Thread all abt ROLEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

gate75

Reaction score
sub date is nice. but i prefer explorer ii. better fit on my small wrist. but if what you said is true, then many ppl will be crying when the new model is out. lol... serve them right for keeping these from the public...

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
gate75 said:
sub date is nice. but i prefer explorer ii. better fit on my small wrist. but if what you said is true, then many ppl will be crying when the new model is out. lol... serve them right for keeping these from the public...

I chose the Explorer II cuz I can't get my eyes off the red hand.

Also, DJs, Sub, GMT and TOG all scream rolex, people far far away can see already. Explorer II is more subtle. (Cant afford Daytona, and don't really fancy yachtmaster)

gate75

Reaction score
pew said:
I chose the Explorer II cuz I can't get my eyes off the red hand.

Also, DJs, Sub, GMT and TOG all scream rolex, people far far away can see already. Explorer II is more subtle. (Cant afford Daytona, and don't really fancy yachtmaster)
lol.... we share same taste.... cannot accept daytona and yachtmaster too.... anyway i also bought the black exp ii too. like what you said... more subtle. everytime i admire my watch i very happy. feeling of satisfaction... got this from my own hard earned money... sense of achievement.... lol : )

ohlins

Reaction score
sub is the most popular of the rolex prof series......

although gmt 2 and sub has the same list price of 7444 but in real life, u dun get much discount for sub.....

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ohlins said:
sub is the most popular of the rolex prof series......

although gmt 2 and sub has the same list price of 7444 but in real life, u dun get much discount for sub.....

Looks wise is subjective, but practicality wise, I would think the GMT is better, with interchangable bezel and the extra GMT hand.

For diving wise, there is the SD. So in terms of product positioning, where does the sub lie?

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
GMT 2 can have many kinds of look like change brezel color, bracelet type etc.... unlike sub totally dead one kind of look

communicam

Reaction score
hey guys.. just wondering if u all happen to know how much the hands and needles
would cost at rolex centre singapore?

also.. if i could change my datejust 1601 dial to a black computer roman face?
how much ar??
thanks!
my.php

ohlins

Reaction score
pew said:
Looks wise is subjective, but practicality wise, I would think the GMT is better, with interchangable bezel and the extra GMT hand.

For diving wise, there is the SD. So in terms of product positioning, where does the sub lie?

of cos its subjective but market demand has resulted in the gmt 2 selling at much lower prices......the bezel insert is not that easy to change oso....gmt hand is useful if u travel to another time zone often....

sub is the original diving watch ......SD is for deep sea compression diving.....if u try on the SD....u will realise that the SD dial is 1mm smaller.....and the taller caseback makes the watch wear taller on ur wrist.....so some ppl still prefer a sub.....of cos the cyclop is also a factor....some ppl like it....some ppl dun.....

ohlins

Reaction score
Nakedtoes said:
GMT 2 can have many kinds of look like change brezel color, bracelet type etc.... unlike sub totally dead one kind of look

bracelet types....? how often do u see a gmt 2 with jubilee bracelet?.....practically nil cos not many like that combo.......so its still down to oyster bracelet....

the bezel insert colour is not like u can change anytime u want........it takes a bit of skill and practice to pop the bezel off and then remove the insert......

ohlins

Reaction score
communicam said:
hey guys.. just wondering if u all happen to know how much the hands and needles
would cost at rolex centre singapore?

also.. if i could change my datejust 1601 dial to a black computer roman face?
how much ar??
thanks!
my.php

u have to do a complete service then they will change the hands for u......basic service starts from approx 300....not too sure about rolex singapore's policy for dial changes.....but for dj...there r certain options for dial u can choose.....mostly with diamonds

snip3r

Banned
Reaction score
ohlins said:
of cos its subjective but market demand has resulted in the gmt 2 selling at much lower prices......the bezel insert is not that easy to change oso....gmt hand is useful if u travel to another time zone often....

sub is the original diving watch ......SD is for deep sea compression diving.....if u try on the SD....u will realise that the SD dial is 1mm smaller.....and the taller caseback makes the watch wear taller on ur wrist.....so some ppl still prefer a sub.....of cos the cyclop is also a factor....some ppl like it....some ppl dun.....
bcos of the cylcops I went to get the non date sub.. can always see the date when you have a hamfone

communicam

Reaction score
ohlins said:
u have to do a complete service then they will change the hands for u......basic service starts from approx 300....not too sure about rolex singapore's policy for dial changes.....but for dj...there r certain options for dial u can choose.....mostly with diamonds

hmm.. k thanks for the info..
maybe gonna go down tis thurs.. hands bit badly corroded..
but how long would the servicing take.. my friend waited for almost a month now for his
MOP dial..

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ohlins said:
bracelet types....? how often do u see a gmt 2 with jubilee bracelet?.....practically nil cos not many like that combo.......so its still down to oyster bracelet....

the bezel insert colour is not like u can change anytime u want........it takes a bit of skill and practice to pop the bezel off and then remove the insert......
Seen a few GMTs on the web with nylon straps, and I must say they look pretty good

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ohlins said:

Funny thing is the price diff between the black bezel and the pepsi colour one, price difference is like around $300-400 (different discount) while the original bezels are selling for like US$80

ohlins

Reaction score
yeah......that's very true......but rolex singapore will not sell u a bezel of a different colour.....some used watch stores have original bezels for sale.....so one can buy a pepsi gmt 2 and then obtain a used black bezel insert to save a few hundred bucks...

Last edited:

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ohlins said:
yeah......that's very true......but rolex singapore will not sell u a bezel of a different colour.....some used watch stores have original bezels for sale.....so one can buy a pepsi gmt 2 and then obtain a used black bezel insert to save a few hundred bucks...

Any idea how do they get all the used parts? I thot rolex always practise a 1 to 1 exchange policy for all their parts?

And let's say u bring in a watch for servicing without a bracelet, would they just add a bracelet for you or would they insist you bring them 1 bracelet for them to replace?

bwaysaigan

Banned
Reaction score
cannot change to any pattern u likes.

TUNG CENTER WILL NOT ENTERTAINS yr watch if it is not in the original pattern.

ie bezel strap dial etcs

they will ask u go elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.