatei mtr, got a 7/11 nearby oso & it near lady street (1-2 blk away).

insomnia12

Reaction score
Juz wondering when booking a package is our name all they need for booking the airfare and the hotel? Because when I book they only ask for my name.

some of my fren when they book they ask about the passport expiry date.

dekko25

Reaction score
sliver0503 said:
hi guys,
i am planning to go HK (R&R) during the christmas period(22nd to 26th dec), shld be getting jetstar, but waiting for one last frd to confirm if he is gg anot. so now only mi and my gf...
issit cheaper to book the airtix online and then book the hotel online also?? wat hotel u guys recommend (in kowloon area)? think a 3* star hotel shld ok.
any advise??

tks in advance!!

You may want to check quickly as during this peak period, most of the hotels I enquired are all either fully booked or they are increasing the prices.

vanquish77

Reaction score
hi guys

for those who have been to HK and stayed at eaton or nathan, any reviews from u?
Currently, deciding which one to book....

(To NottingHill: Thanks for ur advise, i have tried stanford but no more offer liao, and HK900 too steep. So no choice have to look for alternative...)

djchris

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eh, does anyone have a softcopy of the hongkong map (hi-res 1-page, street directory type)?
Can't seem to find one on google.

qqspot

Reaction score
player said:
going to HK next wk anyone have taken the Ngong Ping 360 cablecar (skyrail) ?? How can i buy the tix and is it very crowded and is it worth to spend the $ and time to go there
Most likely long queues and worth to take the cable car... Once a life time..

qqspot

Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by insomnia12
I juz booked a 5d4n f&e trip to hongkong I pay $620 for the package. Is the price resonable? I will be going in mid nov.

I have read up some of the posting regarding the places to go and some nice place to eat but i still have some questions hope some of you can help me out.

1) As I'm going in mid Nov, will I be able to find clothings for singapore weather at the warehouse or shopping centers?

2) If I intend to spend from morning till maybe 2-3pm at the ocean park is that sufficient? Cos I have fren saying that's not enough and say I should stay until the park close at 6pm.

3) How much cash should i change? (Is SGD$500 enough?)

Think i will post my plan for the trip in the next few days hope u guys can give me some advice on it. Thanks.

1) Winter Season.
2) Ocean Park you cxan spend 1 full day there...
3) Depands on your budget and how your spending habits...

NottingHill

Reaction score
vanquish77 said:
hi guys

for those who have been to HK and stayed at eaton or nathan, any reviews from u?
Currently, deciding which one to book....

(To NottingHill: Thanks for ur advise, i have tried stanford but no more offer liao, and HK900 too steep. So no choice have to look for alternative...)

Hi vanquish... you can try this website:
http://www.asiatravel.com/stanford/index.html

Apparently there still room available for HK780. :)

:s12: :s12: :s12:

qqspot

Reaction score
broskel said:
was wondering if anyone is goin to HK any time soon? could any kind soul help me get something from there? :o any help is appreicated.. thanks alot
Check your PM!!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.