HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
universe said:
tt32003
haha, went to disney tt time
got free shuttle bus to hotel leh...why u walk leh :D

tt time i went was christmas eve (last yr) dun have such gd luck of no need fast pass, everywhere was so crowded and queue was so long....
haiz

tfosorcim
not sure abt how to ans all ur qns, but meals wise, it costs ard $6-10 sing dollars per meal in eateries
went to dimsum restaurant(which is very common, not like singapore, expensive restaurant) and had timsum for ard HKD120 for 3 pax
anyway,

Actually after getting out of the mtr station there was a sign that says shuttle bus to hotel. But there was no bus or no people waiting for it. But the bus is actually at the terminal about 100 metres away.
So we started walking to the hotel loh.

qqspot

Reaction score
tt32003 said:
How is the Madame Tussaud's Wax Musuem at the peak ?
Is it anywhere near the one at London ? Went to the London one before and quite llike it.
Btw is it more worth it to get the wax museum plus tram package where one can save money and time in queing or more worth it to get the group wntry pacakage at the wax museum where can get a free guide book ?
If you have plans to go to wax museum then buy the package.

If not just buy the tram ticket.

wax museum
Hong Kong Madame Tussaud's Wax Musuem have more asian figures and Jap Pop Star like Ayumi, and etc...

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madame_Tussauds

tt32003

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
buzzmario said:
any one been to Ngong Ping 360 ?

From thr web site:http://www.np360.com.hk/html/eng/booking/prices.html?play=on1&continue1=yes&soundpos=53220

it seem to be few attaction package. will a half day tour enough for Ngong Ping 360 ?

any adivse?

thanks

It will be really crowded.
Be prepared bo wait for 60min minimum at Tung Chung side and another 60min at Ngong Ping side just to board the cable cars.
So if you want to take the pacakages probably need more than half day.

buzzmario

Reaction score
CITY GATE

tt32003 said:
Be prepared bo wait for 60min minimum at Tung Chung side and another 60min at Ngong Ping side just to board the cable cars.

by the way, is city gate near to this tung chung? how to get there? might plan to spend morning at Ngong Ping amd afternoon at city gate if both places are near by.

o0KelviN0o

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i intend to take one-way to Ngong Ping from Tung Chung MTR, then take the Lantau walk back to Citygate S.C :)

buzzmario

Reaction score
o0KelviN0o said:
i intend to take one-way to Ngong Ping from Tung Chung MTR, then take the Lantau walk back to Citygate S.C :)

How to take the Lantau walk to City gate? City gate at Tung Chung MTR?

qqspot

Reaction score
buzzmario said:
any one been to Ngong Ping 360 ?

From thr web site:http://www.np360.com.hk/html/eng/booking/prices.html?play=on1&continue1=yes&soundpos=53220

it seem to be few attaction package. will a half day tour enough for Ngong Ping 360 ?

any adivse?

thanks
The Cable Car will be crowed, beside i will advise you do the Local Way...

1) Go to Central or TST Ferry Pier take a Fast Ferry/1st Ferry to [size=-1]Mui Wo is known as Silver Mine Bay (銀礦灣)

2) Take a Bus to [/size]Ngong Ping Village.

3) When you are done after and tired to go back home and take a cable car ride back and you will spend 8-12 hours during this journey...

Advantage; you will not stuck in the queue of the cable car to NP360 and got to see a lot of thing where common tourist do not see.

qqspot

Reaction score
buzzmario said:
by the way, is city gate near to this tung chung? how to get there? might plan to spend morning at Ngong Ping amd afternoon at city gate if both places are near by.
you can have a nice cozy dinner and please do drop to the top floor of Tung Chong City Gate ---> Pacific Coffee for a drink and you will explore a very nice place to rest your legs and enjoy the beautiful mountion landscape...

Remember to cop the windows seats ok?

you can visit City Gate in the late afternoon or in the eveing...

qqspot

Reaction score
buzzmario said:
well with my 2 year old daughter, i dun think i can take 3 hour to walk down. and bro, may i know if city gate at tung chung town?
Wiki Tung Chung
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tung_Chung

Shopping

Fu Tung Shopping Centre, Yat Tung Shopping Centre, and Citygate are the three shopping centers in Tung Chung thus far. Further shopping malls are expected at the new developments in Caribbean Coast. Tung Chung is a mere 12 minutes from Tsing Yi and Kwai Tsing, where a much wider variety of shopping options are available.

Citygate is at the heart of this new town, developed in conjunction with the Tung Chung MTR Station and bus terminus, thus providing a focal point to the town. Citygate, developed in the glass and steel style of the Hong Kong International Airport, contains 500,000 square feet (46,000 m²) of shopping, entertainment, and food outlets spread across five floors. A square outside the mall contains a special fountain which performs a musical show regularly, attracting visitors and residents alike to relax and cool off in the summer heat.

Hope this will help you...

Is only next to Tung Chung MTR!!

Are you going with your wife? If yes, Do drop by the Adids, Esprit, Nike, Levis outlets and they are cheap ar... >o#

EVO13

Reaction score
yeah.. CityGate is just outside Tung Chung MTR, there will be sign board to guide you.

snowieezz

Reaction score
tt32003 said:

hi i am new here and am going hong kong next month :)

can i check if the long waiting time is everyday meaning weekends + weekday also so crowded?

if i go on a weekday at 10am... do u think i can avoid the long waiting time and queue? :)

o0KelviN0o

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
qqspot said:
OMG i hats off you!! Mind if i had ask are you going trekking?

:D

my wife & I like... we always go trekking @ Bkt Timah hill on weekends

buzzmario

Reaction score
Adids, Esprit, Nike, Levis outlets

qqspot said:
Wiki Tung Chung
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tung_Chung

Shopping

Fu Tung Shopping Centre, Yat Tung Shopping Centre, and Citygate are the three shopping centers in Tung Chung thus far. Further shopping malls are expected at the new developments in Caribbean Coast. Tung Chung is a mere 12 minutes from Tsing Yi and Kwai Tsing, where a much wider variety of shopping options are available.

Citygate is at the heart of this new town, developed in conjunction with the Tung Chung MTR Station and bus terminus, thus providing a focal point to the town. Citygate, developed in the glass and steel style of the Hong Kong International Airport, contains 500,000 square feet (46,000 m²) of shopping, entertainment, and food outlets spread across five floors. A square outside the mall contains a special fountain which performs a musical show regularly, attracting visitors and residents alike to relax and cool off in the summer heat.

Hope this will help you...

Is only next to Tung Chung MTR!!

Are you going with your wife? If yes, Do drop by the Adids, Esprit, Nike, Levis outlets and they are cheap ar... >o#

hi bro, if these Adids, Esprit, Nike, Levis outlets are factory oulet?

thanks

Memphis

Reaction score
snowieezz said:
anyone knows the ngong ping crowd on a weekday? :)
I just went for the Ngong Ping Cable car on monday, reached around 12noon..not much ppl. Waited only around 10 min or less to board the cable car.

The Wisdom Path is under some construction, so there are scarfoldings on the wooden beams, might not be very picturesque though.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.