Thread all abt ROLEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Presssss

Reaction score
Rolex Datejust

Hi to all,

Can anyone advise the differences between Rolex mid-sized datejust 78724 and 178274.... From wat i observed in appearance, they both looked the same...but with different model no..izzit becos of the different year of make or the different movement that they are using?

Thanks in advance and have a great day ahead!

Regards
Lim

c1assact

Reaction score
Submariner

Hi Guys,

Do u know the price for submariner with date in SG now? I saw it in Bucherer in Bern selling for SF 6100. After the VAT rebate shld be around SGD 71++. Do u think is worth to buy here or back on SG. I will be here for the next few days, hope u guys can advise the price in SG, thx.

ohlins

Reaction score
c1assact said:
Hi Guys,

Do u know the price for submariner with date in SG now? I saw it in Bucherer in Bern selling for SF 6100. After the VAT rebate shld be around SGD 71++. Do u think is worth to buy here or back on SG. I will be here for the next few days, hope u guys can advise the price in SG, thx.

possible to get below 7k in SG......since the price increase is rumoured to be wef nov.....u have a few days to make it....:)

ohlins

Reaction score
Presssss said:
Hi to all,

Can anyone advise the differences between Rolex mid-sized datejust 78724 and 178274.... From wat i observed in appearance, they both looked the same...but with different model no..izzit becos of the different year of make or the different movement that they are using?

Thanks in advance and have a great day ahead!

Regards
Lim

same movement......

if u observe carefully....u shd see

polished lugs instead of a brushed finish
solid end links
solid middle links (for both oyster and jubilee)
new bracelet clasps
a higher price haha.....

foofam77

Reaction score
ohlins said:
possible to get below 7k in SG......since the price increase is rumoured to be wef nov.....u have a few days to make it....:)

yo bro...where to get this at below 7K in SG?

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need some advise here:

Budget is $5000

Choices:

Black face 94 Datejust w18k white gold bezel and SS jubilee bracelet $3900
White face 96 Datejust w 18k whitegold bezel and SS jubilee bracelet $4300
White face 96 Explorer II $4800
Black face 96 Explorer II $4800
Brand New Airking for slightly more than 4K (from AD)
Brand new black face Explorer II (parallel import) $5700 (But it's a D 2005 april batch)
Brand new SS sub date (Parallel import) $6300 (Z 2006 May batch)

Which one would you go for?

Don't mind explorer I, but did not come across any

boobip

Reaction score
If that budget is not a strict budget, I'd personally go for the subdate. It's going at a v good price for parallel imports. Can easily get better prices for the stated datejusts at chinatown.

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is actually a pretty stricty budget, but can still squeeze.

What is the pricing for datejust like in chinatown? If $5000 can squeeze in another lady datejust for my wife, I wouldn't mind

ohlins

Reaction score
if you can stretch ur budget.......then the 16610 is a very good deal. however, does it come with open papers? technically it's no longer brand new....it's just a very new used watch...

at slightly above 5k u can also get the 116200....which is the new ss datejust.....the new bracelet and clasp are superb...

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ohlins said:
if you can stretch ur budget.......then the 16610 is a very good deal. however, does it come with open papers? technically it's no longer brand new....it's just a very new used watch...

at slightly above 5k u can also get the 116200....which is the new ss datejust.....the new bracelet and clasp are superb...

What is open papers? Can advise what should I look out for when getting such a watch?

If I were to stretch my budget, I would go for a professional series watch. And furthermore, I am not used to the looks for the new DJ (a bit kiddish to me). After trying on the jubilee bracelet, oyster bracelet on DJ just dont seem so seem so nice anynore

ohlins

Reaction score
open papers = empty, as in no name was written in the warranty paper. if u feel there is a need, can always bring to rolex centre to authenticate....

the new DJ also comes with jubilee bracelet......solid end and middle links....and a hidden clasp.....

but then a brand new sub-date can be found below 7k also......depends whether u feel like paying the difference between brand new and quite new

Last edited:

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ohlins said:
open papers = empty, as in no name was written in the warranty paper. if u feel there is a need, can always bring to rolex centre to authenticate....

the new DJ also comes with jubilee bracelet......solid end and middle links....and a hidden clasp.....

but then a brand new sub-date can be found below 7k also......depends whether u feel like paying the difference between brand new and quite new

Think about it, it's only like 10% lower than list price only (might be able to squeeze for similar pricing from AD) what's the discount structure for subs like? I know for DJs, it's 15% plus a bit more if paying cash.

How about the black face explorer II, for 5700, is it a good deal?

bwaysaigan

Banned
Reaction score
pew said:
Think about it, it's only like 10% lower than list price only (might be able to squeeze for similar pricing from AD) what's the discount structure for subs like? I know for DJs, it's 15% plus a bit more if paying cash.

How about the black face explorer II, for 5700, is it a good deal?
so cheeps har sexplorers 2 only 5.7?

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bwaysaigan said:
so cheeps har sexplorers 2 only 5.7?

Ai Mai? I think he got more than 1 piece, get together, can squeeze that fella cheaper

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ohlins said:

For open paper, should there be dealer stamp there?
If I go rolex centre authenticate, would they chop the date on the paper?

bwaysaigan

Banned
Reaction score
pew said:
Ai Mai? I think he got more than 1 piece, get together, can squeeze that fella cheaper
sorry boss - i only buy AD ones. no nids scares anything go wrongs

dealer only will bother if vintages.

buaysaikum

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bwaysaigan said:
sorry boss - i only buy AD ones. no nids scares anything go wrongs

dealer only will bother if vintages.
show some pigs of your collection lehs...

this one hyd ones...
that day i went his office he show me ones..

hydrolex.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.